Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

newbie question re ticketing Options
lizilla
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 5:45:34 PM
Groups: Member

Hi Guys,

I do apologise if this question has already been asked before, I went to Bluesfest last year but have a bit of a question regarding ticketing.

I have to apply for annual leave over the easter weekend and was wondering when the timetables for which day each band would be playing would be announced? I'm interested in some specific bands and whilst I will still probably go for one or two days if they werent playing, I'd rather know sooner so I knew which days to buy the tickets for and book my leave.

Thanks! Last year was my first experience of Bluesfest and it was absoloutely amazing, very few festival atmospheres like this one.

Liz
richo
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 6:42:43 PM

Monday November 23 is when daily schedules will appear, so you've got another week yet. If you wait another week after that though the second announcement will be made so you might like to wait until then and have a fuller picture of who's playing when.
rjbyrne
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:49:55 PM

Hi people. It will be my first Bluesfest and can only afford 3 days, Is it safe to buy for Sat/Sun/Mon or am I better to wait until next week to see who plays when. I guess I am just worried about a quick sellout if the next announcement as some think.
greybeard
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:47:56 PM

rjbyrne wrote:
Hi people. It will be my first Bluesfest and can only afford 3 days, Is it safe to buy for Sat/Sun/Mon or am I better to wait until next week to see who plays when. I guess I am just worried about a quick sellout if the next announcement as some think.

It is safe to buy SSM but the hinted artist may play on any day, may play once or twice there's no way of knowing

One thought - Saturday is featured in ALL 3 day tickets
If camping ( and moneys tight so you should be) fewest sites, or rental rooms
Maybe F S S and a more leisurely drive home Monday
speculation only

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
richo
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:41:05 PM

Thursday and Friday have had some of the biggest acts on the lineup in the past.

Monday generally has THE headline (presumably this mystery act or Crowded House in 2010), but other than that it's anyone's guess as to when band will play.
zyfert
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 7:20:59 PM

rjbyrne wrote:

I don't think that you should have any concerns about the festival selling out so soon.
Wait until the 2nd announcement and then make up your mind.