Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Posts on Bluesfest Forum Options
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2017 9:51:30 PM
Groups: Administration

The team at Bluesfest would like to thank the vast majority of posters, who post informative and interesting posts.
We look forward to seeing more of them.
We have removed a couple of topics because we think they have gone too far.
Bluesfest is not a whipping post for people to attempt to negatively attack our hard work.
If you feel you have a genuine issue, we suggest you contact our office in an attempt to get it Addressed and solved.
We thank you for showing respect toward the staff and management of the company.
Who work so hard to bring you an outstanding event
Thanks
On behalf of Bluesfest, and our team
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2017 10:10:21 PM
Groups: Member

Well Done Moderator.
One thread was on the same topic as an existing thread.
The other thread was started by a troll with the intention of being inflammatory.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
waffles
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2017 10:07:35 AM

some of the safety issues were not attacking bluesfest,but trying to show concern for the festival we love.
all this will be forgotten in a couple of months.
hopefully some of the advice has been taken on board.
will we ever know?

un fortunatelyI see letters in the local papers on this issue,which taints the BF image to the general public.
I think some sort of reply would be helpful,especially after the bad publicity the falls festival got.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
euansplace0000
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 1:31:12 PM

I get annoyed just reading about the negative posts.

Why do people feel a need to whinge, or bring down something that is monumental and really important to the people who really love music in Australia.

I have said it before, but we would not have the benefit of 85 artists coming to Australia for a concentrated magical week if it wasn't for the festival organisers. I have done a bit of this on a local community basis and even that wasn't easy, let alone something on the scale of Bluesfest.

For an event like this to go on for 28 years it has to be good for the punters as well as the performers and the proof of that is that the performers return.....and the punters return

I used to work for a radio station that was strictly for musos - only rule was that no artist except for the Beatles could be played more than once in a day. It was a fun station to work at because you could gat ACDC followed by Frank Sinatra, followed by Joan Baez, Buddy Guy and then Hermans hermits or the Rolling Stones. The call would be "if you don't like this song, you'll like the next one, and if that isn't true for you, you know where the tuning dial is".

With 5 tents going at the same time people who don't like what they are watching should go looking in the other tents, and if they don't like the festival - don't come.

As for me and the people who came with me? We had a fantastic week full of lifetime memories and we all thought that the organisers did a "bloody good job" so let's hear it for the team:
Hip Hi Hooray!

bucetti1
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 3:36:17 PM

I am not going to claim being angelic in all my posts,however i do want to say that i will support Mr Noble and his staff for the incredible job they do in putting bluesfest together.
I thoroughly enjoyed this year's festival . I've attended nearly all .
I will continue to attend every year for as long as i am breathing.
The value for money for pre early bird tickets is unbeatable.

When they go low-we go high.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 4:10:34 PM

euansplace0000 wrote:
I get annoyed just reading about the negative posts.

Why do people feel a need to whinge, or bring down something that is monumental and really important to the people who really love music in Australia.

I have said it before, but we would not have the benefit of 85 artists coming to Australia for a concentrated magical week if it wasn't for the festival organisers. I have done a bit of this on a local community basis and even that wasn't easy, let alone something on the scale of Bluesfest.

For an event like this to go on for 28 years it has to be good for the punters as well as the performers and the proof of that is that the performers return.....and the punters return

I used to work for a radio station that was strictly for musos - only rule was that no artist except for the Beatles could be played more than once in a day. It was a fun station to work at because you could gat ACDC followed by Frank Sinatra, followed by Joan Baez, Buddy Guy and then Hermans hermits or the Rolling Stones. The call would be "if you don't like this song, you'll like the next one, and if that isn't true for you, you know where the tuning dial is".

With 5 tents going at the same time people who don't like what they are watching should go looking in the other tents, and if they don't like the festival - don't come.

As for me and the people who came with me? We had a fantastic week full of lifetime memories and we all thought that the organisers did a "bloody good job" so let's hear it for the team:
Hip Hi Hooray!

The problem is Bro that there are a miniscule number of posters who do not appreciate what they have got.
They are too well fed.
So they whinge about nothing.
But inevitably you will find that they do not last on the forum.
And if I were the Bluesfest organisors I would identify them and ban them for life from the festival.
Who needs them.
They are only a speck of dust in the enormous number of satisfied attendees.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
Flegal08
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 4:42:22 PM

Said it before and will say it again, highlight of our year is Bluesfest. Will continue to attend until we are physically unable.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 7:19:55 PM
Groups: Administration

The issue we have is that posts containing constructive criticism are regularly hi jacked by a stream of abusive negative posters, who seem to mix up their personal issues in their messaging.
We do take on board matters raised, and check them thoroughly with the departments within the company, and attempt to find out what happened,and make corrections where necessary..
This does not mean we will allow a stream of abuse, which, sadly, seems to be the Australian way for many currently, to take over on our forums.
The Bluesfest team works very hard, And with a deep pride in what we do, And they do it very, very well.
We stand behind them, And congratulate them on their achievement.
This year some of our staff lost property in the floods...one person lost a close friend, yet they still delivered, And none took even a day off work.
It is this dedication from top to bottom that makes Bluesfest what it is.
We care.....deeply
Thanks
barryjmoore
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 10:02:01 AM

Thank you to Bluesfest Admin and fellow posters for your words of wisdom.

I know from personal experience that it's far too easy to get caught up in the moment and lose sight of the bigger picture that is Bluesfest. For example, even though it was frustrating at the time, it hasn't made one iota of difference to my life that there were sound problems affecting the performance of the Miles Electric Band on the Thursday night. And so it goes with many of the other issues eg RFID refund delays, people wearing hats in the tents, the smell from the toilets near Delta, people talking during the performances,the size of the crowd at Crossroads on Sunday night etc etc. There's a world of difference between a post or comment raising one of these issues for discussion and an attack on the Bluesfest volunteers, staff and management. And even worse a recent personal attack by a person posting on this forum on Peter Noble about delays in RFID refund delays.

And to keep things in perspective my experience of both Bluesfest and the Bluesfest Forum over many years has been an extremely positive one. I find that the collective knowledge and memory of Bluesfest Forum posters of music and performers from any era is truly extraordinary and perfectly complements the whole Bluesfest experience. And long may both Bluesfest and the Forum grow and prosper.