Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Suggestions for 2018 Options
regards
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 8:09:58 PM
Groups: Member

TheLoneRanger wrote:
regards wrote:
have seen all the acts that you suggested many times, and each one would go over a treat at BluesFest.
Don't worry about the self appointed cheerleader. He has alienated many people over the years.

It is pointless asking for acts which have a Zero Chance of playing Bluesfest.
I might add Adele,Ed Sheeran,Pink & Bruno Mars.
Better to live in the real world and be positive about what Bluesfest has to offer and has offered over more than 25 years.
Not all of us can afford in terms of financial affordability or work committments to travel to the other hemisphere on a regular basis as you can,if at all.

Fairly nonsensical response, but not unusual factoring in your long term history.

Why would you think the acts that were mentioned originally would have zero chance of playing BluesFest?

Perhaps you need to live in the real world.

Adele, Ed Sheeran, Pink and Bruno Mars are Superstars at the present regarding their drawing power and certainly would be well beyond BluesFest.

Sting, Peter Gabriel and Dolly should not be ruled out, factoring in the many big acts of similar ilk that we have had in the past.

I hope that I don't have to give you examples.

I love BluesFest and have been attending for over 20 years, but don't feel that I have to think everything that they do is right.

I have coerced friends from overseas and many from Aus to come along and enjoy the great event.

So I am certainly not a naysayer.

But I an many others are sick of you thinking it is your right to berate others who venture their opinion, which obviously does not agree with your own view that virtually every decision the BF people make is beyond reproach.

If you wish to continue to be a cheerleader, good luck to you. Just try to stop annoying others for no reason.

And on a another note.

Can you please attempt to give me a sensible reason as to what my travels overseas have to do with what I posted?

Because I fail to see the relevance at all.

Sorry to hear that you cant get away, as I am lucky enough to do.

But that is not my problem.

regards
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 8:34:00 PM

valkrie wrote:
I would love to see some more bands from New Orleans especially ‘Bonerama’ being named after their trombone (bone) playing. They are high energy and would get a good response from the crowd. They have a new album out now called ‘Hot Like Fire’.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TNExHLED1QY

Bonerama are great and would go over a treat down here.

Some friends of mine are close with a couple of the guys and they are good people.

I am very surprised that we have not got to see them.

I really like Dumpstaphunk but am surprised we are getting them back again so soon.

There are so many Nola based and Louisiana acts that would brain them at BluesFest and elsewhere, that we have not seen.

Including off the top of my head.

Anders Osborne, Johnny Sansone, Bruce Sunpie Barnes, Cory Henry and The Treme Funktet, Big Sams Funky Nation, Colin Lake

Honey Island Swampband, Walter Wolfman Washington, Johnathan Boogie Long, Bruce Dagriepont, Little Freddie King, Benny Turner, New Soul Finders, and so it goes.

Maybe Osborne, Fohl and Sansone would be good together and apart? As with a little bit of work we could get 3 good acts.

But I know that Johny Sansone is touring down here soon with Fiona Boyes, so that would most likely mean we are no chance to see him at BF
repete
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 9:27:28 PM

regards wrote:
valkrie wrote:
I would love to see some more bands from New Orleans especially ‘Bonerama’ being named after their trombone (bone) playing. They are high energy and would get a good response from the crowd. They have a new album out now called ‘Hot Like Fire’.

Some friends of mine are close with a couple of the guys and they are good people.

I really like Dumpstaphunk but am surprised we are getting them back again so soon.

There are so many Nola based and Louisiana acts that would brain them at BluesFest and elsewhere, that we have not seen.

Anders Osborne, Johnny Sansone, Bruce Sunpie Barnes, Cory Henry and The Treme Funktet, Big Sams Funky Nation, Colin Lake

Honey Island Swampband, Walter Wolfman Washington, Johnathan Boogie Long, Bruce Dagriepont, Little Freddie King, Benny Turner, New Soul Finders, and so it goes.

Maybe Osborne, Fohl and Sansone would be good together and apart? As with a little bit of work we could get 3 good acts.

But I know that Johny Sansone is touring down here soon with Fiona Boyes, so that would most likely mean we are no chance to see him at BF

A big yes to all, but oh man...you forgot Tab!!!!!

And then we got Kermit, Rebirth, Preservation Hall, Monk Boudreaux and Stanton Moore is doing some pretty amazing stuff in his side projects these days. Plus Mia Borders and Maggie Koerner, and I always think there's room for the radical jazz of Terence Blanchard or Nicholas Payton. Plus bluesfest has never in its long history had a cajun artist.

But that last line about Jumping Johnny Sansone touring with Fiona Boyes?? More info please!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
greybeard
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 4:36:28 AM

https://www.fionaboyes.com/tour-dates

https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=335171

Which suggests we should also wish for Voice of the Wetlands All-Stars, does it not ?

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
waffles
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 6:06:37 AM

thanks for that....looks like a sunday session at the brewery on the 7th.:d/ :d/

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
Flegal08
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 6:34:51 AM

Well it also looks like we have a field trip to Goodna in January, thanks for the heads up.
regards
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 9:02:47 PM

repete wrote:
regards wrote:
valkrie wrote:

And then we got Kermit, Rebirth, Preservation Hall, Monk Boudreaux and Stanton Moore is doing some pretty amazing stuff in his side projects these days. Plus Mia Borders and Maggie Koerner, and I always think there's room for the radical jazz of Terence Blanchard or Nicholas Payton. Plus bluesfest has never in its long history had a cajun artist.

But that last line about Jumping Johnny Sansone touring with Fiona Boyes?? More info please!

Hi Mate

I hear you, but Tab has been down here my addled brain tells me. Unless I am confusing seeing him down here, with seeing Kenny Neal?

Who would also be great to see again
repete
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 9:37:41 PM

regards wrote:
repete wrote:
regards wrote:
valkrie wrote:

Hi Mate

I hear you, but Tab has been down here my addled brain tells me. Unless I am confusing seeing him down here, with seeing Kenny Neal?

Who would also be great to see again

Kenny Neal has definitely been down here but I'm certain Tab hasn't made it yet. Kenny is certainly welcome back. I'm hoping Johnny will be going back to Louisiana and tellin' Tab to get off his ass and get down here! Omg I can't wait to see and hear him play those cajun blues again!!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
littlewillie
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2018 12:54:32 PM

Really hoping for Corb Lund to be announced shortly.

It's been too long since we've had some rollicking country blues.
jandjhill0000
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2018 5:30:22 PM

Would be great to see Joe Camellleri announced in the aussie roll out doing some of his Bakelite Radio blues pieces amongst others. One of our treasures musically with loads of depth.
mgwfall
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2018 6:14:56 PM

repete
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2018 9:34:19 PM

Just wonderful...thanks for sharing!!!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
Flegal08
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 8:26:51 AM

How good was that!!!!!
bucetti1
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 9:23:03 AM

When you're on a great horse
You have the best seat you'll ever have.
(Winston Churchill)

When they go low-we go high.
reader57
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:01:24 AM

Just saying Earth Wind & Fire don't have any dates published between March 25 and May 2.

humanracin
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 12:35:15 PM

reader57 wrote:
Just saying Earth Wind & Fire don't have any dates published between March 25 and May 2.

They would be an amazing addition!
flopearedmule0000
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 12:56:16 PM

Billy Strings
Colter Wall
Lost Bayou Ramblers
Zachary Richard
Dave Alvin (perhaps with Jimmie Dale Gilmore since they apparently have an album out together this year)
Chicano Batman
Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives
Offa Rex
Josh Ritter
Larry Campbell and Teresa Williams
Curtis Harding
valkrie
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:58:23 PM

I would love to see Earth Wind and Fire, but might not happen as they have already got Chic and Lionel Ritchie. I can live in hope though.

There is a really good funk band making their way in the UK called Brother Strut who would make a funky addition. Also Incognito from the UK would be great too, even though they just toured late 2017.

Lettuce from the US is fab with Eric Krasno on guitar and Nigel Hall on keys and vocals who just toured with Jon Cleary.

Marc Broussard from US a wonderful soul singer songwriter.

Herbie Hancock playing his Headhunters music, please.

Jarekus Singleton from US, bluesy and funky.

Justin Yap Band from Melbourne, bluesy, funky and soulful. Justin is heavily influenced by Derek Trucks. They put on a great show.

Robben Ford again.

The Marcus King band, a young man with a brilliant career ahead who has been mentored by Warren Haynes and is going to tour with Tedeschi Trucks Band on their ‘Wheels of Soul’ tour.

And Vasti Jackson, again please...
——————————————————————-

Looking for life without sorrow
Love without pain
waffles
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:07:30 PM

Marcus king is also playing with chris robinson in AS THE CROW FLIES..a part time resurrection of the black crowes. see CRB IN GENERAL DISCUSSION.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
humanracin
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 9:55:04 AM

Yes Offa Rex would be very nice