Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

RFID refund issue Options
cpbryce0000
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:10:08 PM
Groups: Member

Hi, Has anyone else had any issues with getting a refund for the RFID drinks chip.

When I applied to get my refund I tried to register my wristband but it comes up saying that it doesnt exist. It says on the website that I have to fill out a manual refund form for the refund but I cant even find the link for the manual refund form.

I emailed rfid@bluesfest.com.au on monday and have had no reply.

If anyone has any advice or is experiencing similar issue then it would be great to hear about it.

Cheers.
morebeerfordeb0000
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:19:56 PM

Hi CP,

Pretty sure there was a cut off time for registering wristbands..... Manual form would be the way to get refund if you didn't register earlier mate :)
noosa_blue150
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:25:09 AM

I'm in the same boat
Wasn't able to purchase any gin and tonic on last two days ( good one bluesfest )
There's mention of manual form to fill out in FAQ section with no link to it
I've emailed both rfid email and bluesfest email with no reply
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:03:07 AM

I await the first post from any of the three of you that comments on the 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 % of the festival that was positive.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
dherlth
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:38:57 AM

Did you try the Bluesfest app? select My RFID, on top of screen select refund, then enter your bank details. I have a degree in information technology and I must say there should have been an information kiosk to help people register especially with all of the problems on the first day and the very long lines. The RFID linked to last year's website, then it would freeze, then it was down, and iPads where prohibited, really?

It is in poor taste and very sneaky to not disclose where this manual refund is or how to proceed about obtaining a refund. It sure would be wonderful if Bluesfest Management announced that all remaining unclaimed RFID funds will be donated to charity. Flood victims would be my charity choice this year!
greybeard
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:47:47 AM

Why all this fuss, what is the problem with system used everyday like Pay-wave? I say K.I.S.S.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
sundance1030000
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:16:41 PM

The system appears to not be correctly set up to register wristbands after the event has concluded, which is not the impression that was given. The website says you can obtain a refund with a Manual Refund Form after the event but must register your wristband first. It doesnt say you must register prior to the end of day on Monday 17th.

And LoneRanger, pull your head in. People are entitled to query what appears to be a ripoff. Why would you care that they must praise the event before making a complaint? If you dont have an issue with wanting a refund on monies left on your wristband then wander off to another topic and bignote yourself there..
lyndalgoodman0000
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:18:15 PM

cpbryce0000 wrote:
Hi, Has anyone else had any issues with getting a refund for the RFID drinks chip.

When I applied to get my refund I tried to register my wristband but it comes up saying that it doesnt exist. It says on the website that I have to fill out a manual refund form for the refund but I cant even find the link for the manual refund form.

If anyone has any advice or is experiencing similar issue then it would be great to hear about it.

Cheers.

I found it (eventually!!). There should be a link to the Manual Refund Form on the website.....but there isn't. They have cleverly made it so hard to do hoping that people will just give up and not bother. I'm sure fair trading would like to know about this financial fiasco!!

You have to make a cashless account and register your tags by entering in the two sets of numbers. Then you'll see a form where you can enter your bank details. Try this....

https://bluesfest2017.pay.intellifest.com/login

Good luck!!!
sundance1030000
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:25:39 PM

lyndalgoodman0000 wrote:
cpbryce0000 wrote:

Cheers.

I found it (eventually!!). There should be a link to the Manual Refund Form on the website.....but there isn't. They have cleverly made it so hard to do hoping that people will just give up and not bother. I'm sure fair trading would like to know about this financial fiasco!!

You have to make a cashless account and register your tags by entering in the two sets of numbers. Then you'll see a form where you can enter your bank details. Try this....

https://bluesfest2017.pay.intellifest.com/login

Good luck!!!

I did try that lyndalgoodman0000 but the problem is that the system doesn't recognise my wristband numbers so I am unable to proceed to the Manual Refund Form. Same problems with my friend's wristband numbers. It doesn't recognise any of them.
sundance1030000
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:44:26 PM

I just read a post on Bluesfest Facebook page where a punter asked why she couldn't register her RFID chip to get a refund. Bluesfest response was that she call their office on 02 6685 8310. I called the number and was asked to leave my number and they will get back to me. I asked if i was one of many to query this and the CSO sheepishly replied it will be sorted out when they call me back. Yeah.....hopes aren't too high right now.
noosa_blue150
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:50:51 PM

With respect lone ranger - I don't normally post on forum a lot after 15 years
Of going to As you and others generally cover the issues
I made a post this time to point out issue over refunds as no obvious link
And was hoping just a oversight on my part

Didn't realise only positives allowed

mpember
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00:14 PM

noosa_blue150 wrote:

Negative posts are only allowed to be made by self-appointed representatives of the wider population.

For future reference, here is a list of topics which you are approved to be negative about:
- The lack of craft beer.
- The lack of artists who haven't toured in 40 years.
- The lack of 'reggae' or 'world' artists.
- The inclusion of artists deemed to be 'mainstream'.
- The limited access to marijuana inside festival grounds.
- Young people.
- Chairs.
- Jack Johnson
- Michael Franti
- Ben Harper
littlewillie
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:27:57 PM

mpember wrote:
noosa_blue150 wrote:

Negative posts are only allowed to be made by self-appointed representatives of the wider population.

For future reference, here is a list of topics which you are approved to be negative about:
- Craft beer it's crap but at least it kept a large portion of the crowd out of the music tents.
- The lack 'reggae'or 'world' artists.
- Young people.
- Chairs.
- Jack Johnson
- Michael Franti
- Ben Harper

Can I add my stamp of disapproval to the above list.

Besides these shortcomings everything else is hunky dory.
c0kebloke
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:53:37 PM

littlewillie wrote:
mpember wrote:
noosa_blue150 wrote:

- Craft beer it's crap but at least it kept a large portion of the crowd out of the music tents.
- The lack 'reggae'or 'world' artists.
- Young people.
- Chairs.
- Jack Johnson
- Michael Franti
- Ben Harper

Can I add my stamp of disapproval to the above list.

Besides these shortcomings everything else is hunky dory.

And mud ...don't forget mud!

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
waffles
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:37:42 PM

and the carpark....don't forget the carpark.
on a serious note.....exiting the carpark was great after the fest.north goes north etc.
and staggering the finish of acts worked too.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
nelson7007
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 8:04:14 AM

And nitpickers.
jdectweedie0000
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 11:14:39 AM

cpbryce0000 wrote:

Cheers.

I had this same problem, I couldn't register my wristband at the event. I rang Bluesfest today and it appears my wristband had the wrong short number printed (security number). I quoted the long number on my wristband and the operator gave me the correct security (short) number. I went to phone app to RFId and was able to register my wristband and then when I clicked on Refund the form appeared and I was able to complete electronic transfer form bank. So all appears to be working now with correct short number.
Phone number to ring is 02 6685 8310
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 6:55:40 AM

sundance1030000 wrote:
. And LoneRanger, pull your head in. People are entitled to query what appears to be a ripoff. Why would you care that they must praise the event before making a complaint? If you dont have an issue with wanting a refund on monies left on your wristband then wander off to another topic and bignote yourself there..

I refuse to join the cult which requires that you have 0000 after your identity.
So how much did you get ripped off ?
Early bird tickets have risen in price from 2016.
And so they should.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
littlewillie
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:25:36 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
sundance1030000 wrote:
. And LoneRanger, pull your head in. People are entitled to query what appears to be a ripoff. Why would you care that they must praise the event before making a complaint? If you dont have an issue with wanting a refund on monies left on your wristband then wander off to another topic and bignote yourself there..

I refuse to join the cult which requires that you have 0000 after your identity.
So how much did you get ripped off ?
Early bird tickets have risen in price from 2016.
And so they should.

Ranger , you don't drink alcohol and hence have no knowledge of the topic being discussed, so maybe keep your opinions to something you do know about.
cpbryce0000
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 11:34:16 AM

Thanks for all the help everyone. I will try calling the number during office hours. fingers crossed it works.