Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Hats Options
bonddm20020000
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 12:45:59 PM
Groups: Member

Take 'em off when you're in the tents, ya narcissistic nuffies!
bucetti1
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:13:26 PM

The hats i can live with.
It's the idiots illegally recording the shows i can't stomach.

When they go low-we go high.
mgwfall
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:48:36 PM

bonddm20020000 wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Announcement before each set asking people to take their hats off would probably solve it.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 10:15:35 AM

Especially the hats with wide brims worn by those of my height or taller.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
bucetti1
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 10:36:07 AM

I've had nothing but complimentary comments made about my trilby.
1st world issue in my opinion.

bucetti1
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 7:10:13 PM

Ok
Im in the santana madness.
I agree with ranger,hats on tall people are annoying and completely unnecessary.

mgwfall
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:19:25 PM

Not just hats off on tall people, all people. A short person to some people is a tall person to someone else!

Good starting point with the increasing problem of hat wearing in tents would be to not have hat vendors on site. Turns the hat into a fashion accessory purchased & therefore to be worn as much as possible all weekend.

Add a hat to the list of essential things to bring with maybe a suggestion like "bring an old hat to wear outside in the afternoon to keep to sun out & then it can be put in your back pocket or bag when you go into the tents".
mpember
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 12:04:54 AM

mgwfall wrote:
Add a hat to the list of essential things to bring with maybe a suggestion like "bring an old hat to wear outside in the afternoon to keep to sun out & then it can be put in your back pocket or bag when you go into the tents".

Unfortunately, those of us who fall into the 'ranga' category are more likely to be in possession of a hat which isn't going to fit in any back pocket. And it turns out that baldness does not reduce the other 'super powers' of being a 'ranga'. And if you encourage more people to bring backpacks, that just increases the risk of idiots hitting the people behind them with their fashion accessories.
c0kebloke
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 5:19:15 AM

I'm such a short rs I could wear a dr Seuss hat & people could still see over me but if I wear one I'm kinda in the habit of taking it of as I get comfy.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
waffles
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 8:35:21 AM

i did not wear a hat on sunday and guess what...I got sunburnt! just hope the doc does not pick it up when I go for skin cancer check up today.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
Styx1954
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 9:38:29 AM

Hats are an issue. It could easily be dealt with by a polite request for the removal of headdress before each set. Hats are not so much an issue early in the day when there is room to move and relocate but once the numbers build up it can be irritating when Someone plonks themselves down on a seat in front of you or when you are up the front and someone squeezes into a space in. Front of you and in both cases you have no where to move. When you are under the marquees there is no need to wear a hat. Oh for the days when it was considered polite to remove one's hat when indoors.
euansplace0000
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 1:41:32 PM

Interesting debate.

I am a ginga and my doctor told me that I have had my lifetime supply of sun (it's a bit stronger here in NZ because of the diminished Ozone) so I wear a hat whenever I am outside. I did buy a good hat at one of the stalls but I felt I should not wear it at the actual festival. I also bout5 a cap (from the merchandise shop) and wore that during the festival. I didn't feel that that added any height so it would not impeded anybody's view.
Thoughts on caps?
Flegal08
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 4:44:31 PM

I also wear a cap as we start out day at 11am, however I appreciated that people like to wear an assortment of hats, but please not 3 foot high vegetables or fruit, and leave the Indian headdresses to Native Americans.
Flegal08
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 4:44:31 PM

I also wear a cap as we start out day at 11am, however I appreciated that people like to wear an assortment of hats, but please not 3 foot high vegetables or fruit, and leave the Indian headdresses to Native Americans.
bonddm20020000
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 5:37:53 PM

When I was watching Booker T. on the last day, the lanky hipster in front of me reached into his bag and pulled out an akubra type hat about halfway through the gig. The time would've been about 7.30pm!
waffles
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 6:22:15 PM

http://wiki.cancer.org.au/skincancerstats/Skin_cancer_incidence_and_mortality

with a lot of Australians of English/irish decent,there is a lot of fair skin that is prone to sunburn.
add to this the receding hairlines that come with age.
add to this the northern rivers has more cases of melanomas found than anywhere else in Australia.
add to this that Australia has more cases of skin cancer than most countries in the world.
Shame on you
end of story.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
mgwfall
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 9:12:08 PM

euansplace0000 wrote:
Interesting debate.

I am a ginga and my doctor told me that I have had my lifetime supply of sun (it's a bit stronger here in NZ because of the diminished Ozone) so I wear a hat whenever I am outside. I did buy a good hat at one of the stalls but I felt I should not wear it at the actual festival. I also bout5 a cap (from the merchandise shop) and wore that during the festival. I didn't feel that that added any height so it would not impeded anybody's view.
Thoughts on caps?

Thanks for consideration.

Re your question on caps, yes, they still cause a problem. Many people rely on looking between heads, over shoulders to see the stage, so it's not just the height of headwear, it's hat brims & cap peaks that fill this space that also blocks the view.

Yes, a cap/hat is needed when outside the tents in the afternoons, but not inside the tents.
mgwfall
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 9:15:03 PM

waffles wrote:

with a lot of Australians of English/irish decent,there is a lot of fair skin that is prone to sunburn.
add to this the northern rivers has more cases of melanomas found than anywhere else in Australia.
add to this that Australia has more cases of skin cancer than most countries in the world.
Shame on you
end of story.

The issue is wearing hats inside the tents, not outside. No sun inside the tents, safe to take them off.
bonddm20020000
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 9:19:25 PM

mgwfall wrote:
waffles wrote:

Shame on you
end of story.

The issue is wearing hats inside the tents, not outside. No sun inside the tents, safe to take them off.

For those still concerned, there's this new invention called sunblock!
Blues3
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 1:35:45 PM

Applause
bonddm20020000 wrote:
I TOTALLY AGREE.... LEAVE THE HATS OFF!!!! I HAD A HEADACHE TRYING TO SEE AND CRANE MY NECK ABOVE THE TALL PEOPLE WEARING THEM.... SO RUDE!