Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Security guards Options
steveakers
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:22:55 PM
Groups: Member

This is my seventeenth bluesfest and I have never before been assualted at the entrance gate by security. Apparently the procedure now is to present your wristband for scanning, which I did. Mine didn't scan so the monkey on the gate grasped my forearm and twisted it to present it to the scanner again. Bluesfest admin could you please advise these monkeys if a wristband does not scan the first time then their first option is to politely stop the punter and request they present the wristband again? If one of these animals grasps my arm again without speaking to me first I will be pressing assault charges.
barryjmoore
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 9:16:09 AM

There does appear to be an increased security and police presence this year. Yesterday afternoon while I was waiting in the queue for the North gate to open, someone pointed out the razor wire on the top of the fence this year. Someone else in the queue told me she'd heard it was there because some people had managed to get in by climbing over the fence last year. On a personal note I had no issues with security yesterday and found all the volunteers and staff to be friendly and courteous.
bambambam
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 10:21:02 AM

barryjmoore wrote:
Someone pointed out the razor wire on the top of the fence this year.

Over the years I've seen so many teens slide through that gap where the razor wire is now.
Mostly twelve to fifteen years olds, probably locals, they are so fast, like lightning.
Hope they don't try it this year because razor wire is dangerous stuff.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 7:34:02 AM

There is less security this year.No bag checks & I congratulated the police on Thurs for being 100 % transparent in having the friendly pooch outside the banding desks.
Can't be fairer than that.I found all staff to be very friendly & not in any way official.Very relaxed Bluesfest.no problems with pushy punters or drunks.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
richo
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 9:56:35 PM

Less security? Just not true lol...

One example of many over the weekend... Just yesterday witnessed the entire southern entry gates locked down because someone had the audacity to bring in a packet of Doritos.

"No commercial products allowed" said the security guard.

Never seen such ridiculous security procedures in my life. 100% commercial motivation, 0% safety or security.
lyndalgoodman0000
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:32:54 PM

Watched Santana from fixed seating area when this young thing jumped up on the seat in front of me and started dancing. Rather than tell her to get down (cos I woulda been told to F off) I waited for security to shine a torch on her or come and tell her to get back down. Where was security? Watching Santana!! Good thing that girl didn't end up in my lap which is what I thought was going to happen!!! Shame on you
bambambam
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:47:13 PM

The big young security guard on the north camping gate was a classic friendly guy.
First day he was all serious (show me both wristbands) but as the day's wore on he got more and more "chill".
By the end of it he was playing frisbee, dancing, texting, nodding off occasionally, but still doing his job well.

And also the guy on the last gate as you exit the camping area was always super happy in his little van.
He shook my hand as we left and said "come back next year" just a great guy.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
c0kebloke
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:11:58 PM

bambambam wrote:
The big young security guard on the north camping gate was a classic friendly guy.
First day he was all serious (show me both wristbands) but as the day's wore on he got more and more "chill".
By the end of it he was playing frisbee, dancing, texting, nodding off occasionally, but still doing his job well.

And also the guy on the last gate as you exit the camping area was always super happy in his little van.
He shook my hand as we left and said "come back next year" just a great guy.

I'm with you Bam.
Only time I saw security interact with others was upbeat.
I left the north gate each night & on one occasion the guy said"go through mate.
After I went past he Told me to "put ya foot down!" Do a burnout!run em down! All the time giggling .

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
arbee0
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:14:49 PM

bambambam wrote:

Yeah, endorse everything u say about ¨north-gate dude¨ and - in the hope his employers aren´t reading this - just add I´m not entirely sure just what it was he was smoking one night when I slipped in and out late ;)

Overall I felt that the Police in particular, and most of the security staff, were just great and (I never thought I´d say this) fitted in with the festival vibe better than their counterparts at the last Woodford festival did!
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:10:30 AM

The big security guard at the North Gate mentioned to a shirtless guy that he should put a shirt on.
I echoed that advice.
Staying at the hostel with us was a guy who had skin cancer on his face.
Too much sun in a climate that light skinned people are not bred for.
Resulted in twisted face,distorted eyes,loss of an ear,& need to wear a hat all the time to cover up.
Next time in,the guard reached over as we walked past each other & shook my hand.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
c0kebloke
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:11:59 AM

The most casual security guard ever!

https://youtu.be/KA4jJqAw7IM

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
littlewillie
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:43:26 PM

Yep have to agree about the great staff at the north gate.