Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Solo but Keen Blues Fest First Timer.. Solo Team ups or Fest Veterans friendly drink Options
chriskelly700000
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:54:40 AM
Groups: Member

Hey people.

My names Chris. I'm a 29 year old Irish guy, living in Darwin.

I am a Blues Fest first-timer and am making the trip down from Darwin to check out the festival from Friday through to Sunday.
It's probably a long shot but is there anyone/groups leaving from Brisbane to Byron on Friday that are attending the gig also?
It would be awesome if I could hitch a lift. I think it would be an exciting way of gearing up for the weekend with people who will share the same enthusiasm ( I could chip in for fuel ).

So, if I do not get my ride from Brisbane. I will just grab a bus there instead.

I've decided that I will be camping to feel a little more festivalesque, rather than staying in town. Less time commuting too. Especailly after my trip down from the Territory. I am sure the majority of music lovers attending the festival will be friendly, polite and courteous.

But I would be interested in meeting maybe some other solo fest goers or whoever's keen for a friendly drink throughout the weekend.

Well, thanks for reading and have an unforgettable time at the festival.

Chris

barryjmoore
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:40:58 PM

Hi Chris

I can't help you with a ride because I'm driving from Brisbane to Bluesfest on Thursday. But if you haven't already organised a ride you might want to post this request on the Bluesfest Facebook page as a visitor's post. I'm sure there'll be people driving down from Brisbane on Friday who use Facebook rather than the Bluesfest Forum. You could also post this request on the Facebook page of the Blues Association of South East Queensland (BASEQ) which is based in Brisbane.

Hope it all works out for you and have a great time at Bluesfest.

Barry
claud22x0000
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:06:59 AM

hey Chris welcome mate,sure im a regular vollunteer ill be there all 5 days ill pm u a number and happy to share some tips for best acts to catch claud
claud22x0000
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:08:35 AM

hey Chris welcome mate,sure im a regular vollunteer ill be there all 5 days ill pm u a number and happy to share some tips for best acts to catch claud
chriskelly700000
Posted: Sunday, April 9, 2017 6:26:00 AM

Cheers Baz and Claud.