From other boards Options
greybeard
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 11:13:46 AM

Groups: Member

King Snake Blues

Quote:

Postby 601blues
» Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:57 pm
There is a reason they are called king!! they don't take crap from any snake, they eat em. Yes Rattlers,copperheads etc. so they are good to keep round, Ive always been facinated with them, This one was in the chickin house Last weekend and when I came in he wanted to fight!! caused me to crap my pants, scream like a High School girl!! I went and got my mossburg!! and now he is on my guitar case!!! crawlin king snake!! he was over 6' before the mossburg deleted some and I still had to cut it down to mount it on my case

I think a Mossberg is a shotgun.
The writer goes on to detail how to tan the skin
Quote:
actually its a very simple process, I cut down the middle of the belly scales with a pair of sissors, take the tumbs and seperate the skin toward the back head to tail it comes free very easy, Now lay skin on a flat wood board, and smooth out it will stick to the wood its self I used a staple gun to hold edges down, Then I oiled the skin with olive oil and let stay out in the sun all day monday and put the skin inside the shop for monday night, web site said 8-10hrs is all that is needed to dry. one site says to use tanning oil with some alchol and formylde, mix, but another said just to use olive oil. Then this morning I used a rag to wipe off oil, and a wir brush to remove the husk, which is a scale covering that looks like pop corn husk, then I used contact cement to attack to case, now I may coat with a satin varnish

and further adds
Quote:
well I was not gonna share that part, But since ya asked!! as I was cleaning him, Keep in mind The mossberg had already removed about 6" of him includin his head, now most creatures would not have any life in them at all, However I was usin the sissors to cut the belly open, The end of the Body where once was a head was still tryin to strike at me!! was freakin me out!! then about 4" from where the head had been their was his heart, about the size of a quarter, still beating!!!!! This was so surreal!! so I plucked the heart and swallowed it down like an oyster!!

Don't think I want to come back as no snake.
Anyone got anything of interest to share here over winter?

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
c0kebloke
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 3:55:36 AM
Groups: Guest

This guitar would go well with that case.

Some other bizarre musical instruments http://www.euphoria-magazine.com/music-world/173-cool-and-strange-music-instruments
waffles
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 6:25:40 PM
Groups: Member

took the magazine link. he he what a weird and wonderful world we live in.i can see a few hours spent cruising that site.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2009 12:33:16 AM
Groups: Guest

waffles wrote:
took the magazine link. he he what a weird and wonderful world we live in.i can see a few hours spent cruising that site.

some more you may like-links from the same site but worth a look
http://www.2leep.com/news/17/80/0/1/

http://oddee.com/