Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Shuttle Options
euansplace0000
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:32:44 AM

Groups: Member

I will be 64 when I come to the 2017 Bluesfest as a first timer with my wife who is coming just because I'm coming.
Don't know if she will enjoy it or not so my question is this:
If she has had enough and wants to catch a shuttle back to Byron Bay, how does it work?
ie How often do the shuttles go and how much do they cost? Can you get something like a 10 trip ticket?
We are staying in town so is it easier for both of us to catch a shuttle there and back or easier to bring the car from town?
Thanks for your help.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2016 10:01:33 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,
Blanch's busses run a shuttle.
It is pretty much non stop.
Please check their website for more information closer to the
Festival.
Regards
pod2006
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2016 6:08:49 AM

The shuttle can be crowded at peak times- especially Thursday or Friday mid afternoon when people need to get there to collect their tickets into BF and be wrist banded for the festival duration. Otherwise I have never had longer than a 15" wait; sometimes shorter. in recent years- a bit like the pelicans that follow a fishing boat into a port- there are maxi cabs and vans that trawl the route and collect many punters waiting for the shuttle. They charge the same as the shuttle generally- market forces. Prices have been $5 each way. Coming back into town at odd times is not uncommon and the waiting areas are well lit. The buses and bus queues have sometimes been more convivial and amusing than the day- with some pleasant characters and impromptu sing alongs. The vibe starts as you get on the bus and morph into part of the crowd. Over the years, they have got it wrong, and there have been too long waits at the peak time at the end of night, but in recent years- with better management (pre buying your ticket before you get on the bus; better signed queues; staggering different closing acts; or strategic exits to avoid queues or from sheer exhaustion) it seems to take less than an hour from last note sung to kicking off the boots at home base in Byron. It is not unlike the easter show- without the woodchopping.
greybeard
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2016 10:31:22 AM

The second part of your question remains unanswered
I have lately stayed on site to avoided the queue
Before when the fest was at Red Devil Park always bused
Have seen some complaints of an hour stuck in the car park, not sure if that was normal or
extraordinary, leaving early may solve that, and it will limit the drivers drinking experience if that is a consideration.
But day parking is plentiful and I think free

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
robaaa1
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:11:21 AM

Parking is free and plentiful if you stay until the very end getting out varies from slow to abysmal.