Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Living End review Options
spanner1
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2016 10:52:41 AM
Groups: Member

Saw the Living End for the second time in 6 months at the Tivoli in Brisvegas on Friday night. They are simply the toughest and best band in OZ presently and deserve a near headline spot at Bluesfest next year. I have been following all bands in OZ for the past 50 years and there are no bands past or present that compare to the End. Chris Cheney is one of the premier guitarists in the country and is backed by the best rhythm section in the land. They drove a sold out crowd of about a 1000 into a frenzy. The excitement was palpable, pulsating and pugilistic. I got caught down the front in what turned out to be a pretty full on mosh pit replete with crowd surging, slamming and surfing. Visually and aurally it was one of the most exciting gigs in memory. They are touring their new album with Brisbane and Sydney this weekend and then to Perth ,Melbourne and Adelaide. If you are lucky enough to secure a ticket to this amazing gig do not miss it. Peter they would absolutely go off at Bluesfest and I would love to see them open like Cold Chisel did a few years ago. Please confirm them for next year as they are too good not to have there. PS. Peter check out a local boy Mitch King from Mount Tambourine who blew them away at Broadbeach for the second year in a row. He too would be a sensation at BF next year..

on on
Spanner