Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Record tent Options
steveakers
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 3:15:29 PM
Groups: Member

Great to see the return of some sort of record tent. I used to buy ten to twenty albums there and get a few signed. Last year i lined up to meet Ranking Roger from The Beat, shook his hand and told him I'd been waiting thirty years to see them. No record tent so no albums to sign. They were just signing programs, shaking hands and meeting fans. Next day they lined up after their set and did it all again. Bring back the record tent bigger and better next year.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:07:03 PM

steveakers wrote:
Great to see the return of some sort of record tent. I used to buy ten to twenty albums there and get a few signed. Last year i lined up to meet Ranking Roger from The Beat, shook his hand and told him I'd been waiting thirty years to see them. No record tent so no albums to sign. They were just signing programs, shaking hands and meeting fans. Next day they lined up after their set and did it all again. Bring back the record tent bigger and better next year.

I bought my three Beat album covers over to get signed.
Had them for over 30 years.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
steveakers
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 8:04:18 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
steveakers wrote:

I bought my three Beat album covers over to get signed.
Had them for over 30 years.

Good thinking 99. I discovered The Beat as a teenager when Pete Townshend covered "save it for later" on a live album. Bought a couple of albums on the strength of that and was hooked. Fascinating to see some of the same names turn up again and again in Fine Young Cannibals, Big Audio Dynamite etc.