Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

i give up Options
spanner1
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 4:34:03 PM
Groups: Member

After about twenty festivals and many years under different guises on this bb I am conceding to the moderator who has banned my last two posts. I wished all well for this festival and hoped to catch up with many of you there. I believe the moderator is driving people away from this board and the festival. Care for a rational debate moderator or just delete me as usual.For the record I am a passionate supporter of live music and this festival for over two decades now.
on on
spanner
moc2034
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 4:39:12 PM

Just keep posting spanner!!
sincapation
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 4:45:53 PM

Wait! Wait! Who is TCB? Where is Hat Fitz? We need answers!
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 5:05:13 PM
Groups: Administration

If you constantly troll or post off subject or continually criticisethe people who give you an opportunity to post, your posts will be deleted.
If you post abuse, your post will be deleted and a suspension will occur.
The rules are simple.
Most posters do not have their posts deleted.
Those who break the rules will continue to have their posts deleted.
Thanks
mpember
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 7:27:21 PM

sincapation wrote:
Wait! Wait! Who is TCB?

Do you mean TBC? I think that means Tickets Being Counted and is a spot reserved for any touring artists who cancel their side shows. Think

spanner1 wrote:
After about twenty festivals and many years under different guises on this bb

Be careful making statements like that. You need to provide a stat. dec. witnessed by a member of your state's judiciary to verify such a claim.

spanner1 wrote:
I believe the moderator is driving people away from this board and the festival.

While I may not agree with all of the actions taken by the mods, I can understand their position. The board has devolved in the last couple of years. Where once it was an open forum for discussion of topics that would result in positive changes (e.g. chairs and smoking), posters started to treat is as a bat-phone (or megaphone) for having their opinion heard. In contrast to the light-handed approach seen in early years, some posters appear to have opted to take on the role of vigilante-style defenders of the festival (e.g. the personal attacks directed at a parent who dared to complain about the long wait to get out of the car park on some nights of the 2015 event).

spanner1 wrote:
Care for a rational debate moderator

I'm not sure that there is much left to be said. Just look at the most active threads in the last week. One appears to be a discussion being had between multiple 'identities' operated by the same poster.

It may be decided by the bottom line. With the (I presume still weekly) emails and the Facebook page, BF may have decided that one-way communication is enough to maintain interest in the festival. Maybe the 2016 app (is there one yet?) has a feedback form. Maybe buying the app will be the most efficient way of putting in your 2c.

Maybe a revised Rhythms magazine website will contain a forum for discussion of music..... Pray

Or maybe the remaining posters will move over to a sub-Reddit. You had better get in quick, /r/bluesfest has already been taken by Ottawa Blues Fest
skot20_58
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 7:41:13 PM

The reddit idea is good. Good wholesome evolutionary convosation.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
moc2034
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 9:00:06 PM

mpember wrote:
sincapation wrote:
Wait! Wait! Who is TCB?

Do you mean TBC? I think that means Tickets Being Counted and is a spot reserved for any touring artists who cancel their side shows. Think

spanner1 wrote:
After about twenty festivals and many years under different guises on this bb

Be careful making statements like that. You need to provide a stat. dec. witnessed by a member of your state's judiciary to verify such a claim.

spanner1 wrote:
I believe the moderator is driving people away from this board and the festival.

While I may not agree with all of the actions taken by the mods, I can understand their position. The board has devolved in the last couple of years. Where once it was an open forum for discussion of topics that would result in positive changes (e.g. chairs and smoking), posters started to treat is as a bat-phone (or megaphone) for having their opinion heard. In contrast to the light-handed approach seen in early years, some posters appear to have opted to take on the role of vigilante-style defenders of the festival (e.g. the personal attacks directed at a parent who dared to complain about the long wait to get out of the car park on some nights of the 2015 event).

spanner1 wrote:
Care for a rational debate moderator

I'm not sure that there is much left to be said. Just look at the most active threads in the last week. One appears to be a discussion being had between multiple 'identities' operated by the same poster.

It may be decided by the bottom line. With the (I presume still weekly) emails and the Facebook page, BF may have decided that one-way communication is enough to maintain interest in the festival. Maybe the 2016 app (is there one yet?) has a feedback form. Maybe buying the app will be the most efficient way of putting in your 2c.

Maybe a revised Rhythms magazine website will contain a forum for discussion of music..... Pray

Or maybe the remaining posters will move over to a sub-Reddit. You had better get in quick, /r/bluesfest has already been taken by Ottawa Blues Fest

Have you ever posted on the music mate? The way I see it the Mod has shut down conversation based on your trolling!
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 9:28:45 PM

mpember wrote:
Some posters appear to have opted to take on the role of vigilante-style defenders of the festival.

Yes there are some posters who see Bluesfest as a positive influence in their life.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 9:49:55 PM

moc2034 wrote:
[quote=mpember]
Have you ever posted on the music mate?

Not about musicans playing at Bluesfest but there was that one post about driving up to see a band in Sydney.
The band name had something about metal in it.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
mpember
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 11:23:22 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:

I wouldn't call Hugh Laurie a 'metal' act. But if that's how you class it, we will have to agree to disagree.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 11:44:36 PM

sincapation wrote:
Wait! Wait! Where is Hat Fitz?

Where is Itchy ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyGwgVHoBV0
We will never forget them.
It is about time someone else commented on this clip.

eileenk9
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 8:38:06 AM

spanner1 wrote:
After about twenty festivals and many years under different guises on this bb I am conceding to the moderator who has banned my last two posts. I wished all well for this festival and hoped to catch up with many of you there. I believe the moderator is driving people away from this board and the festival. Care for a rational debate moderator or just delete me as usual.For the record I am a passionate supporter of live music and this festival for over two decades now.
on on
spanner

I've had so many of my posts deleted over the years, it's getting ridiculous.

d'oh!

gertyson0000
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 8:40:49 AM

mpember wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

I wouldn't call Hugh Laurie a 'metal' act. But if that's how you class it, we will have to agree to disagree.

Hugh Laurie... Some privileged white actor putting on a cultural show for wannabe snobs... Wasn't he the prince from Blackadder .. Joke shop stuff.
eileenk9
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 8:42:17 AM

gertyson0000 wrote:
mpember wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Hugh Laurie... Some privileged white actor putting on a cultural show for wannabe snobs... Wasn't he the prince from Blackadder .. Joke shop stuff.

He'll always be Dr Gregory House to me

mpember
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 9:23:56 AM

gertyson0000 wrote:

Have you actually heard either of Laurie's albums or watched the doco?

Do you think the same of Steve Martin?

Either way, the great thing about music is that everyone's tastes are different. The people on opposing sides of the debate over the inclusion of a 'rapper' at this year's event were probably on a common side of the discussion about Jack Johnson, but may have taken different sides on Ben Harper or Franti. I've been less likely to even read the discussions about which artists should / shouldn't be at BF because the 'discussions' in the last couple of years have been more polarising than they used to be. The forum has become more like a personal blog for some users and dissenting views have been readily attacked.
gertyson0000
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 9:44:10 AM

bluesfestadmin
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 10:11:04 AM
Groups: Administration

Wow. A spirited conversation about MUSIC taste. Please, please don't stop.
So pleased to see this?
mpember
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 10:51:21 AM

gertyson0000 wrote:
I LOVE Steve Martin

I'm glad you are able to look past the fact that he is a white actor with a background in comedy. In case you missed it, he picked up a Grammy a couple of years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gNuj8UkyC4

bluesfestadmin wrote:
A spirited conversation about MUSIC taste.

Sorry. I'm sure we will return to regular programming after the break.
Flegal08
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 11:36:06 AM

The one thing I have learnt over the years, is that I can't see all of people or bands that are at Bluesfest.
I have enough trouble getting to see the ones I want to see without worrying too much about the ones that even on my radar.

unclerumple
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 9:08:00 PM

How come no one has noticed that The Moderator and Mr Noble are never seen in the same room together?

And how come nobody has commented on JD McPherson's great show in Brisbane on Thursday?

http://youtu.be/-QGE2xjhEY0