Jon Cleary

Congratulations all

This concludes part one of the Grammy Awards, the 'roots' part
The televised part starts in a couple of hours time
Thanks
BC1987
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:04:15 AM
Groups: Member

so pleased to see Jason isbell win his awards, something more than free was my favourite album of 2015 so I am pleased to see he won. also nice to see buddy guy & mavis staples pick up awards... hopefully we will see them both one more time in Byron bay but who knows. looking forward to the televised part for the performance by Jackson browne & the eagles.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 11:16:31 AM
Groups: Administration

So far
Kendrick Lamar. 4 Grammys out of 4 nominations. 7 nominations to go.
Halfway to michael Jacksons record 8 wins for Thriller

D'Angelo. 2 Grammys out of 2. 1 more nomination to go
That's 8 all up so far

A record year for Bluesfest artists performing
gertyson0000
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 11:17:47 AM

Kendrix Lamar looks to be making a clean sweep - Australia doesn't really accept rap as a serious form of music like the rest of the world - I think the Grammys got it wrong Dangelos album is the best album in the last 10 years in any genre and that's being conservative - today's the day when music becomes a sport ... Winners and losers - real artists don't care about awards. Look at chuck Norris he never won an Oscar - but that won't stop him from becoming president one day
eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:48:46 PM

gertyson0000 wrote:
Kendrix Lamar looks to be making a clean sweep - Australia doesn't really accept rap as a serious form of music like the rest of the world - I think the Grammys got it wrong Dangelos album is the best album in the last 10 years in any genre and that's being conservative - today's the day when music becomes a sport ... Winners and losers - real artists don't care about awards. Look at chuck Norris he never won an Oscar - but that won't stop him from becoming president one day

Just watched Kendrick's performance on the Grammys. Seemed to be rap mixed with some jazz?

I liked the dancing ....
gertyson0000
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:11:42 PM

Hes great, its a really jazzy funk album not scratching and computer stuff. I cant wait to see him in 3 weeks time on the thursday night. I'll need a good chrio come tuesday morning...
eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:21:17 PM

gertyson0000 wrote:
Hes great, its a really jazzy funk album not scratching and computer stuff. I cant wait to see him in 3 weeks time on the thursday night. I'll need a good chrio come tuesday morning...

Not my thing and never will be.

Enjoy it though if that's your thing
gertyson0000
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:43:24 PM

He's certainly evolved. However his performance would have had an impact if he won the actual best album or song Grammy - they hedged their bets got him to put his heart into this performance then gave the big awards to the coporate sell out pop act radio friendly non offensive kindergarten singalong shite.....
unclerumple
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2016 7:32:42 PM

regards
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2016 10:16:02 PM

gertyson0000
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:06:32 AM

I saw a post where some guy said we should have our own awards - was deleted not sure why - 4 weeks away and there is no traffic on this forum or is it all being deleted by admin / tried to catch a bit of banter on Facebook - nothing going on there absolutely nothing
bambambam
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:40:13 AM

gertyson0000 wrote:
I saw a post where some guy said we should have our own awards - was deleted not sure why - 4 weeks away and there is no traffic on this forum or is it all being deleted by admin / tried to catch a bit of banter on Facebook - nothing going on there absolutely nothing

I have noticed that we are not talking as much as in previous years.
I think its just us forum members having a bit of a lay year.
Perhaps the quality of the artists this year is so "high" that we have nothing to complain about.

Anyway, I have noticed it too.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
gertyson0000
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 8:51:20 AM

true.. but im not so sure if we were having a whinge how long the posts would stay up. .

Excellent line up. trying to figure out who my afternoon acts will be..
regards
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:57:31 PM

bambambam wrote:
gertyson0000 wrote:

Perhaps the quality of the artists this year is so "high" that we have nothing to complain about.

I have been busy by my miserable standards and not posting much.

But unrequired censorship, by removing diverse or differing opinions, to those of the powers that be.

Probably has resulted in people not bothering to put forward valid and fact checked information, and also their own 2 bobs worth.

Because they think they may be removed, if they don't follow the party line, so to speak.

Which is indeed unfortunate. I look forward to seeing some peoples thoughts returning.
mccin0000
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:35:37 PM

regards wrote:
bambambam wrote:
gertyson0000 wrote:

I have been busy by my miserable standards and not posting much.

But unrequired censorship, by removing diverse or differing opinions, to those of the powers that be.

Probably has resulted in people not bothering to put forward valid and fact checked information, and also their own 2 bobs worth.

Because they think they may be removed, if they don't follow the party line, so to speak.

Which is indeed unfortunate. I look forward to seeing some peoples thoughts returning.

I give this post 5 hours to live.. New rules no expressions of individuality . Music festival forums are not the place for such outbursts of opinion!! True but this is why the forum has died
deapeasea0000
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:41:33 PM

is eileenk9 and mccain the same person?? i can't figure out this forum.
eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:52:48 PM

deapeasea0000 wrote:
is eileenk9 and mccain the same person?? i can't figure out this forum.

Nope .. I'm me but I have a hunch mccin0000, moc2034 and maccain09 are all the same person.

mccin0000
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:25:57 PM

I wish.

MCCain got punted for sure when he put his hand up to take over the running of the forum.

I knew a poster here that met him once. I won't say his name but the poster had a medical emergency and McCain basically saved his life. It sums up the kind of man he was. It could be argued that he contributed more to the festival via his posts than even Peter N has. I know people that check everyday for his return looking for inspiration via his ideas passion and leadership.. Who knows one day he might come back he's probably overseas setting up an orphanage playing songs of hope to the locals teaching martial arts listening to Steven Seagal... Dead set hero...
bambambam
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:34:40 PM

mccin0000 wrote:
I wish.

MCCain got punted for sure when he put his hand up to take over the running of the forum.

I knew a poster here that met him once. I won't say his name but the poster had a medical emergency and McCain basically saved his life. It sums up the kind of man he was. It could be argued that he contributed more to the festival via his posts than even Peter N has. I know people that check everyday for his return looking for inspiration via his ideas passion and leadership.. Who knows one day he might come back he's probably overseas setting up an orphanage playing songs of hope to the locals teaching martial arts listening to Steven Seagal... Dead set hero...

The mystery deepens Anxious

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
pod2006
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:27:08 PM

Mccainn 0000 the profiler. Guilty as charged. As this 11th BF rolls around for me, and as I continue to spread its magic and watch enthusiasm build over every few years and then wane amongst friends, I am always comforted by the constancy of the forum- the haven for true believers. I have enjoyed the cheeky and the insightful; the zealots and the nutbags. I am even amenable to the prospect that Steven Seagal or Daniel O'Something or other have great depth of talent, because Mccainn has told me. I respect the perspective of the forum. As for grammy's - "Best R n B" evokes as much warmth as the ol' Bill Peach's This Day Tonight.
One lunar month to BF'16. Only 60 low tides to go.