Rhythms Options
skot20_58
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 9:17:14 AM
Groups: Member

regards
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 9:50:05 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2016/02/01/flagship-music-mag-rhythms-sold-to-aus-country-singer-catherine-britt/

Marty did a great job with Rhythms, following on from Brian, and he should be congratulated for the support that he has given, to many musicians from a variety of genres.

Long term readers, and new converts keep telling me, how much they enjoy the mag.

The fact that Rhythms is always willing to support and put forward many new and older musos, who may not have been able get such a platform elsewhere, is greatly appreciated, from people I have spoken to.

The quality of the mag in recent times has been great. And I trust that the large amount of advertisers stay on board for the move forward?

I have been a fan of Rhythms since the start, when I used to get my free copy from Gaslight, and if it had all gone from there , I would grab one from virgin records further down Bourke Street.

Since then , have been a long term subscriber to this essential magazine, and as fate would have it, my subscription has recently run out.

And as a gesture of support for their future prospects, and of course for the need of such an independent publication.

I will re subscribe tomorrow, if possible?

Myself and a couple of friends have worn our Rhythms T Shirts with enormous pride in various places around the world, for a long time, and will continue to do so.

Thanks to Marty and Verity, for all they have done, and what they will continue to do.

Good luck to the ownership new team, and long may they run.
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 6:52:28 AM

Yes regards, I too have a few rhythms shirts, interesting how the sizes ebb and flow over the years, I must have four at least still somewhere in my cupboard from renewing each year at the festival, ah the good old days.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
pod2006
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 8:41:39 PM

Rhythms was synonymous with my BF experience until the big chill with PN, which saddened me. I am stoked that Catherine Britt is purchasing it.
She and her father have had a community radio show on 2NURFM in Newcastle. Not unlike the people popular Chambers' family on the Central Coast- they love their music.
Music Lovers are not unlike trainspotters, or trekkies. We are an obsessive music loving genre hopping group of individuals drawn to BF each Easter like Close Encounters of the Music Kind and it great that this mag is in the hands of a music lover ... and a (former) Novocastrian.

Now if Rythms can only reconnect with PN & BF my world will be in synch.
unclerumple
Posted: Sunday, February 07, 2016 9:12:35 PM

Here is the message sent to subscribers on 31 Jan:

Proud new owners of Rhythms Magazine!
Hey there fellow music lovers!!

My Husband James and I, Catherine have just taken over Rhythm’s magazine as the new proud and excited owners!

We both feel that Rhythms is an integral part of the credible music scene we have here in Australia and want to keep the integrity of the magazine alive while also moving into the future.

Marty and his wife Verity have been so kind to guide us step by step, holding our hand through the change over and we are very excited to be keeping Marty on board as a contributing writer in the future as well.

I have been writing a column as well as the odd story for Rhythms for a little while now as well as my father Steve Britt who is excited to be a part of the magazine moving forward also.

We are going to pour so much love and hard work into this magazine and we hope that with a little feedback from its dedicated readers that we can move forward in all of the right ways.

If you have the time, we would like to know a couple of things from you…

1. What are the main reasons you subscribe to Rhythms Magazine?

2. What do you want to see more of in the magazine?

3. What is your favourite genre of music if you have one?

4. What would be your criticism’s of the magazine if you had any?

5. If you have any suggestions for the future of the magazine, please feel free to also let us know!

Please send your answers too: subscriber@rhythms.com.au

We want to keep YOU the reader happy while cementing Rhythms Magazine as THE Roots go to magazine here in Australia and hopefully even the world.

Thank you so much for your love for the magazine and we look forward to hearing from you!
Catherine & James Beverley x
skot20_58
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2016 3:53:38 PM

Im not a subscriber but I'm going to get a subscription. I don't know why i have never been.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
mccin0000
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2016 7:34:09 PM

I might sign up too - love old school print mags!
tedhadson
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 1:13:45 PM

I have been subscribing for 15 years. I discovered it at the bluesfest.
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 1:32:52 PM

I was a subscriber for many years, and the gig guide was important to me.

I have bought them regularly from my local newsagent in the two years since I stopped subscribing (I stopped when i couldn't renew at Bluesfest).

I am going to renew, based on this thread.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
pod2006
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 7:27:15 AM

Between thoroughly enjoying the Rhythms mag from cover to cover and the BF Forum diversity I feel informed and up to date on music. Big congrats to Rhythms.