Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Peter Noble - Australia Day Honours Options
mindsy
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:03:55 PM
Groups: Member

Did a forum search but couldn't find anything, apologies if this has been posted

Congrats on your recognition Peter !

http://www.echo.net.au/2016/01/bluesfest-chief-awarded-oam/

Bluesfest director Peter Noble, has been awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia, ‘For service to live and recorded music, to tourism, and to the community.’

The governor-general’s office says Bluesfest supports Australian Seabird Rescue, Bay FM 99.9, Boomerang Festival, Byron Youth Service, Cancer Council, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Playing For Change, The Uncle Project and Westpac Helicopter Rescue.

And part-time Main Arm resident Adrian Newstead has been awarded an OAM, celebrating his 35-year commitment to the promotion of Indigenous Australian artists.

The citation reads: ‘For service to the museum and galleries sector, particularly through the promotion of Indigenous arts’.
midfielder
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:53:04 AM

Deserved
zyfert
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:46:31 AM

This is from the G G's website:

picture share
waffles
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 5:57:56 PM

I was pretty excited to see peter receive this award,and for what he received it for. I may be one thing to enjoy what you work at,but another to be appreciated and in this case honoured for what you do.
thanks peter for the many years you've put into bluesfest,and long may you reign.Applause Applause Applause :d/ :d/ :d/

ps and for taking the time to do the facebook Q and A.Applause Applause

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
mccin0000
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 8:44:16 PM

Congrats to Peter on his Australia Day honouring. Deserving for putting on Boomerrang alone - fantastic - lots of people have been conditioned to think that aboriginal art is dot paintings in a cave or native music is wailing with a digerdoo! People have been fooled into believing that these art forms have not evolved - this has been achieved through the manipulation of the media by imperialists and conservative racists.

I think it would be very safe to say none of the promotors of one of the other major music/dance festivals in the country would have a chance of winning this type of honour.

One reason that can't be ignored are the the recent deaths due to drug overdoses that occurred at all these other events.

I'm sure Peter or any of professionals that are involved in this festival would not have any issue in regards to the discussion of the application of safety measures to maintain the status quo of no lives being lost at BF due to drug overdoses etc.

If someone had advice to deter others from considering smoking what many people believe to be a lethal substance I'm sure Peter would not have an issue.

People have asked what happened to Otis? at least he applied some common sense to the posters discussions. We are talking about life and death - let's not pretend for one second lives are not being lost at festivals let's not be idiots and sweep this under the carpet and wait for someone to die at our festival before we are "allowed" to have a constructive discussion and to share information to protect loyal patrons who put Peter in the position where such accolades are bestowed upon him.

But saying all that congrats Peter from someone that believes you should be in line for a noble peace prize! I hope your admin lady consults you before she pulls down this post that is purely a mark of respect to Peter the festivals and the festival goers.,
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 9:13:53 PM

https://au.linkedin.com/in/otis-noble-b84b47ba
Can't be a volunteer all the time.
And most of the posters of yesteryear are now retired.
In due course it will be Facebook only.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
glenboss
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:53:07 PM

I would love to add my "Congratulations" as well. Could there be any more important award to win than this. This one testifies to the substance of you as a person and as a member/contributor of our society. I'll say it again, is there any more important award to win than this. Glenboss