Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression Options
psulli12
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 4:35:30 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/4/2013
Posts: 173
Points: 240

http://pitchfork.com/news/63068-iggy-pop-details-post-pop-depression-shares-gardenia/

New Iggy Pop album is produced by Josh Homme from Queens Of The Stone Age.
The first single is pretty awesome.

i loved seeing Iggy and The Stooges a few years back.
While i would have loved to hear Candy, The Passenger, Lust For life, it was a straight up stooges set and was so punk.
That is probably one of the reasons why i dug it so much and why it is still a highlight (one of those Bluesfest moments).

He slayed with the stooges, now lets get him back to Bluesfest to play his solo stuff.
freexone
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 8:59:56 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/16/2011
Posts: 226
Points: -31,841
Location: Everywhere and nowhere...
That movie that Iggy & company are in would be interesting for part of a morning session on Thurs or Fri perhaps?
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:19:14 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,859
Points: 9,360
Location: 46* South
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDU6TJcrZdA
Any Iggy is exciting.
One of the top front men in music ever.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
bonddm20020000
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 12:20:33 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 517
Points: -5,162
humanracin
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 7:50:41 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2010
Posts: 522
Points: -51

Love the new album and have been listening to his older stuff a lot this year.
Iggy would be a great addition!
bonddm20020000
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2016 12:02:36 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 517
Points: -5,162
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2016 9:12:28 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,859
Points: 9,360
Location: 46* South
Iggy meets James Brown for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiSKqs6IhQ4

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
bonddm20020000
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 2:28:15 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 517
Points: -5,162

I can highly recommend this.
I'd take this setlist in a heartbeat!
It comprises of most of Post Pop Depression ,The Idiot, Lust For Life, plus the theme song from the film, Repo Man.
The concert kinda works as a tribute to Bowie, considering he co-wrote about 50% of the songs.
The Post Pop Depression tracks work even better live
As good as The Stooges reunions were, I reckon this is the best live band Iggy's ever had.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 7:59:11 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,859
Points: 9,360
Location: 46* South
You cannot beat youth and the Young Stooges were the Young Stooges.
I believe that Iggy belongs with a young long haired band.
So this is my pick of Iggy bands outside the Young Stooges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaOTjAHYx1I
Though any Iggy whether or not he has a band,is good Iggy.
He has so many stories to tell.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
bonddm20020000
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 9:32:45 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 517
Points: -5,162
Another clip from the new live Blu/DVD/CD.
Gardenia (Live at RAH) - Iggy Pop
bonddm20020000
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2016 12:47:09 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 517
Points: -5,162
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:23:29 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,859
Points: 9,360
Location: 46* South

Thanks for the clip.Have just finished watching it.
Any Iggy is good Iggy.
The one poster is cynical but she needs to remember that Jimmy is a survivor.
And 69 not 39.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
c0kebloke
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:33:45 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 919
Points: -4,457
Location: Struggletown
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Thanks for the clip.Have just finished watching it.
Any Iggy is good Iggy.
The one poster is cynical but she needs to remember that Jimmy is a survivor.
And 69 not 39.

I was talking to a couple of people I had met at the pub at BF
just after Iggy's set.
They sounded a bit disappointed until I reminded them how old he was.
After thinking about it they seemed to have even more respect for his performance than the would have before seeing him.... Iggy still rocks!
This sums it up https://youtu.be/0vLaqO4Apn8


They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah


The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2016 10:46:00 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,859
Points: 9,360
Location: 46* South
c0kebloke wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Thanks for the clip.Have just finished watching it.
Any Iggy is good Iggy.
The one poster is cynical but she needs to remember that Jimmy is a survivor.
And 69 not 39.

I was talking to a couple of people I had met at the pub at BF
just after Iggy's set.
They sounded a bit disappointed until I reminded them how old he was.
After thinking about it they seemed to have even more respect for his performance than the would have before seeing him.... Iggy still rocks!
This sums it up https://youtu.be/0vLaqO4Apn8

Thanks for Posting L.
I have watched all the clips.
Rollins is an excellent interviewer & entertainer,& supremely suited to the subject matter.
I note that he toured down under this year but a talk show without music is not enough to get me on a plane.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 2:19:13 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 919
Points: -4,457
Location: Struggletown
TheLoneRanger wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Thanks for the clip.Have just finished watching it.
Any Iggy is good Iggy.
The one poster is cynical but she needs to remember that Jimmy is a survivor.
And 69 not 39.

I was talking to a couple of people I had met at the pub at BF
just after Iggy's set.
They sounded a bit disappointed until I reminded them how old he was.
After thinking about it they seemed to have even more respect for his performance than the would have before seeing him.... Iggy still rocks!
This sums it up https://youtu.be/0vLaqO4Apn8

Thanks for Posting L.
I have watched all the clips.
Rollins is an excellent interviewer & entertainer,& supremely suited to the subject matter.
I note that he toured down under this year but a talk show without music is not enough to get me on a plane.

Yeah I'm with you when it comes to the spoken word thing.
I was thinking this clip shows just how much energy Iggy had then & still has now for someone his age considering the hard living he has done.
My brother who loves Rollins spoken word but not his music showed me the clip on tv & it gave me a laugh.
Some seem to expect an artist to remain the same no matter how old they get as the 2 guys from England I was talking to seem to of had that impression with Iggy but when I reminded them of his age they were gobsmacked.
Comes to the spoken word performance I think I'll try to catch patti smiths first show @ BF as I prefer her music than poetry & im less into acoustic than electric.
I would prefere seeing her do a best of rather than the horses album but still pleased to see she's playing BF.
The horses album still has enough to keep me interested.


They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah


The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.123 seconds.