Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

dead & company Options
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:31:11 PM
Groups: Member

was just checking the bonaroo lineup for 2016 & came across this new collaboration between members of the greatful dead & john mayer who will be performing twice at the festival under the name dead & company. I am sure some people on the forum here are probably already aware of this project but I was surprised to see this & immediately thought how good would these guys be for bluesfest. you could draw in both older punters with the greatful dead members & the younger punters who like john mayer for what would be a fantastic show. I am not sure if they could make it for bluesfest this year, but if they were a late inclusion it would be fantastic. check this recording out I have been listening to & you will agree this should definitely be an artist to perform at bluesfest, forum admin if you could make a note of this one it would be appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEIAJsOZu10
deapeasea0000
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:18:11 PM

they'd be very expensive. not sure aus has the deadhead population to make it worthwhile.
garyp1603
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 6:10:10 PM

BC1987 wrote:
was just checking the bonaroo lineup for 2016 & came across this new collaboration between members of the greatful dead & john mayer who will be performing twice at the festival under the name dead & company. I am sure some people on the forum here are probably already aware of this project but I was surprised to see this & immediately thought how good would these guys be for bluesfest. you could draw in both older punters with the greatful dead members & the younger punters who like john mayer for what would be a fantastic show. I am not sure if they could make it for bluesfest this year, but if they were a late inclusion it would be fantastic. check this recording out I have been listening to & you will agree this should definitely be an artist to perform at bluesfest, forum admin if you could make a note of this one it would be appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEIAJsOZu10

I have just purchased 2 x Vinyl LP of the Circles Of The Sun - Interludes For The Dead. Would love to see that toured. Definitely do not count myself as a Deadhead

Neal Casal's playing on it is sublime.

http://media.rhino.com/press-release/circles-around-sun-interludes-dead

"I'd welcome the stars with wine and guitars, full of fire and forgetful" Townes Van Zandt
BC1987
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:18:14 PM

peter noble has ruled out any chance of this show coming to bluesfest during his Q&A on facebook, peter revealed that the band are asking for $1 million per concert & this is not financially viable in the Australian market as peter does not feel there is enough of a fanbase to make the tour viable. this is disappointing news but is understandable.
deapeasea0000
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:59:40 PM

deapeasea0000 wrote:
they'd be very expensive. not sure aus has the deadhead population to make it worthwhile.
Maccain09
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 3:08:33 PM

Bonaroo pretty boring line up - lots of chart pop in there. Main headliners LCD sound system who recently reformed after a 10 min break.

They did a fairwell to Australia tour and sold out the horden then they were back a few weeks later at the BDO and did a 30 min set.

John Mayer and the greatful dead - give me Hat Fitz any day.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 9:09:56 PM

Maccain09 wrote:
Bonaroo pretty boring line up

There is always Piff the Magic Dragon.
http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/band/piff-the-magic-dragon

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8