Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

the residents presenting shadowland Options
BC1987
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2015 10:21:35 PM
Groups: Member

was just on the bluesfest facebook page today & saw they had posted this concert from a couple months back of the residents performing the shadowlands concert we are getting next year. I had never heard of these guys before but after listening to this I am officially both excited & freaked out by what this show will entail. oh & I can't get over the brilliant guitar work from the guitarist who will probably not be rated as one of the must see guitar players in 2016 but after watching this I am going to try & see the show just for the guitarist. for those interested here is the show bluesfest posted... enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBukMmQBeM

is anyone else excited to be seeing these guys in 2016?
bambambam
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 7:29:13 AM
Groups: Member

I'm hugely excited that they are playing bluesfest. (the last band I ever would have expected)
I used to listen to them a bit in the eighties, I thought they had disbanded years ago.
You can't really compare them with anyone else, perhaps Crass because they are a collective.
And also Tism because they are anonymous, (but The Residents were the first at both of these)

The Magic Band and Mothers sets were huge at bluesfest and the tents were only half full.
I love the brave way bluesfest gives us amazing bands like this, this is real diversity.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous