Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

I Love Ed Sheeran Options
kevin2636
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2015 12:37:11 AM

Groups: Member

Seems to be a lot of Ed Sheeran haters. What's wrong with Ed Sheeran?
bambambam
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2015 9:52:55 AM

Ed's been sugested a few times on here.
I think he will play the festival eventually.
His music would certainly fit in well at Bluesfest.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
garyp1603
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2015 12:29:13 PM

bambambam wrote:
Ed's been sugested a few times on here.
I think he will play the festival eventually.
His music would certainly fit in well at Bluesfest.

I have no problem with him playing. Will free up the other tents..

"I'd welcome the stars with wine and guitars, full of fire and forgetful" Townes Van Zandt
Maccain09
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2015 2:44:58 PM

Ed would be great at BF - the next year we could have Taylor Swift then a reformed one direction - the year after we introduce some electronic acts then some laser and firework shows..

But seriously Ed is a commercial pop revenue generator backed by a corporation that controls radio and "chart music" he is a young man that represents the future profits of these organisations, surrounded by teams of savvy hit makers - every song released automatically goes to no 1, his music is designed for the radio (3 - 3.5 min songs mixing all the popular genres) produced by the who's who of what sells. Marketed by the best in the business to a tee. Probably the same people that are responsible for these ads on TV telling us that guy in the commercial dressed up as Jack White in a witches hat singing some annoying whiny teen tripe is our next fav artist who we are about to love.

He doesn't need BF and BF doesn't need him. Let him continue on his hot ticket sell out one man tour playing to crowds of 15-20,000 made up mainly by screaming teenagers. Hopefully the festival will continue to promote and support artists who play a different kind of music than this stuff.

Some would go as far as arguing his inclusion could trigger the death of the festival itself. I'm sure he's talented but let's let him be.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2015 6:40:49 PM

All I know about Ed is that a friend's 16 year old soon was keen on him.
I think that Bluesfest is better to concentrate on more obscure younger artists,and with being the first to book them down-under.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDUdkAbBzo4
I would rather watch Amy Winehouse videos as I find her sound more to my taste.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 1:03:17 PM

Maccain09 wrote:
Ed would be great at BF - the next year we could have Taylor Swift then a reformed one direction - the year after we introduce some electronic acts then some laser and firework shows..

But seriously Ed is a commercial pop revenue generator backed by a corporation that controls radio and "chart music" he is a young man that represents the future profits of these organisations, surrounded by teams of savvy hit makers - every song released automatically goes to no 1, his music is designed for the radio (3 - 3.5 min songs mixing all the popular genres) produced by the who's who of what sells. Marketed by the best in the business to a tee. Probably the same people that are responsible for these ads on TV telling us that guy in the commercial dressed up as Jack White in a witches hat singing some annoying whiny teen tripe is our next fav artist who we are about to love.

He doesn't need BF and BF doesn't need him. Let him continue on his hot ticket sell out one man tour playing to crowds of 15-20,000 made up mainly by screaming teenagers. Hopefully the festival will continue to promote and support artists who play a different kind of music than this stuff.

Some would go as far as arguing his inclusion could trigger the death of the festival itself. I'm sure he's talented but let's let him be.

Correct.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...