Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

forum vs facebook (and the others) Options
glenboss
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:18:14 AM
Groups: Member

Dear Bluesfest, I haven’t posted on this forum much in the last 6 months (perhaps my week long ban in February made me realise I was getting a little carried away with it) but I still thoroughly enjoy reading it. I don’t like Facebook and don’t have it myself but this morning I went into your facebook site and had a good look. What I enjoyed is that you put a lot more clips, photos and comments on your facebook site. On the other hand what I like about the forum is that there are more flowing discussions by some seasoned music buffs as opposed to the one line (sort of) responses you usually get with facebook. I’ve discovered so much brilliant music through this forum. The forum is obviously something you provide for your diehard fans so what I am asking is that you put what is on facebook onto the forum as well. Perhaps there’s reasons, technical or philosophical, why you can not or will not but in my opinion it would only enhance the forum. I absolutely love the overall experience of attending Bluesfest and love reading about all aspects to do with it. Sure the comments on the forum by some get negative at times but I’ve never seen the negativity even remotely diminish the overall positive nature of the postings. I’m sure I read in some post in the past by Admin stating Bluesfest’s attitude is that you would prefer to leave the forum to the members free from interference from yourselves. That’s a wonderful attitude but it’s also, in my opinion, a flawed attitude. Bluesfest is what bonds this group of members and you are Bluesfest. How could your input be considered interference? Perhaps the members would also be happy to interact with or engage more with Bluesfest. At the end of the day, you’ve got what we all want. I know there is a group of people who would thank you for it. I also read in a previous post when you once questioned the relevance of the forum because of facebook and all the other channels of communication. Just be content that you’re doing a wonderful thing for a loyal group of Bluesfest followers and music lovers. This is intended as positive feedback. Regards Glenboss
skot20_58
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:13:38 PM

Don't blame me I voted for kodos....

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
bambambam
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 7:32:14 AM

I havent been here much lately either,
So many online forums are full of trolls,
This is not one of them.

This place is a little musical sanctuary where you can have a discussion,
or discover some new artists or docos or read real reviews of other festivals.
I like it the way it is, but spicing it up a bit might be a good idea,
as I want to still be reading this forum in ten years time.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
eileenk9
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 8:16:56 AM

I hardly ever look at the Bluesfest Facebook page.. but I check here every few days.
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 8:47:03 AM

I have the face book, and follow the Bluesfest page.

I use that in a very different way to how I use this forum.

I see the bluesfest page updates in my the face book feed and they provide useful information or access to clips, as the OP mentioned.

But I also am on here quite a lot, even though I may go months without commenting.

Particularly after Easter, when it's all over, I take a break for a while, but usually show up again once the next festival announcements start.

I am here having a read (and often a laugh) at least once, usually more often every week.

I have learned so much from this forum and hope it continues to go strong.

That's just my opinion. Man.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
unclerumple
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 9:58:36 AM

I'm not on facepage (got no friends so why bother) but enjoy reading this forum. Some of it goes over my head, but have also discovered lots of new music from it. So, I agree - pls keep it going

PS - just got an email from Neil Mumme saying this years Narooma Fest will be the last:

"I take this opportunity to write to you and all our Narooma Members with a very important announcement.
After 17 years of challenges, hard work, fun and with heavy hearts we have decided that this years 'Narooma' will be the last as we know it. We need to rethink how to present Narooma in the years ahead in many ways." etc etc

Sad ...
greybeard
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 5:32:53 PM

We are losing our hair, youth and 3G phones, please not THE forum as well !

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
tonyivits
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 8:56:17 PM

I have only been a member for sixteen months but read the forum for several years before that.I am not on Facebook,Twitter or any other social messaging services and will probably never join them-age,attitude and personality will see to that.

The forum is a great place to learn about music and musicians and mostly is positive.The BF administration should not cut it adrift and should still participate on the forum as I feel that many of the members, some of longstanding, give valuable feedback. Trolling is rare compared to other sites and forums so most posters aren't trying to score points against other members ( there are exceptions!)
timcook123
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2015 10:37:24 AM

skot20_58 wrote:
Don't blame me I voted for kodos....

Always good for a laugh skotty

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there
And they really make a mess outta you.

B. Dylan
Maccain09
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2015 12:56:30 PM

People post stuff like today's my birthday on Facebook or I'm off on holidays etc you get an email from Facebook to reset your password add in the password nothing happens except the bloke that now has your password is trying to see if it's the same one as your banking.

Linken in is the same and if you use android phones prepare to have all your accounts hacked.

Facebook / Ashley Madison / linked in will all get hacked eventually - the forum is safe and used by people that say more that yaah bring out ed sheering 500000000 likes etc etc - there are even debates here between festival goers and undercover police and snitches it's great ...