Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

BluesFest blues Options
curlyloc
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:21:15 PM
Groups: Member

Next year I'm gonna clone myself so I don't miss the great acts due to clashes/tiredness/getting married/inability to correctly read the schedule.

I can't believe I missed Vika Bull on stage with Paul Kelly. Or The Alabama 3. Or Tinirawen. Or meeting the Posters for lunch at the Rails....

Having severe BF melancholy.

Tijuana Cartel at the Cambridge Friday May 22 should help ease some pain...further suggestions on how to cope most welcome.

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen
arbee0
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:28:13 PM

I can identify with that Curly
Even without the minor additional distraction of getting married, clashes still killed me - my worst result was missing Sonny Landreth altogether ..... as I did Special Beat, Alabama3, Tijuana Cartel, Paul Kelly, Dan Sultan, Kasey and Shane, Ngaire .. and too many more ..
And also way too little of Saltwater Band, Watermelon Slim, Banawurun, Archie and Ruby, Dallas, Nu Yorican Nights, Augie March, Chase The Sun ... etc ....etc
Cloning sounds like the only option next year (even tho I felt that this year there were fewer acts doing more sets, compared with the past couple of years)
My first catch-up comes earlier than yours, in fact tomorrow night, with Tijuana Cartel at "The Planting" at Woodford ...... followed over the weekend by Blue King Brown, John Schumann, Georgia Potter, Kerriane Cox, Juzzie Smith and more - let the redemtion begin! :)
gerardf
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 11:48:09 AM

You missed Alabama 3 Curly? They were the highlight for me, 2 very different sets and both excellent. If you're on Facebook, email me offlist.

Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk
gerardf
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 11:50:06 AM

and, by the way, if you missed Kim Churchill (busking comp winner) then you can see him on May 28th at The Junkyard.

Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk