Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

NAROOMA Options
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:34:51 PM
Groups: Member

i have decided to make the trip to narooma this year.
as i am a virgin to this festival,i am hoping you seasoned veterans can help give me some clues.
i will probably fly to canberra,where my brother lives,pick up a car, then........

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
c0kebloke
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:37:32 PM
Groups: Guest

waffles wrote:
as i am a virgin to this festival,i am hoping you seasoned veterans can help give me some clues.
i will probably fly to canberra,where my brother lives,pick up a car, then........

Pickup bingo & give him a ride???
jafa99
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:50:25 PM

c0kebloke wrote:
Pickup bingo & give him a ride???

Capital idea.
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:31:22 PM

Nice pun Bob.
My post was just in jest as i shall get the late bus again being somewhat nocturnal i prefer to travel late.
I just hope after a 5 hour trip-17 stops from batemans bay to narooma- they dont close the pub as i arrive about 9pm again.things close a little early in narooma just ask Patrick regarding trying to get petrol.
youngbill
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:36:51 PM

Will do with the tips soonish.
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 3:04:05 AM

Charlie Musselwhite & Candye Kane are 2 artists playing at Narooma this year.
I saw Charlie Musselwhite at his last bf & hope to see him again as for Candye Kane(heard of her but i have not had a listen as yet) she is new to me so i shall have to check her out on the net.
johnnymac
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 4:21:18 PM

Candy has been very ill but she never gave up, made of strong stuff!!! As tough a billy goat's knees!!!!
Surprised you haven't heard of her Bingo, she of playing piano chords by dropping her mammaries on the keys!!!!!
waffles
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 9:31:09 AM

candy was married to one of the palladins.......and used to be a stripper.
great to hear shes better.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
greybeard
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 11:01:35 AM

If my memory is any good I think Kandy was promoted from Narooma about four years ago
Hoping Bingo's mail is right.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
c0kebloke
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 8:24:39 PM

greybeard wrote:
If my memory is any good I think Kandy was promoted from Narooma about four years ago
Hoping Bingo's mail is right.

I found it on her myspace site http://www.myspace.com/candyekaneband, last on the list of Upcoming Shows.
c0kebloke
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 8:47:13 PM

johnnymac wrote:
Candy has been very ill but she never gave up, made of strong stuff!!! As tough a billy goat's knees!!!!
Surprised you haven't heard of her Bingo, she of playing piano chords by dropping her mammaries on the keys!!!!!

After a look on the net i agree she is a lady with a lot of guts -not quite as much since her surgery -but a trooper for sure as most dont get through that particular illness.
Seems she had no medical insureance so others held a benefit show for her,then when she was able she got back to work to pay the bills & got herself on track.That alone shows true spirit.
I had heard of her but not her music.
Her playing style would make the killer himself raise an eyebrow.I wonder if she can play chopsticks or better still flight of the bumblebee useing the same "equipment"?
youngbill
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 3:31:59 PM

Well obviously give Bingo a ride goes without saying. I was going to start the tradition this year of someone giving Bingo a ride, but if you want to be the first that's fine with me.

Book accom asap.
The accom link on the Narooma festival site gives a number for the visitors centre. There's a caravan park across the road from the fest (Big 4?) and one down the road a bit. A friend stayed at the nearer one with no complaints. There's one on the other side of town next to the golf course, ph 1800 762275. Very short drive up the hill to woolies, bottle shop & shopping centre.
A good 10min walk to the fest and up over a nice hill, but overlooks the ocean with beach below. Can be a bit breezy with your proximity to Antarctica but a nice spot with a great view. I've stayed there a few times and it's never been too crowded. Just watch out for local kids pinching your esky and best batch of home brew ever while you're out and about. The feckers.

Sit on your butt at camp and watch the whales for free. There was a courtesy bus to & from the festival site.

O'Briens pub has nice food and great view, beastro runs all day and night pretty much. Across the road the cinema screens music related films at fest time. Next door is the RSL which was ok, but a bit ordinary last time round. The chinese at the bowlo next to the fest is good and usually fast service.

Fest site doesn't get too wet/muddy but expect some rain. I'd imagine the fun police will be invited again along with their hepped up hop head hellhounds so keep your nose peeled.

Buy the chicken curry from the big pasty looking guy at the curry stand. Chicken curry is still currently legal in NSW as far as I know so get it while you can.
The chicken curry guy looks as if he enjoys his chicken curry - and he should know. Chicken curry - five stars.

Rarely queues for anything, plenty of toilets, not approaching festyness.

greybeard
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 5:21:27 PM

Quote:
Well obviously give Bingo a ride goes without saying.

Not sure Kandy actually reads this forum, but full marks for thinking of your mates.
Have stayed at the festival campgrounds without problem, it is a little chiller than Byron.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
jafa99
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 5:24:11 PM

c0kebloke wrote:
I wonder if she can play chopsticks or better still flight of the bumblebee useing the same "equipment"?

She carries her camera in there.

youngbill wrote:
Can be a bit breezy with your proximity to Antarctica. Sit on your butt at camp and watch the whales for free.

Yes, true, I saw 2 migrating whales from the lookout down by the mouth of the inlet. Can be surprisingly cold, or warm and sunny, from one day to the next.

Bob
c0kebloke
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:05:03 PM

jafa99 wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
I wonder if she can play chopsticks or better still flight of the bumblebee useing the same "equipment"?

She carries her camera in there.

& who knows she could even have a flash to go with it.

Anyone have a spare $300 to donate so i can snuggle in for a good nights sleep?

from Candy Kanes web site http://www.candyekane.com/brapillows.html
Leopard Dreams

My pillows cost 300$ plus 20$ shipping and handling. Each one is guaranteed to be worn by me personally and no two pillows are exactly alike. They are stuffed with hypoallergenic batting and decorated with handsewn bead work, sequins, fringe and the finest materials including satin and silks. They are perfect for the sofa or bedroom. In addition to being an excellent conversation piece, they are also luxuriously comfortable!!
Each one is the closest thing to laying your head on my own 44 GGG breasts! Sleep like a baby with your head nestled between the mounds of maternal security provided by a Candye Kane Therapeutic Bra Pillow ®. Custom designs and lettering will also be considered. Color choices may not always be possible. It depends which bra will be leaving my underwear drawer!

c0kebloke
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 4:11:32 AM

waffles wrote:

youngbills post covers things very well.
If you would like a browse online i found this to be helpfull- not much fest related but gives some good info
http://www.eurobodalla.com.au/narooma.html
c0kebloke
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 4:24:59 AM

Another couple of artists playing at narooma.
CEDRIC BURNSIDE(Grandson of R.L.BURNSIDE) & LIGHTNIN' MALCOLM

http://www.myspace.com/jukejointduo

http://lightninmalcolm.com/
acb
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 8:52:34 AM

Narooma is highly recommended, Waffles.

Small venue (sports oval) with 3 tents, each around Jambalaya size (?), with plenty of room, even on Sat nite. Patrick and I are able to camp at stage edge to our hearts' content. Also seating provided, but no chairs allowed in front half of tent!

Artist list not as stellar as Byron, but always some gems. Good chance of bumping into them at the fest or in town.

I stay at the Festival (no relation) Motel, just up the hill, but there are plenty of alternatives if you get in early. Pubs offer good eating options if you don't live on Gozleme/Kebab/Tandoori (& Waffles!) from the fest.

Plenty of local attractions for downtime or accompanying non-festers. Whales visible at that time of year.

Hope to see you and other regulars in October.

Andrew
acb
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 9:23:14 PM

First announcement for Narooma 2009 is up on the website: www.bluesfestival.tv .

Charlie Musselwhite
Eric Sardinas & Big Motor
Ash Grunwald
Bob Malone
Diunna Greenleaf
Bridie & the Boogie Kings
Mal Eastick
Collard, Greens & Gravy
The Bondi Cigars
Jim Conway's Big Wheel
Psycho Zydeco
The Detonators
Mark Easton

Looks good so far!

Andrew
johnnymac
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 5:36:50 PM

Hey Jafa,

Have you seen this line up!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the email today............SARDINAS..................now I'm tempted!!!!!!!!!!