Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

camping Options
debdallasline
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 7:33:45 PM
Groups: Member

can anyone tell me if you can enter the campgrounds earlier than what they have posted (at 10ish), we want to get in a bit earlier on thursday and give us time to set up and shower etc. Ideally we wanted to buy 2 thurs camp tix and set up latish arvie on thursday, but powers that be said we were not able to enter the camping area unless we also purchased a thursday day pass (which we didn't wish to use and didn't want to pay money for just to get into camp that extra night) Or alternatively if someone has 2 very cheap thursday day passes and camping (or just cheap thursday day passes) we would be interested??
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 8:12:43 PM

http://www.bluesfest.com.au/faqs/default.aspx?FaqSectionID=6
Website states entry 11 am not 10 am.
In regard to buying tickets,you have a conflict of interest given that Bluesfest still has them on sale.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
debdallasline
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 11:07:17 PM

i understand re conflict of interest, but thought it strange that we couldn't buy 2 thurs night camping tix to camp for thursday night - not wishing to go to festival that night - So 'sue' manager for ticketing told me 10am that we are able to get in on the day - which you say is diff than website - that only gives an hour to get in (lineup to get in better not be busy), set up, have a shower and get into first act - hopeful harrys we will be Brick wall
mpember
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 11:43:53 PM

debdallasline wrote:
i understand re conflict of interest, but thought it strange that we couldn't buy 2 thurs night camping tix to camp for thursday night - not wishing to go to festival that night - So 'sue' manager for ticketing told me 10am on the day - which you say is diff than website - that only gives an hour to get in (lineup to get in better not be busy), set up, have a shower and get into first act - hopeful harries we will be :-/

The website lists 11am due to the need to allow time for the current campers to vacate the sites at 10am.

It is possible that 'Sue' has said 10am because they expect to have a few sites vacant at that time.

Due to the location of the camping site (aka right next to the main stages), it is possible to listen to some of the acts from your tent. Whether you intend to enjoy the concert or not, it is not unreasonable for BF to expect you to pay for the experience.

As for showering... <insert Byron Bay joke here>
JamesG1
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:13:43 AM

debdallasline wrote:
that only gives an hour to get in (lineup to get in better not be busy), set up, have a shower and get into first act

Hear what you're saying, it is a rush arriving the day of... especially if coming from QLD and you forget about daylight saving... makes sense if they don't have non-festival campers though, it would be a free-for-all and difficult to control.

So get to the gate at 10 you'll have ample time for a quick and easy tent erection meet your neighbours over a frosty lemonade then bolt to the first show at 12. Good luck :-)

__

debdallasline
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:21:36 PM

ta for your thoughts and recommended activities!! gr8 idea! i can't imagine there will be many people vacating the campground on friday morning after only one night - but you never know? at cmc they said they weren't opening camping gates till 9.00am. But they opened them at 7.30am, can you imagine the lineup at 11am - all the friday, sat, sun buddy tix people coming in!!! bedlam! So do you suggest that it could be noisy if you camp closest to the main stage - that is a thought? at the muster it can be quite loud from the crowbar - at cmc we were far enough away for it to be fairly quiet and not too far to walk to showers and toilets - i will have a good think about where we are camping before we start - are there many trees on site? is it fairly flat?, i have a hiace van with an annexe, never an esy erection for 2 ladies?? and it really needs to be quite level!! Daylight saving has finished by then hasn't it? or if not when does it finish? hey hasn't it cooled down last few days? will bring drizabone just in case - and of course lemonade!!
bambambam
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:10:42 PM

Hi debdallasline.

You don't really get much choice in camping as you are allocated spots on arrival. (one car after another)
No trees on site in the five day area (open fields) but I think there are trees in other areas.
You do sometimes get a bit of shade off the tents next to you (believe it or not)
One year we parked next to a van and we had great shade from that.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous