Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

hey admin, where's the App? Options
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:35:24 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/1/2010
Posts: 449
Points: 461
Location: Brisbane
I hope it's out soon, planning needed.

Also, fixed that Thursday schedule yet?

Stop jerking Luluc around, give them all the time they need!

Anyway, looking forward to you getting the App up and available!

Whistle

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
zyfert
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:17:22 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/9/2008
Posts: 235
Points: 620
Location: Far ne nsw
Last year the app came out only about 1 week before the festival.
If you load last year's app and swipe downwards or upwards on your phone screen, you will see this years current lineup in the background.
psulli12
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:43:15 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/4/2013
Posts: 173
Points: 240
Looks like the schedule for thursday Jambalaya is:

22.45 Jimmy Cliff
21.15 SOJA
19.45 Playing For Change
18.15 CRB
17.00 Wagons (45 mins)
16.00 Luluc (30 mins)
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:30:31 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 912
Points: -4,478
Location: Struggletown
App available on mon - came in handy last year.


They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah


The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
Bradders
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:14:15 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/3/2011
Posts: 108
Points: -16
Wasn't it free last yeaR??
c0kebloke
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:17:10 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 912
Points: -4,478
Location: Struggletown
Bradders wrote:
Wasn't it free last yeaR??

Yep,but this years is less than $2 so not to expensive.


They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah


The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
dissent
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 1:09:33 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/8/2010
Posts: 81
Points: -21
c0kebloke wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Wasn't it free last yeaR??

Yep,but this years is less than $2 so not to expensive.

Given most other festivals have been supplying them for free for years and the template is pretty much the same between all festivals... That it costs $2 is redic
$2 for an app that tells me when bands are playing gives a brief bio and youtube links... that's expensive
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 1:29:35 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/1/2010
Posts: 449
Points: 461
Location: Brisbane
dissent wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Wasn't it free last yeaR??

Yep,but this years is less than $2 so not to expensive.

Given most other festivals have been supplying them for free for years and the template is pretty much the same between all festivals... That it costs $2 is redic
$2 for an app that tells me when bands are playing gives a brief bio and youtube links... that's expensive


Yeah I will rely on the paper version, which is free.
I won't pay for a festival app, it will have advertising in it, which should easily pay for it.

While I am here, I look forward to seeing the touted improved alcohol options this year.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
JamesG1
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 4:37:16 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/16/2010
Posts: 44
Points: 41
hifromtomorrow wrote:
dissent wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Wasn't it free last yeaR??

Yep,but this years is less than $2 so not to expensive.

Given most other festivals have been supplying them for free for years and the template is pretty much the same between all festivals... That it costs $2 is redic
$2 for an app that tells me when bands are playing gives a brief bio and youtube links... that's expensive


Yeah I will rely on the paper version, which is free.
I won't pay for a festival app, it will have advertising in it, which should easily pay for it.

While I am here, I look forward to seeing the touted improved alcohol options this year.


I will pay for it, because $2. You can see it in the dark.

Also looking forward to the more modern beer options... Garden Bar sounds like it could be Stone & Wood... there was a similar bar at Mullum... my fingers are crossed anyway.

___


garyp1603
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 8:54:05 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/27/2013
Posts: 153
Points: 225
Location: Wamberal
JamesG1 wrote:
hifromtomorrow wrote:
dissent wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Wasn't it free last yeaR??

Yep,but this years is less than $2 so not to expensive.

Given most other festivals have been supplying them for free for years and the template is pretty much the same between all festivals... That it costs $2 is redic
$2 for an app that tells me when bands are playing gives a brief bio and youtube links... that's expensive


Yeah I will rely on the paper version, which is free.
I won't pay for a festival app, it will have advertising in it, which should easily pay for it.

While I am here, I look forward to seeing the touted improved alcohol options this year.


I will pay for it, because $2. You can see it in the dark.

Also looking forward to the more modern beer options... Garden Bar sounds like it could be Stone & Wood... there was a similar bar at Mullum... my fingers are crossed anyway.

___




Like you James I need illumination on my timetable lol
That Garden Bar is gonna be mighty packed. the revolution starts now !

"I'd welcome the stars with wine and guitars, full of fire and forgetful" Townes Van Zandt
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 9:26:46 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 912
Points: -4,478
Location: Struggletown
$2 is hardly going to break the bank.
We could get 4 apps for the price of a standard drink.
The backlight was good to have rather than chasing the light & the app also gave me a reminder 5min before the next set I want to see was good as at times I tend to get sidetracked while checking out acts between the must sees.


They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah


The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
waffles
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2015 7:20:47 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 2,264
Points: 4,097
Location: lennox head
and bluesfest probably have someone else develop the app.
a lot of festival goers will spill more than $2 worth over the 5 days!

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
mpember
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2015 8:21:09 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/16/2008
Posts: 552
Points: -227
waffles wrote:
bluesfest probably have someone else develop the app.


The company who developed last year's app appears to be a company called App Majic. They also make many of the apps for major Australian festivals. A quick look through their catalogue suggests that all of the apps are free to download.

The cookie-cutter structure suggests that the content is the only major difference between the apps. There are slight changes in the theme, but that could be as little as a few graphics and a couple of changes to the XML that defines the layout.

My only experience with this kind of development is with tourism apps. In this case, most of the development costs are resulting from the translation of content (to cater for foreign tourists) and the integration of the app with existing landmarks and tours offered by the venue / tourism operator. In the case of these festival apps, these has been avoided and the content appears to be requested in such a way as to integrate with an existing structure.

Unless App Majic charge a massive fee for this service, it is possible that the cost of designing and printing the paper program is actually higher than that of the development costs of the app. That said, the advertising revenue from the app would be minimal.

waffles wrote:
a lot of festival goers will spill more than $2 worth over the 5 days!

Luckily, the chairs situation in recent years has reduced this 'cost'. :)
eileenk9
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:29:33 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/24/2011
Posts: 1,097
Points: -3,084
Location: Maclean, Northern NSW
zyfert wrote:
Last year the app came out only about 1 week before the festival.
If you load last year's app and swipe downwards or upwards on your phone screen, you will see this years current lineup in the background.


Do you have the link for last year's app? I can't see anything on the site at all to do with an app. Thanks.
zyfert
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2015 12:43:41 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/9/2008
Posts: 235
Points: 620
Location: Far ne nsw
I'm running an iPhone so: App store > Byron Bay Bluesfest 2014.
The 2015 app should be out tomorrow.
Best,
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:41:03 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/1/2010
Posts: 449
Points: 461
Location: Brisbane
OK, the it's only $2 comments have made their point, I will get the app, mainly for the reminder function (it had better work!!!).

I also enjoyed the Mullum Stone and Wood garden bar.

Looking forward to hopefully being able to drink my fill (a few quiet bevvies each day) of their Pacific Ale, this is great news.
Local brewery.
Good beer.
Happy Tony.



Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:15:11 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/24/2011
Posts: 1,097
Points: -3,084
Location: Maclean, Northern NSW
So the App is only for Apple or Android?

I have a Nokia Lumia Windows phone and couldn't find it.
NaraNuts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:27:30 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/24/2015
Posts: 2
Points: -91
So have I missed something or are we still waiting for the app ???
skot20_58
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:34:47 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/26/2008
Posts: 999
Points: -1,067
I can't find it.


Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:02:48 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/24/2011
Posts: 1,097
Points: -3,084
Location: Maclean, Northern NSW
I asked about it on the Facebook page and got no response
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.159 seconds.