Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

mmm.. dunno about the line-up Options
Toner1
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2015 7:59:51 PM
Groups: Member

I dunno.... 20 consecutive years and I'm struggling to get excited about the line-up this year. Plenty of stuff I've seen several times before....and always good to discover something new of course... but it just looks a bit light on to me. No 'headline' act that I can see, but then I guess it depends on who you like and how you rate them in your own musical world. I'm sure somebody will capture my attention.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2015 8:32:26 PM

Toner1 wrote:
I dunno.... 20 consecutive years and I'm struggling to get excited about the line-up this year. Plenty of stuff I've seen several times before....and always good to discover something new of course... but it just looks a bit light on to me. No 'headline' act that I can see, but then I guess it depends on who you like and how you rate them in your own musical world. I'm sure somebody will capture my attention.

Admin policy this season has been to ban those who make too many negative posts.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
eileenk9
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2015 9:20:23 PM

Agree with Toner1

(runs)

bambambam
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2015 11:10:15 PM

Eileen you've changed,
(your photo) Dancing

Well I'm gonna be a half glass full on this one,
Boy and Bear is a real coup, and getting another Jurassic 5 Hit "TOPS"
A and J are just sublime and I don't know who the other dudes are but they look fun.

I did kind of want some seventies legend to shandy on out and sing songs I already know.
But what the hell, I'm going anyway, there's plenty of blues legends playing later on so I'm happy.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
waffles
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 6:48:44 AM

like your thoughts BBB or is that bbb.anyway i much prefer the unknown artists.how else do you discover new music. for me the playing for change and musicmaker artists are probably artists ill never see again.bring em on!
and the question on everyones lips is........which guitar will super chikan (mmf)play...the axe,the shotgun,the cigarbox...youll just have to be there!

some artists ive loved that i discovered at bluesfest...seth lakeman,foy vance,joanne shaw taylor..all unknown to be before there great bluesfest performances. i remember well joanne shaw taylors first show in crossroads mid afternoon.for some reason i thought she was
neo -folk. until she hit that first tune up note....then i sat up and watched her rip through a great performance.same with seth lakeman.i was just going from tent to tent,no act pencilled in,put my head in ,heard music i liked and stayed till the end.
i hope i have some new awakenings!!

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:05:29 AM

I agree that Boy & Bear look interesting.
As do Jurassic 5

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
skot20_58
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 1:38:29 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
I agree that Boy & Bear look interesting.
As do Jurassic 5

Jurassic 5 will be fantastic.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 1:51:20 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
Jurassic 5 will be fantastic.

http://www.powerstation.net.nz/
Playing three shows in Auckland at a 1250 capacity venue.
Must be dearer to hire one large venue.
CHCH show canned in favour of a 3rd Auck show.

eileenk9
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 5:24:51 PM

bambambam wrote:
Eileen you've changed,
(your photo) Dancing

Well I'm gonna be a half glass full on this one,
Boy and Bear is a real coup, and getting another Jurassic 5 Hit "TOPS"
A and J are just sublime and I don't know who the other dudes are but they look fun.

I did kind of want some seventies legend to shandy on out and sing songs I already know.
But what the hell, I'm going anyway, there's plenty of blues legends playing later on so I'm happy.

Glad you like it. Angel

I've only got tickets for Easter Sunday so Mr Harper is going to be the highlight of my day I think. Also I've been following Mat McHugh and the Beautiful Girls for several years now so I'm looking forward to them as well. Xavier Rudd and Ash Grunwald will be cool too. All in all it will still be a great day.. I just won't be able to get my 1970s nostalgia kick this year... that's all.

Sob sob.

Still hoping for a miracle

Pray
Flegal08
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 2:28:05 PM

Yep, we have Ben Harper on our list, first time I will see him in all the years we have been coming to Bluesfest.
nocheesegromit
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 4:52:15 PM

Any one else having more than usual issues with clashes? Every way I look at it there's problems. Got too many acts starting as one finishes, leaving little to no time to get from one tent to another. Tried lots of different permutations, and have had to be fairly brutal in who to see . The Band of Skulls timeslot is causing it's fair share of issues.
Just part of the fun I guess. Not long now, getting excited.