Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What's with all the 1.30 starts? Options
sharpieaj
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 7:49:24 AM
Groups: Member

There's a sprinkling of midday or 12.30 starts but most tents don't get going until 1.30.

Lots of opportunity to slot some great under-appreciated or up and coming Aussie artists in still. What about Saskwatch, Emma Swift, Karl Broadie & Friends, The Flood, Shane Nicholson, Melody Pool...etc
rstroud
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2015 9:33:48 PM

Good point and well received Sharpiaj

. But the writing's on the wall. Later starts, less tents, less true headliners. More solo artists as opposed to less bands. Artists like Nikki Hill playing 5 gigs and a consequent reduced cost per gig. More Oz Arists (that's great) but the Oz dollar has crashed which imposes a financial bottom line on Bluesfest.

I have few criticisms at all as I have benefited from the great lineups over the last 5 years or so when the Oz Dollar was strong and paid for so many great acts. My only gripe is that there are some great blues-based acts that wouldn't cost a fortune but aren't there. But hey, maybe it's a point of generational change that this festival has to take it's own fork in the road and is taking the turn at the crossroads from a blues that don't pay its dues ......... Maybe it will be MusicfFst shortly. I'm all for honesty. Interest in the blues is cyclical and I'm old enough to experience these changes.

Despite my words above, I am so looking forward to this festival, but will wait longer to buy my tickets for 2016, regardless of the penalty.

I wish Bluesfest well..

Rod S

Rod S
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2015 10:55:38 PM

rstroud wrote:

. But the writing's on the wall. Later starts, less tents, less true headliners. More solo artists as opposed to less bands. Artists like Nikki Hill playing 5 gigs and a consequent reduced cost per gig. More Oz Arists (that's great) but the Oz dollar has crashed which imposes a financial bottom line on Bluesfest.
I have few criticisms at all as I have benefited from the great lineups over the last 5 years or so when the Oz Dollar was strong and paid for so many great acts. My only gripe is that there are some great blues-based acts that wouldn't cost a fortune but aren't there. But hey, maybe it's a point of generational change that this festival has to take it's own fork in the road and is taking the turn at the crossroads from a blues that don't pay its dues ......... Maybe it will be MusicfFst shortly. I'm all for honesty..
Despite my words above, I am so looking forward to this festival, but will wait longer to buy my tickets for 2016, regardless of the penalty. I wish Bluesfest well..Rod S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x5Nh_27ukM

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8