Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Nikki Hill - I'm A Rocker/Whole Lotta Rosie - Doheny Blues Festival 2014 Options
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 1:11:59 PM
Groups: Administration

And now for the correct clip

Nikki Hill - performing EVERY DAY at Bluesfest 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiJvHL7V4zc

forum
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:31:20 PM
Groups: Member

We already had an extensive Nikki Hill thread operating.
And I'm a huge fan.
http://www.dohenybluesfestival.com/past-performers/
But as you have drawn the attention of posters to the Doheny Blues Festival,I could not resist having a look through the historic lineups of a genuine US Blues Festival.
There are some extremely interesting lineups in a minority area of music, which the US population must be able to support economically.
There are some awesome names therein who have yet to appear at Bluesfest,or have had but a rare appearance here.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
glenboss
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:56:37 PM

She was one of the ones I really enjoyed last time. This is probably a timely reminder to once again suggest that the stages in those little tents need to be raised about 1 foot. Doesn't need to be much. Just enough so that you can see at least a bit of the artists as they perform. Some of my most enjoyable shows last year was in the smaller tents. So how much ? About 1 foot, 2 at the most.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 9:14:29 PM

glenboss wrote:
She was one of the ones I really enjoyed last time. This is probably a timely reminder to once again suggest that the stages in those little tents need to be raised about 1 foot. Doesn't need to be much. Just enough so that you can see at least a bit of the artists as they perform. Some of my most enjoyable shows last year was in the smaller tents. So how much ? About 1 foot, 2 at the most.

I am with you on that one.
I didn't watch much in the tent around the corner..One Paladins set,one Nikki Hill set and both Candye Kane sets was all I can recall.
But for all those sets I was at the rails.
Had to be to be to see what was going on.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
garyp1603
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 6:55:04 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
glenboss wrote:

I am with you on that one.
I didn't watch much in the tent around the corner..One Paladins set,one Nikki Hill set and both Candye Kane sets was all I can recall.
But for all those sets I was at the rails.
Had to be to be to see what was going on.

+1 I was at the Paladins gig and I'm 6 ft. I had trouble seeing anything and being a guitarist I was disappointed couldn't see DG's awesome fretwork. Same too for Daniel Champagne another fretboard wizard.

"I'd welcome the stars with wine and guitars, full of fire and forgetful" Townes Van Zandt
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 9:33:18 AM

garyp1603 wrote:

+1 I was at the Paladins gig and I'm 6 ft. I had trouble seeing anything and being a guitarist I was disappointed couldn't see DG's awesome fretwork.

Yes being able to stand in front of D G in the spacious tents at Narooma was great.
As was Rick Estrin coming on stage to do a couple of numbers.
The tent where The Magic Band & Suzanne Vega played,also needs the stage raised.

TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 3:12:30 PM

So....... those tracks are both by AC/DC.
Instead of waiting until after Xmas to announce Nikki Hill playing five sets,I would have announced her a lot earlier.
Like the second announcement.
Or a special announcement.
After all,she was in the first announcement for 2014.
Which demonstrated front up that there was going to be some kick ass music on display.
As it is at present,it comes across as an after thought.

bucetti1
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 3:27:12 PM

Dear Mr Ranger,
I have read your recent posts with great delight.
Whilst thrilled that Nikki Hill is back-it looks to me that she's on early on each day.
Surely an artist of her calibre should be headlining on at least one of the five days.
Keep well.

When they go low-we go high.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 5:49:22 PM
Groups: Administration

As a result of your ongoing negativity and criticisms Ranger.
You are skating on thin ice - and I'm letting you know that I am tiring of it.
Keep it up if you would like to have an enforced break from the board - take this as your only warning
Forum
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:38:16 AM

glenboss wrote:

Your wish has been granted.
See you on your return from your holiday.

littlewillie
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2015 1:14:05 PM

My favourite artist last year, I'm really looking forward to her return.

Go Nikki!
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2015 8:35:36 PM

littlewillie wrote:
My favourite artist last year, I'm really looking forward to her return.Go Nikki!

Not my fav artist last year...competition was far too hot.
But this year my favourite artist by a country mile.