Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Recent gigs you have been to/are going to? Options
Aussiecroc
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 9:09:06 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/6/2012
Posts: 73
Points: 31
Rodriguez
Springsteen x 4
Barry Gibb x 2
Bluesfest!!!
humanracin
Posted: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:14:47 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2010
Posts: 369
Points: 551

Morrissey at the Civic Theatre in Newcastle last night...
Amazing show !
humanracin
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:09:31 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2010
Posts: 369
Points: 551

More concert tickets bought today:

The Specials
The Damned
Blondie & Cyndi Lauper

bonddm20020000
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 11:05:01 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 402
Points: -2,860
Sydney Blues Festival.
A great lineup of Aussie acts, with Chris Cain as the sole international.
I "filled my boots" catching many NSW and Qld acts who rarely make it to Victoria.
I didn't see a bad act all weekend.
The punters didn't appear to agree with my assesment of the lineup as there weren't many of 'em!
http://sydneybluesandrootsfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/sbrf-flyer.jpg
InfidelRider
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2016 12:30:59 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/13/2013
Posts: 84
Points: 179
bonddm20020000 wrote:
Sydney Blues Festival.
A great lineup of Aussie acts, with Chris Cain as the sole international.
I "filled my boots" catching many NSW and Qld acts who rarely make it to Victoria.
I didn't see a bad act all weekend.
The punters didn't appear to agree with my assesment of the lineup as there weren't many of 'em!
http://sydneybluesandrootsfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/sbrf-flyer.jpg

The quality of the lineup was such that I almost always felt that I wanted to be in 2 places at once.
bonddm20020000
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:15:43 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 402
Points: -2,860
InfidelRider wrote:
bonddm20020000 wrote:
Sydney Blues Festival.
A great lineup of Aussie acts, with Chris Cain as the sole international.
I "filled my boots" catching many NSW and Qld acts who rarely make it to Victoria.
I didn't see a bad act all weekend.
The punters didn't appear to agree with my assesment of the lineup as there weren't many of 'em!
http://sydneybluesandrootsfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/sbrf-flyer.jpg

The quality of the lineup was such that I almost always felt that I wanted to be in 2 places at once.

Myself and my partner plonked ourselves down at the bowls club for the 3 days, with the exception of Chasin The Train at the Hawkesbury.
We ran into Chris Cain on the Monday and had a great arvo listening to stories about B.B. & Albert King, amongst others!
InfidelRider
Posted: Friday, November 4, 2016 1:02:28 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/13/2013
Posts: 84
Points: 179
bonddm20020000 wrote:
InfidelRider wrote:
bonddm20020000 wrote:
Sydney Blues Festival.
A great lineup of Aussie acts, with Chris Cain as the sole international.
I "filled my boots" catching many NSW and Qld acts who rarely make it to Victoria.
I didn't see a bad act all weekend.
The punters didn't appear to agree with my assesment of the lineup as there weren't many of 'em!
http://sydneybluesandrootsfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/sbrf-flyer.jpg

The quality of the lineup was such that I almost always felt that I wanted to be in 2 places at once.

Myself and my partner plonked ourselves down at the bowls club for the 3 days, with the exception of Chasin The Train at the Hawkesbury.
We ran into Chris Cain on the Monday and had a great arvo listening to stories about B.B. & Albert King, amongst others!

I spent a fair bit of time at the Hawkesbury myself, but also saw a few acts at the primary school and the bowling club.

Chris Cain was great on the Saturday night (as expected, I'd seen him in Narooma last year so I knew what to expect), and you could see that he was enjoying watching the other bands over the course of the weekend.
youngbill
Posted: Friday, November 4, 2016 11:13:37 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/26/2011
Posts: 211
Points: 572
Did anyone see the hippos?

I was hoping to make it but it was not to be.
bonddm20020000
Posted: Friday, November 4, 2016 1:07:40 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 402
Points: -2,860
youngbill wrote:
Did anyone see the hippos?

I was hoping to make it but it was not to be.

I saw 'em, but they had pretty much the only poor sound mix I heard all weekend.
There were some feedback issues early on which resulted in everything being turned down, except for Lez Karski's guitar which was way too loud.
They are playing at The Bridge Hotel in Rozelle tonight, if you're in Sydney.
youngbill
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2016 6:01:11 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/26/2011
Posts: 211
Points: 572
bummer. thanks for the reply.
davidabrown
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2016 8:18:26 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 69
Points: 219
Fantastic night at The Hippos the other night, as someone who spent most of my weekends for many years at the Bridge listenings to The Hippos I had a great night.
A link to my photos...

http://s836.photobucket.com/user/David_Simone/library/The%20Hippos%20Bridge%20Hotel%20November%202016?sort=2&page=1



You can never have too much Steel Guitar!
eileenk9
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 3:54:19 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/24/2011
Posts: 997
Points: -2,604
Location: Maclean, Northern NSW
Missy Higgins with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra on November 27. Should be amazing.
BC1987
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 4:02:51 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/22/2012
Posts: 597
Points: 865
Location: lismore nsw
i have a nice little run of shows to close out 2016 which looks like this.
rodriguez with archie roach on november 12
julien baker & matt andersen at mullum music festival on november 20
ben harper & the innocent criminals with the pierce brothers on november 24
kingfisha with bullhorn on december 3
paul kelly & charlie owen on december 9
Flegal08
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 7:47:14 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/16/2012
Posts: 293
Points: 830
Location: Queensland
Saw Matt Andersen at the Milk Factory Last Night in Brisbane, wow wee what a show from the big man, what a voice and he plays the guitar sublimely. Applause God I love live music!!!!!!



Only problem it was a very small room he played in, made worse by the people talking and whistling through his performance. Shame on you


Will I never know silence without mental violence?
Space5279
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 2:01:50 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/18/2010
Posts: 713
Points: 467
Location: Melbourne
Recently booked tickets for the Melbourne Zoo Twilight concerts in January. Going to see Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons and The Sports double header. What a cool package that will be. By extension, be good to see both those bands at Bluesfest.

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
pod2006
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2016 9:32:37 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/17/2011
Posts: 274
Points: -479
off to see Joe camilleri/ black sorrows at lizottes in early dec 16. I am hoping he plays Lonnie's lament- a John Coltrane song. I love it when the songs prevail and talented musos play their their faves.
regards
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2016 9:55:55 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2009
Posts: 532
Points: 606
pod2006 wrote:
off to see Joe camilleri/ black sorrows at lizottes in early dec 16. I am hoping he plays Lonnie's lament- a John Coltrane song. I love it when the songs prevail and talented musos play their their faves.


Enjoy the show. Gus the drummer is am old mate of mine.

I will contact him and see if he can get that song thrown in for you.

I have the Black Sorrows playing at a charity gig I help run in Feb at my local sports ground

So that will be cool be I suspect that the set will skewed towards a few more of the hits and early material because we get a fairly MOR audience, but as long as they spend money I don't care.
humanracin
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:09:21 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2010
Posts: 369
Points: 551

Dionne Warwick was amazing last night in QLD, legendary even.
De La Soul this week was fun too.

Next week: The Cult.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:26:10 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,668
Points: 8,784
Location: 46* South
https://www.13thfloor.co.nz/?p=76328

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdWjYuwTTrU
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
nelson7007
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:42:56 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/5/2013
Posts: 102
Points: -1,048
Flegal08 wrote:
Saw Matt Andersen at the Milk Factory Last Night in Brisbane, wow wee what a show from the big man, what a voice and he plays the guitar sublimely. Applause God I love live music!!!!!!

Only problem it was a very small room he played in, made worse by the people talking and whistling through his performance. Shame on you


Same problem at Hobart gig last night. Big man, big voice, great set almost spoiled by the yap yap yapping from a group that seemed oblivious to what was going on elsewhere in the room. Despite this he was a joy to watch. And a shout out too for Shaun Kirk as support. Played his heart out.

Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.176 seconds.