Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Recent gigs you have been to/are going to? Options
waffles
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 5:43:15 PM
Groups: Member

you also get kate miller kiedke guesting on a song with paul Kelly...should be a great night in Brisbane.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
Aussiecroc
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:46:11 PM

Falls Festival
Nick Cave
spanner1
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:23:32 AM

Busy end of year and New Year. My concert of the years a few weeks ago was Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls at the Triffid. Absolutely bloody sensational. Looking forward to Paul Kelly this week with guest Kate Miller Heidke (Yay) and Woodford festival seeing amongst many others The Teskey Brothers, Xavier Rudd, Cat Empire, Hats and Cara, Mick Thomas, The Waifs, Franky Walnut, Irish Mythen, Dan Sultan and a cast of many more thousands. Woodford is truly one of the great festival experiences in the world. In the New Year it is Florence and he Machine and the Legendary Rhythm and Blues Cruise out of Florida to the Bahamas with 32 bands on board including Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Irma Thomas, Taj Mahal, Indigenous, Poppa Chubby, Little Ed, Tab Benoit and many more. Should be a nice lead in to Bluesfest and includes side trips to New Orleans, Memphis and Chicago for month of February.
barryjmoore
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:16:28 PM

In the middle of the year I saw a couple of great performances: Kurt Elling supported by Emma Pask; and the Legendary Count Basie Orchestra featuring singer Carmen Bradford who was originally hired by the Count himself.

And in November I went to the Wangaratta Festival of Jazz and Blues (Friday 2 November to Sunday 4 November) and the Mullum Music Festival (Thursday 15 November to Sunday 18 November). And on the drive back from Wangaratta I stayed overnight at Dorrigo and discovered that it now has an annual music festival on the last weekend of October each year: The Dorrigo Bluegrass and Mountain Folk Festival which I'm going to next year. So if I also include the Bendigo Blues Festival which is on the second weekend of November and which I've previously been to, then next year I could do a festival quadrella: Dorrigo, Wangaratta, Bendigo and Mullumbimby over 4 consecutive weekends. I'll have to give that idea some further thought.
repete
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2019 10:59:02 PM

Calexico tonight at The Recital Centre in Melbourne were simply outstanding. It's the 6th time I have seen them in Australia in the full range of settings (clubs, festivals and theatres). It is completely beyond all comprehension that they have never played at bluesfest.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
mpember
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 11:25:23 PM

Thando did a great gig at Chapel Off Chapel this evening. She was backed by The Spire Ensemble, an all-female soul outfit. She brought out a few surprise guests and closed with a fantastic rendition of Natural Women. It was great to hear some of the songs (some still without names) from her next album.