Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Recent gigs you have been to/are going to? Options
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 8:08:11 PM
Groups: Member

andrewfuller620000 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8tybsIBMU
Pete Cornelius is without doubt Tasmania's finest musican.
And a very humble person.
We seem to have moved away from this type of artist at Bluesfest.

Certainly a shame when we have such fine talent in this country.

I have seen three superlative sets in Au of top guitarists playing off Sax Players.
Robben Ford Bluesfest 2004
Pete Cornelius Narooma 2008 [The year he released Suburban Hell]
Warren Haynes Bluesfest 2011

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 11:05:04 PM

Pete would draw a bigger audience than this at Bluesfest

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 8:08:01 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
Pete would draw a bigger audience than this at Bluesfest

He surely would.....especially if he played more than once. Word would get around to the uninitiated very quickly. Superb player.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 8:10:43 AM

....and Ian Collard doesn't just play with mugs.........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1-nfZvQZc

jandjhill0000
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 9:06:57 PM

End of Bleach Festival on the Gold Coast yesterday had a great free gig at Country Paradise Nerang.
Ran from 1pm -6pm with great intros, food trucks etc.
The line up was :

Tully John and Liza-Jane
Felicity Lawless
Karl S Williams
Allensworth
Hussy Hicks.

A great arvo and free. Also saw Fanny Lumsden at a house party in Wongawallen on Sat night which was fun,
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:58:47 PM

jandjhill0000 wrote:

End of Bleach Festival on the Gold Coast yesterday had a great free gig at Country Paradise Nerang.
Ran from 1pm -6pm with great intros, food trucks etc.
The line up was :

Tully John and Liza-Jane
Felicity Lawless
Karl S Williams
Allensworth
Hussy Hicks.

A great arvo and free. Also saw Fanny Lumsden at a house party in Wongawallen on Sat night which was fun,

I saw Allensworth and Hussy Hicks back in October 2015 at The Currumbin Creek Tavern, when I was up in Qld visiting old school mates. That gig was the catalyst for my explosion back into watching live music again. Had a fabulous evening....and haven't slowed up going to gigs since.

davidabrown
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 7:56:50 AM

I'm going to Kevin Welch & Justin Bernasconi at The Newsagency tonight.

You can never have too much Steel Guitar!
davidabrown
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:40:05 AM

davidabrown wrote:
I'm going to Kevin Welch & Justin Bernasconi at The Newsagency tonight.

Great night

You can never have too much Steel Guitar!
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 1:19:39 AM

Robben Ford touring June 5th
https://www.eventfinda.co.nz/2018/jazz-gala-2018/dunedin?utm_campaign=also-visited-events&utm_medium=click-through&utm_source=2018%2Fjazz-gala-robben-ford-lydia-pense-the-rodger-fox-big-band%2Fauckland%2Ftakapuna

bucetti1
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 6:56:45 AM

Interesting Ranger.
No Australian dates for Robben.

When they go low-we go high.
repete
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 12:25:40 PM

Jazzfest !!!!! Plus a few shows beforehand including a freebie tomorrow at Armstrong Park featuring Herbie Hancock, Terrence Blanchard and The E Collective and Patti Austin.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
regards
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 10:12:11 PM

repete wrote:
Jazzfest !!!!! Plus a few shows beforehand including a freebie tomorrow at Armstrong Park featuring Herbie Hancock, Terrence Blanchard and The E Collective and Patti Austin.

hi Mate

I get there on Tuesday.

The Herbie show has been moved to the Orpheum due to weather concerns.

But it is still free

As you must know by now.

I hope the rest stays is Congo square?

With Luck I will catch you guys at the square on Wednesday for Big Sams Funky Nation, with the Deslondes opening.

It would be great to catch you there.

If I make my connection from DFW on Tuesday I hope to get to 30/90 by about 5.30 PM for a bit of happy hour Oysters and the excellent Bayou Saints

repete
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 10:22:51 PM

regards wrote:
repete wrote:

hi Mate

I get there on Tuesday.

But it is still free

As you must know by now.

With Luck I will catch you guys at the square on Wednesday for Big Sams Funky Nation, with the Deslondes opening.

If I make my connection from DFW on Tuesday I hope to get to 30/90 by about 5.30 PM for a bit of happy hour Oysters and the excellent Bayou Saints

G’day mate...thanks for the tip about Herbie, I didn’t know!! I was just thinking about purchasing an umbrella! It’s drizzling here as we speak, nothing too bad but I haven’t checked the weather forecast yet. I’m still recovering from the flight which has given “cattle class “ an entirely new meaning. We should be good for Wednesday in the square - that’s the day we move from the Garden District to Marigny but nothing in NOLA seems far away. Cheers

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
regards
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 1:38:24 PM

repete wrote:
regards wrote:
repete wrote:

hi Mate

I get there on Tuesday.

But it is still free

As you must know by now.

G’day mate...thanks for the tip about Herbie, I didn’t know!! I was just thinking about purchasing an umbrella! It’s drizzling here as we speak, nothing too bad but I haven’t checked the weather forecast yet. I’m still recovering from the flight which has given “cattle class “ an entirely new meaning. We should be good for Wednesday in the square - that’s the day we move from the Garden District to Marigny but nothing in NOLA seems far away. Cheers

Howdy Mate send me an email if you still have my address.

I will get in Tuesday night and Lisa lives near the corner of Napoleon and Prytania so we are right in the middle of the Garden District.

Also did you get Patry tickets? I should be able to sort some for you guys if you wish.

Luckily I have scored upstairs on the A380 up the back, which make the long bloody flight a bit easier to take.

I am only a Silver frequent flyer these days, but thankfully it still helps a bit.

Look forward to catching up again in my second home and you guys getting to meet the Mrs

repete
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 11:23:24 PM

regards wrote:
repete wrote:
regards wrote:
repete wrote:

hi Mate

I get there on Tuesday.

But it is still free

As you must know by now.

Howdy Mate send me an email if you still have my address.

I will get in Tuesday night and Lisa lives near the corner of Napoleon and Prytania so we are right in the middle of the Garden District.

Also did you get Patry tickets? I should be able to sort some for you guys if you wish.

Luckily I have scored upstairs on the A380 up the back, which make the long bloody flight a bit easier to take.

I am only a Silver frequent flyer these days, but thankfully it still helps a bit.

Look forward to catching up again in my second home and you guys getting to meet the Mrs

Bloody hell, we’re staying just around the corner in Constantinople in a gorgeous guest house (we’ve stayed here before so it’s like coming home). But we move out of here and over to Marigny for the duration of jazzfest on Wednesday. We’ll find a way of catching up - Wednesday at The Park is an option (although we might need to leave before Big Sam has finished as we’re booked in for a show at Preservation Hall).
The Patry is all good to go - paid for as soon as tix were released. Fabulous line up! Herbie and co were great yesterday at The Orpheum - there’s nothing like an audience of local music lovers, they went absolutely nuts! We’re also going to Piano Night this year - the line up is fantastic for what will be a monster tribute to Fats.
We’ll catch up in the next few days!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 1:09:07 PM

bucetti1 wrote:
Interesting Ranger.No Australian dates for Robben.

Maybe it is Rodger Fox just promoting some NZ gigs.
He has toured a number of packages here over the years of the likes of Robben,Duke Robillard[who I missed after flying to Wellington but flooding in the lower North Island closed all the roads & postponed the gig for two days],Long John Baldry, Chris Cain,Norton Buffalo,John Hammond.
I have to say that the chosen vocalist,who appears to be in the Janis Joplin mould,does not appeal to me.
I much prefer Jazz Singers.

repete
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:30:18 PM

Rebirth Brass Band - at the Maple Leaf in New Orleans. Right now, this very minute. Hotter than hot!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 11:06:42 AM

Enjoyed the dulcet tones of Front End Loader last night.....ears are still ringing for some strange reason.

eileenk9
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 6:09:18 PM

Got tickets to see Missy Higgins at QPAC Brisbane next week.
jandjhill0000
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 8:22:42 PM

Applause Broadbeach Blues tomorrow through to Sunday! Should be great with some fantastic free artists. Robert Cray, Backsliders, HatFitz and Cara, Lloyd Spiegel and the great Dave Hole to name a few. Weather is looking superb along with the line-up.