Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Recent gigs you have been to/are going to? Options
jandjhill0000
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2018 10:22:59 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/1/2017
Posts: 73
Points: 219
Location: Beech Mtn.
Arrived home from a month in NZ recently and saw Blind Boy Paxton at the Theatre Royal and the Young Folk at Fairfield house in Nelson. Both shows were better than great and a highlight of our trip. Also caught quite a few unknown acts as we travelled the country which kept us sane and contented.Applause
Flegal08
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2018 1:59:08 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/16/2012
Posts: 325
Points: 926
Location: Queensland
Just got tickets for Busby Marou at the Triffid for 31 May.

So Busby Marou 31/05, Whitlams 01/06, then Brian Cadd, Marcia Hines, John Paul Young and Leo Sayer on 02/06.
regards
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2018 2:38:51 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2009
Posts: 570
Points: 720
Was lucky enough to score a couple of Freebies to Roger Waters and he was fantastic.

It was probably the best visual spectacle I can remember seeing, and the sound at the Tennis Centre was very good.

He played a large amount of his songs from Pink Floyd and virtually all of Dark Side Of The moon.

The band were brilliant as you would expect and it also made me smile seeing Donald Trump flying around the Arena.

My mate and I loved it and I owe my friend who is doing the whole tour many a beer for the tickets he got me, when we next cross paths
zabadooba
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2018 6:03:44 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/12/2017
Posts: 80
Points: -189
Big Country and Stereophonics over in March and April. Pity neither could be slotted in BF
rstroud
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2018 7:42:09 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/24/2009
Posts: 240
Points: 501
Seeing YolanDa Brown in Canberra on March 8. Great sax player. Jazz playin' over a great reggae/soul groove.

See http://www.yolandabrown.co.uk/ for Oz gigs

Rod S
humanracin
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 10:27:58 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2010
Posts: 451
Points: 21

Saw GRACE JONES in Adelaide on Wednesday, AMAZING as per usual.
Still one of the best live performers/entertainers around today.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 11:12:45 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,812
Points: 9,219
Location: 46* South
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUJAogBoXiY
Grace Jones in Queenstown last night.
Venue held about 1900 people standing & tickets sold out same day.For those who were aware the show was on.
Queenstown is a party town and provided a very enthusiastic audience.
Never had a show like this in town before,with voodoo & wearable arts.
Had a local acrobatic guy on pole dancing for this track who was very athletic,to the delight of the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccRtO1mJfw
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 11:36:46 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,812
Points: 9,219
Location: 46* South
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOz9dH_NAmA
And lest we forget.
Grace played two fantastic sets at Bluesfest 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccRtO1mJfw
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
eileenk9
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 5:37:34 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/24/2011
Posts: 1,062
Points: -2,764
Location: Maclean, Northern NSW
Thanks for the video LR. I was there that night .. had so much fun. Wish she'd come back to Bluesfest. I love Queenstown too. Holidayed there last August. The NZ scenery is out of this world.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 8:10:07 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,812
Points: 9,219
Location: 46* South
eileenk9 wrote:
Thanks for the video LR. I was there that night .. had so much fun. Wish she'd come back to Bluesfest. I love Queenstown too. Holidayed there last August. The NZ scenery is out of this world.

What appeared to be alll the local Maori elite were present at the show.
Grace said she would like to buy a property there & swim in the lake.
Problem it has now is being an international resort it is a tale of two cities.
At one end houses priced at $20m & at the other end workers hotbunking.
Major problems with infrastruture not being planned/unable to keep up with growth.
Wanaka is following the same pattern.
I talked to a girl working in the crystal shop in Byron who said it was a cheaper place to live than Wanaka.
No you are not Maccain.
Or the Big Kahuna.
Or Harvey Keitel.
Or any of the 000 cult who continue to breed.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccRtO1mJfw
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
eileenk9
Posted: Sunday, March 04, 2018 8:43:43 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/24/2011
Posts: 1,062
Points: -2,764
Location: Maclean, Northern NSW
TheLoneRanger wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:
Thanks for the video LR. I was there that night .. had so much fun. Wish she'd come back to Bluesfest. I love Queenstown too. Holidayed there last August. The NZ scenery is out of this world.

What appeared to be alll the local Maori elite were present at the show.
Grace said she would like to buy a property there & swim in the lake.
Problem it has now is being an international resort it is a tale of two cities.
At one end houses priced at $20m & at the other end workers hotbunking.
Major problems with infrastruture not being planned/unable to keep up with growth.
Wanaka is following the same pattern.
I talked to a girl working in the crystal shop in Byron who said it was a cheaper place to live than Wanaka.
No you are not Maccain.
Or the Big Kahuna.
Or Harvey Keitel.
Or any of the 000 cult who continue to breed.



Yes Queenstown was a bit expensive but I thought it had a great vibe. Visited Wanaka briefly and found it too crowded with ski-ers so didn't stay long. The highlight was driving back from Glenorchy to Queenstown and being greeted with a beautiful panorama of snow capped mountains, long white clouds and glistening crystal clear water. Hope to tour the north island of NZ some time later this year.



TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, March 04, 2018 7:27:19 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,812
Points: 9,219
Location: 46* South
https://www.13thfloor.co.nz/grace-stalls-then-stuns-while-beck-stumbles-at-acl/#comment-4915
If I had attended Sydney to see Grace with her seven song set,I would be extremely annoyed.
As I would if I had flown to Auckland for a nine song set.
Bluesfest has the enlightened philosophy of giving the leading acts longer sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccRtO1mJfw
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
jandjhill0000
Posted: Sunday, March 04, 2018 8:42:10 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/1/2017
Posts: 73
Points: 219
Location: Beech Mtn.


[/quote]

Yes Queenstown was a bit expensive but I thought it had a great vibe. Visited Wanaka briefly and found it too crowded with ski-ers so didn't stay long. The highlight was driving back from Glenorchy to Queenstown and being greeted with a beautiful panorama of snow capped mountains, long white clouds and glistening crystal clear water. Hope to tour the north island of NZ some time later this year.



[/quote]
North Island is well worth the effort. Just home from time in Wellington, Napier, Mt Maunganui, Paihia and Karekare (where the Piano was partly shot). After the South Island we were feeling great but the North matched it admirably.
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 9:36:36 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/22/2012
Posts: 638
Points: 994
Location: lismore nsw
have three shows coming up before bluesfest which i am quite excited for, tomorrow night i will be catching the havana meets kingston live show at the tivoli in brisbane which should be a great show especially with sly & robbie in the band... the following saturday i will be seeing jose feliciano at the star casino at the gold coast which should be cool & then on march 26 i will now be heading to the tivoli to catch prophets of rage because they moved the show there from the riverstage probably due to poor ticket sales but this should make it even better with the relocation.
mccin0000
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 1:55:42 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2016
Posts: 285
Points: -2,272
TheLoneRanger wrote:
https://www.13thfloor.co.nz/grace-stalls-then-stuns-while-beck-stumbles-at-acl/#comment-4915
If I had attended Sydney to see Grace with her seven song set,I would be extremely annoyed.
As I would if I had flown to Auckland for a nine song set.
Bluesfest has the enlightened philosophy of giving the leading acts longer sets.



Looks like another dud festival run by clowns - reading about the clashing sounds with beck and Phoenix and Graces 20 min set sounds like a waste of money. Beck is one of those guys like nick cave it seems that critics must give him 5 stars every time he farts. Good but seriously over rated. This review shows that he had his day really.
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2018 9:44:33 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/6/2017
Posts: 143
Points: 247
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Totally off the blues trail.....but going over to Melbourne to catch The Black Angels at The Corner Hotel on Monday, 12th March, then back to Hobart for Hussy Hicks on the 15th at The Republic Bar.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
nelson7007
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 7:08:16 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/5/2013
Posts: 141
Points: -1,016
Bit late but Muse were loud and spectacular at Rod laver before Christmas while The National at Sidney Myer music Bowl earlier this month were simply great. looking forward to Aussie rising star Alex Lahey at the Waratah in Hobart next month and a Whitlams sellout gig at The Republic in May with some Killers in Melbourne the same month. Then Beth Hart and Frank turner during a November trip to Europe and hopefully a lot more in between. Love live music.

andrewfuller620000
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 9:02:23 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/6/2017
Posts: 143
Points: 247
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
nelson7007 wrote:
Bit late but Muse were loud and spectacular at Rod laver before Christmas while The National at Sidney Myer music Bowl earlier this month were simply great. looking forward to Aussie rising star Alex Lahey at the Waratah in Hobart next month and a Whitlams sellout gig at The Republic in May with some Killers in Melbourne the same month. Then Beth Hart and Frank turner during a November trip to Europe and hopefully a lot more in between. Love live music.


From Tassie?


"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
nelson7007
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:27:43 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/5/2013
Posts: 141
Points: -1,016
andrewfuller620000 wrote:
nelson7007 wrote:
Bit late but Muse were loud and spectacular at Rod laver before Christmas while The National at Sidney Myer music Bowl earlier this month were simply great. looking forward to Aussie rising star Alex Lahey at the Waratah in Hobart next month and a Whitlams sellout gig at The Republic in May with some Killers in Melbourne the same month. Then Beth Hart and Frank turner during a November trip to Europe and hopefully a lot more in between. Love live music.


From Tassie?

Yes indeed
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:56:16 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/6/2017
Posts: 143
Points: 247
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
nelson7007 wrote:
andrewfuller620000 wrote:
nelson7007 wrote:
Bit late but Muse were loud and spectacular at Rod laver before Christmas while The National at Sidney Myer music Bowl earlier this month were simply great. looking forward to Aussie rising star Alex Lahey at the Waratah in Hobart next month and a Whitlams sellout gig at The Republic in May with some Killers in Melbourne the same month. Then Beth Hart and Frank turner during a November trip to Europe and hopefully a lot more in between. Love live music.


From Tassie?

Yes indeed

Likewise.....Hobart in fact. Frequent The Repub a bit for gigs.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.198 seconds.