Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Billy Bragg Options
bucetti1
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 4:48:43 AM
Groups: Member

Can anybody let me know if Billy was confirmed for next year but not yet announced or was it a rumour.

When they go low-we go high.
bambambam
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:35:19 AM

Hi bucetti,

Well he's coming here in march (that's confirmed)

http://www.songkick.com/artists/489208-billy-bragg/calendar

I'm guessing he will probably have a holiday in between with maybe a couple of gigs,
Mr Nobel did confirm it last year accidentally in an interview but this is the music business after all,
and these things can change overnight (lets stay positive, Billy is probably looking forward to it)

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
bucetti1
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:33:44 AM

Thank you

When they go low-we go high.
regards
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2014 11:47:06 AM

I will be ecstatic if Billy does make it to BluesFest and even if he does not. I look forward to his comments regarding the dubious quality of our present so called leaders in Canberra and elsewhere, when he is in Australia
spanner1
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2014 8:27:24 PM

bucetti1 wrote:
Can anybody let me know if Billy was confirmed for next year but not yet announced or was it a rumour.
Billy was the first artist confirmed by Peter Noble after his performance at Bris Sounds last year at Peter's key note address at that event. His statement was I "can confirm the first artist announced for BF 2015 is Billy Bragg"
on on spanner
greybeard
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 9:23:59 PM

Face book entry for anyone interested

Quote:
Billy Bragg
January 19 at 2:01am ·

I'm currently in Tasmania where I'm taking part in a TV documentary that tells the story of the radicals who were transported to Australia by the British government in the early years of the 19th century. Chartists, Fenians and American adventurers caught trying to start a republican uprising in Canada were sent to Van Dieman's Land, as Tasmania was then known.

I've written a few new songs, one of which concerns the exploits of William Cuffay, a Chartist who was the son of a freed slave from St Kitts. Born in Chatham, Cuffay was Chartist leader known for his militancy. When parliament rejected the demands of the 1848 Charter, Cuffay called for insurrection and was arrested. Convicted of 'levying war on the Queen', he was transported to Hobart aged 60. There he continued to play an important part in local politics, dying in 1870, aged 82.

The documentary is based on the book Death or Liberty by Tony Moore and will be shown in Britain later this year.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.