Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

all our exes come from texas Options
tedhadson
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:56:32 PM
Groups: Member

Saw them last night at the black bear lodge in Brisbane. Four girls,one playing a mandolin, another an accordion,another a uke and the fourth a guitar. All had a go at lead vocals, singing their best songs and harmonised beautifully Would be great for an early spot at bluesfest. Think the Secret Singers? Off to see Ryan Bingham at the same venue tomorrow night> If he is as good it will be another great night of excellent music. Then its Rodriguez on Sunday night and Justin Townes Earl/Lindi Otago on Wednesday night. Too much good music is never enough.
surfrider48
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:14:17 PM

Hey Ted...see my review of Ryan from last night....

Ryan & his band put on a great, foot stomp'n' show last night at Lizotte's Kincumber. Band was tight with kudos to
lead guitarist. Ryan's whiskey & cigarette voice belted out most of his best songs and I was impressed with his
performance on acoustic guitar. You can catch him over the next week in Brisbane, Melbourne & Perth.
For those who don't know Ryan & his music, he won an Academy, Golden Globe & Grammy award for his song
"The Weary Kind" from the movie Crazy Heart & a new song of his plays the opening credits to the drama series "The Bridge"
Harry Hookey opened the night & the troubadour from Victoria was worthy of top billing with some great songs & the stories
behind them. Harry is supporting Ryan for most of his remaining shows & also is performing next Easter at Deni

1st Commandment of the Blues: "I am the Blues, thou shalt not put before me no other groove"
tedhadson
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:31:39 PM

I saw the review of Ryan Bingham.Looking forward to seeing him. Listening to the Crazy Heart Soundtrack today.
unclerumple
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:27:22 PM

These two posts typify what used to be a (great) feature of this forum - posters who are out listening to live music telling us what is hot and what is not

Thks guys. Let's have more of it.
Jaylee1
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2014 7:13:55 AM

these ladies were highlighted on Thank God It's Friday (ABC Radio) last Friday and have been on high rotation on our local ABC (2NR)

Can't wait to see them live

JT