Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

To the person who turned in my wallet found in Mojo Options
kaydubbleu
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:04:15 PM
Groups: Member

may good karma follow you for the rest of your life.

On the first day of the festival I like many others took shelter in a raincoat with zip-up pockets. In 1 pocket I had my beer tickets and identfication (luckily), in the other I (foolishly) had my Vuitton wallet I bought on the Champs Elysses with something like a 50 in it and all my cards... Long story short - new raincoat's pocket zipper busted during Franti and I thought I had lost a great memory. I looked during the break between Franti and Xavier and after Xavier but couldnt find it so eventually got over it, I mean its bluesfest I couldnt go around ruining a great day.. but on the way out after asking several security staff was able to report the wallet missing.. I never made it back to the security tent.. I must have walked by it a dozen times but never went in asking for it.. When going in I wanted in there to see the show and when I was going back to town at the end of every night I really wanted to get back..

Today I called the contact number on the bluesfest site and spoke with a nice lady who told me she hadn't got the stolen property yet but would look when it came in, and a couple hours later.. She called and told me it was there.. With some money in it.. and its not even muddy... I was and am still very amazed by this, after the amount of young (14ish) local girls that were willing to approach me and my group of mates and just plain out ask for money I thought that no way someone would turn it in.. but someone out there has taken it upon themselves to prove me wrong and make me believe that there are some genuinely nice people out there!

Once again I am really thankful, the wallet has history, anything in it I was hoping was gone but for the wallet to return and its on its way back, thanks to you!

Cheers!

See you next year.. Early bird 5days on sale yet Peter?
Dan...
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 9:12:56 PM
Groups: Member

that is so pleasing to hear! had a similar experience at the (admittedly much smaller and friendlier) golden plains with my mobile phone. there is no better feeling.

The poster formerly known as Dan