Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Suzi Quatro Final Oz Tour Options
greybeard
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 9:53:12 AM

Groups: Member

News in my in box today
Quote:
Suzi Quatro returns in January 2015 for her Final Australian Tour.

"I have been touring Australia regularly since 1974, and have lost count of how many times I have been here, but I think this tour will be number 29! It’s my second home and I love it dearly. This year I celebrated my 50th year in the business and it just felt like the right time to take my final bow. It's a daunting prospect and one I am preparing seriously for. I want this to be a night to remember in every way... tears, laughter and lots of rock and roll. This has been my life. Nobody in the world rocks as hard as the Aussies...and from me that’s what they're gonna get...foot on the gas and go. So looking forward to this tour”

First saw Suzi on her first tour, second show. First show had a large number of biker patrons, no problems but Organisers wanted MORE SECURITY pronto and approached the Karate Club I had been attending for maybe six months, upshot I attended the show, placed at foot of centre stage with an official SECURITY tee shirt. Could have grabbed Suzi's ankles at any time. I was very observant, of every contour and contortion of Suzi's leather jump-suits that is, both the black and silver versions. At some time during the show this huge monster of a biker tapped me on the shoulder and said, "don't worry if any trouble I've got your back" I quickly got back to the job at hand. I was 16 or 17 and can't believe forty years have passed

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.