Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

thanks waffles Options
spanner1
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 10:18:02 PM
Groups: Member

Waffles thanks for the pleasure of your company for the majority of the fest. It was also good to meet Loneranger, Dr. Wildare et al. Sorry i missed you Cuter. Particularly enjoyed spotting all the graduate dancers from the Elaine Bennis Dance Academy with Waffles with special mention to that family at the Jambalaya Mule set. I am still smiling at that one Waffles. All in all enjoyed this year but struggled Sun/Mon to really fill in my dance card at times. It is my belief there have been stronger line-ups in recent years.
Thought the big drive in screens were a laugh with people setting up chairs facing away from the artists on stage to watch them on screen. Why not just stay home save your money and buy the dvd. Also hated the dickheads in indian head dress and tall Dr.Zuess hats especially down the front of stage where they blocked all and sundry behind them. Someone should inform the merchants how culturally insensitive and inappropriate it is to market indigenous american head dress for entertainment purposes. This was about my 20th bluesfest this year and I am undecided about returning again. I would like to see some fresh talent or artists who have not been for a long time. May be considering a move to smaller fests like Narooma and Blue Mountains where with much smaller crowds you get much better access to artists.
Wishing all posters a great year ahead and hopefully will catch up with some of you next year. Thought Beth Hart the best in show and like Waffles really liked the artistry and integrity of Foy Vance. Oh and my niece Kate Miller Heidke laid em in the ailes at Crossroads Sat. arvo.
on on
spanner
bambambam
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:07:24 AM

spanner1 wrote:
Oh and my niece Kate Miller Heidke laid em in the ailes at Crossroads Sat. arvo.

Her set was one of the highlights for us, Hope to catch up with you next year spanner,
I held off buying tickets last year untill the third announcement. (costs us an extra 500 dollars)
Truth is, someone is always announced that you really want to see, in my case it was the Paladins.
I thought this was the best one yet, (I think I'm up to fifteen) but music can be very subjective,

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
bucetti1
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:41:56 AM

Kate remains the best performance of the festival for me.
It was astonishing and told her so at the signing.
She is a must see act .
I saw peoples jaws on the floor in awe of her talent.
I hope she returns next year.

When they go low-we go high.
spanner1
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 11:12:27 AM

cheers bucetti and bambambam- I am very privileged to have her as family and hope to see her later this year in new york performing in an opera at the Met. I see her perform regularly but thought she was spectacular at crossroads this year. She is a young woman destined for greatness i believe. Would like to catch up with you guys next time if i come. Pretty sure i will go to Narooma this year.Keep an eye for the beards national tour where her husband and guitarist keir nutall is the support as his alter ego Franky Walnut who is pretty bloody funny.
on on
spanner
bucetti1
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 11:27:42 AM

Dear Mr Spanner,
Next time you see Kate, could you please ask her to include Canberra on her tour/tours without fail.
I did at the signing but as you are family you have greater influence.
She is destined for great great things.You should be very proud.

When they go low-we go high.
spanner1
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 10:03:55 AM

bucetti1 wrote:
Dear Mr Spanner,
Next time you see Kate, could you please ask her to include Canberra on her tour/tours without fail.
I did at the signing but as you are family you have greater influence.
She is destined for great great things.You should be very proud.
will do and sure am proud thanks