Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Thank yous Options
Winston
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:52:57 AM
Groups: Member

As a first time visitor to this incredible festival, I just wanted to send out some thanks too all those who shaped my experience!

Firstly to Peter Noble and the incredible staff and volunteers, what an incredible effort to put on such a well run, well attended event. Every interaction I had with a member of the staff was first class!

To the police and security, thank you for being seen but not heard.

To the Virgin mobile crew who kept my phone going strong during the festival hours, congrats on always being so friendly and accommodating, especially when some folks were treating you like a right, not a privilege.

The staff in the lost and found, for assisting me when my keys went walkabout!

To my campsite neighbours who provided great company, many laughs and kept my phone charged when the festival gates were shut!

To the food vendors who kept me well fed!

To (I hope I don't forget anyone...) Waffles, Glenboss, Littlewillie, Bambambam, and Dr Kildare for making a first time visitor feel like a festival veteran at the meet and greet!

And finally, to the following acts, in no particular order of preference, who, if I watched for as little as 5 minutes, or stayed for full sets, all shaped my incredible festival experience.

Zane Carney, Beth Hart, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, John Mayer, Daniel Champagne, Hat Fitz & Cara, Rockwiz, Steve Earle & the Dukes, Joss Stone, Allen Stone, Buddy Guy, Gary Clark Jnr, Nikki Hill, The Paladins, Lime Cordiale, Kate Miller-Heidke, Jimmie Vaughan, Devon Allman, Gov't Mule, John Butler Trio, The Beards, Kasey Chambers, Troy Cassar-Daley, Passenger, Ozomatli, Robben Ford, Sly, Robbie & the Taxi Gang, Shaun Kirk, War, Booker T Jones, Foy Vance, Jason Isbell and Dave Matthews Band!

I hope I can make it back in 2015 to do it all again!
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:31:01 PM

Would like to add my thanks as well to.
All those workers who were again so helpful with keeping me mobile over the 5 days.
Thanks for both storing & charging my wheels - big thumbs up to Marty & others.
Plus the lady working @ the bus line on Thursday for retuning my lighter(has sentimental value that can't be replaced)
Also a very big thanks to the taxi driver who made sure I got my wallet back with every thing in it on we'd, he & I were just saying what an honest bunch they were & he proved it in his own way-very grateful.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
Space5279
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:34:21 PM

say that again?

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:40:06 PM

c0kebloke wrote:
Would like to add my thanks as well to.
All those workers who were again so helpful with keeping me mobile over the 5 days.
Thanks for both storing & charging my wheels - big thumbs up to Marty & others.
Plus the lady working @ the bus line on Thursday for retuning my lighter(has sentimental value that can't be replaced)
Also a very big thanks to the taxi driver who made sure I got my wallet back with every thing in it on we'd, he & I were just saying what an honest bunch they were & he proved it in his own way-very grateful.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
bambambam
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:36:52 PM

The bar has been raised so high with this years festival in terms of artists being in the right place at the right time,
Practically every artist I saw seemed to be having the perfect gig, everyone was going off, I couldn't take it all in.

I seriously don't believe that this one will ever be topped, I think Bluesfest Management simply grabbed all the very best
musicians who are performing live today and put them all in one place, this was a muso's music festival.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
glenboss
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:15:21 PM

Winston wrote:
As a first time visitor to this incredible festival, I just wanted to send out some thanks too all those who shaped my experience!

Firstly to Peter Noble and the incredible staff and volunteers, what an incredible effort to put on such a well run, well attended event. Every interaction I had with a member of the staff was first class!

To the police and security, thank you for being seen but not heard.

To the Virgin mobile crew who kept my phone going strong during the festival hours, congrats on always being so friendly and accommodating, especially when some folks were treating you like a right, not a privilege.

The staff in the lost and found, for assisting me when my keys went walkabout!

To my campsite neighbours who provided great company, many laughs and kept my phone charged when the festival gates were shut!

To the food vendors who kept me well fed!

To (I hope I don't forget anyone...) Waffles, Glenboss, Littlewillie, Bambambam, and Dr Kildare for making a first time visitor feel like a festival veteran at the meet and greet!

And finally, to the following acts, in no particular order of preference, who, if I watched for as little as 5 minutes, or stayed for full sets, all shaped my incredible festival experience.

Zane Carney, Beth Hart, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, John Mayer, Daniel Champagne, Hat Fitz & Cara, Rockwiz, Steve Earle & the Dukes, Joss Stone, Allen Stone, Buddy Guy, Gary Clark Jnr, Nikki Hill, The Paladins, Lime Cordiale, Kate Miller-Heidke, Jimmie Vaughan, Devon Allman, Gov't Mule, John Butler Trio, The Beards, Kasey Chambers, Troy Cassar-Daley, Passenger, Ozomatli, Robben Ford, Sly, Robbie & the Taxi Gang, Shaun Kirk, War, Booker T Jones, Foy Vance, Jason Isbell and Dave Matthews Band!

I hope I can make it back in 2015 to do it all again!

Nicely put - I'd agree with all of that
bucetti1
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:22:13 PM

Dear Winston.
Well posted.I hope you get there next year.

When they go low-we go high.