Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Fold up chairs Options
phobkirk
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:23:48 PM
Groups: Member

A big plus for the solution this year. The plastic chairs offered somewhere to rest periodically between boogie bouts. The extra space available because of the no chairs in tents was great.

Well done, this was a real improvement.

We left the chairs in the car this year as they weren't needed. It was great not having the hassle of lugging them around.
BigKahuna
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:33:48 PM

where is ol mate greybeard :)

mpember
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:50:05 PM

At Deni I saw a couple with chairs so bulky that the storage bags had luggage wheels on them.
skot20_58
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:14:44 PM

Greybeard is currently on the blues fest site in the mojo tent up the front in his fold up chair listening to a record player with headphones on. They felt sorry for the bloke and let him live his dream of sitting front and centre on a chair in the way. Top stuff bluesfest looking after the punters by not allowing him to indulge during the fest. I didn't encounter a single verbal or physical stoush over a chair or receive an injury trying to enjoy the music. Best bluesfest yet :)

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:19:34 PM

I thought all the people sitting up in the back in rows of fixed white plastic chairs looked sad and kind of silly ... but apparently you could see the stage and screens well from there so good for them.
BigKahuna
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:42:58 PM

sunday and monday i had a chair, sat just outside the side of the tent. it was great

when i wanted to dance, i got up :)

c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:37:11 AM

Could have done with one tonight after the pubs shut in byron .....cabs were slow.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
pod2006
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:25:13 AM

I sat in a vacant fold up chair to the LHS of Jambalaya during The Soul Rebels on Saturday; and then during greg allman at Crossroads. Thankyou to the anonymous owners from the bottom of my feet.
Whilst I generally agree the chair solutions were excellent, it still needs tweaking as access and egress in the dark from the LHS of Crossroads was an accident waiting to happen. A bloc of chairs that was immovable during the big attractions to that tent.
sunnys
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 2:41:08 PM

First year we didn't take chairs, sat on a white ones for a while when we needed to about Sunday. They seemed to work well, you need some chairs for people and these are better than fold up ones and take less space. Would have liked a few white chairs around the back of the juke joint as down that end there was nothing at all to sit on unless you bought food. Maybe even hay bails around fence line might work.
glenboss
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:16:42 PM

Congratulations Bluesfest. You solution to the chair problem was nothing short of brilliant. How easy was it to walk into any of those tents. How easy was it to actually sit down on a chair if you felt the need. I really think you have solved the problem long term. Now you just need to work on the big hat problem.
eileenk9
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 12:40:17 PM

Oh and I still took my fold up chair and was fine with not being able to take it into Mojo or Crossroads. Spent a lot of time chilling in front of the covered area at the very back of Mojo and could see everything on the screens near the stage as well as the one high up on the left hand side.
waffles
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:32:35 PM

big hats?
i say ban festival stalls selling indian headresses.
the only people i saw wearing them were determined everyone could see them by pushing to the front. especially in juke joint...as if it wasnt hard enough to see.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
littlewillie
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 3:10:42 PM

After the Doobie Bros finished on Friday night I watched a guy stack 3 white chairs together and tuck them under his arm as he casually made his way to the south exit. The security guard was scanning for people walking out with drinks. As he got closer to the security I could see the guard glance at him then scan back down the line looking for drinks. The guy with the chairs kept on walking and just as he was almost past the guard I could virtually see the see the cogs of recognition turning in the guards head and he put out his hand and grabbed a chair leg. The chair guy wouldn't let go . The guard started flashing his torch at some other security and yelling out help" in what sounded like a falsetto voice. The chair guy decided to let go. The chair guys mate waited patiently if not a little embarrassed outside the exit. When I asked the chair guys mate what was going on he said that's my dad , he's trying to get some chairs for the campsite. Then the chair guy came over and said we only wanted some chairs for the campsite, not sure how we were going to get them on the plane back to New Zealand though.

only at Bluesfest!
Brettjack
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 10:47:38 PM

I think the Great Chair Troubles have been fairly successfully addressed, with ample co-operation and minimal mutinous rebellion from the punters. First year in a long time you've been able to enter the back of Mojo and walk down to the front instead of having to duck down the side and in at the front. I like that - well done and thank you, folks.
Now if we can just get that ridiculous joke of a CD sales and artist signing area back to what it's been for the past umpty years I'll have next to nothing to complain about (I've given up on drinks price gouging...)

There is no "good" or "bad" music - there is just music.
Live and let live!