Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Kate Miller Heidke Review Options
spanner1
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 12:45:37 AM
Groups: Member

Alert (must declare my pecuniary interest as family) Well I have been in the presence of greatness watching Kate Miller Heidke perform over the past two nights in Brisbane with her astonishing musical accompaniment by Keir Nuttall and John Rogers who are immensely talented in their own right. Kate proved to a mesmerised and adoring group of fans old and new that she truly is the pre-eminent female artist in the country without peer. There are lots of great female singers in Australia including Emma Dean and Megan Washington contemporaries of Kate whom I have recently seen. Both are fabulous and amazing performers. But at the end of the day none in Australia can do what Kate can with the power and vocal range of 3-4 octaves she commands.

Kate is at the peak of her powers and her stage presence is second to none. She swoons and soars to extremes that leave you incredulous. I love that she is part of my family but what I love most is the unbridled joy she gives me as a mad and devoted live music enthusiast. She never fails to make me weep tears of joy in her performance and did not miss me again tonight. Her tortured tribute to Chrissie Amphlett doing "Jealous " would make Chrissie smile and her Beyonce tribute would probably make Beyonce laugh.

Thank you Kate, Keir and John for filling my soul with joy tonight. Thanks to to you crazy punters that appreciate her as I do - you know who you are. See you again tomorrow for round 2 at the Tivoli. Seriously if you have not got a ticket for tonights performance Sun 6th be there or be somewhere else. This is an act not to be missed.
Keir will soon be touring nationally with the Beards as his alter ego Franky Walnut which will be a very entertaining gig.
Do try and see this remarkable young woman and her incredible accompanying musicians. Nuttall is a marvellous guitarist who spent 7 years studying jazz at the Conservatorium in Qld and Rogers who is an award winning multi -insrumentalist who has to be heard to be believed. They will go off at 1.20 in Mojo Sat. afternoon. If you have not seen this act recently you might well find they are your new best discovery of the fest. Enjoy I know I will. Be happy to introduce you to Kate to buy her a beer after the gig.
bucetti1
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 5:51:00 AM

What a great post.
Thank you.

When they go low-we go high.
Flegal08
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 7:14:14 AM

Hi Spanner,

We had Kate on our must see list, you have just reinforced our decison.
Great Post. See you at the fest.
bambambam
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 7:15:21 AM

Amazing artists both of them.
Unmissable set,,,

Oh Vertigo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DnawTmCsvjI

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
spanner1
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 5:10:38 PM

Cheers flegall and bambambam will catch you up the front of mojo early sat afternoon in what will be a delightful intro to the day ahead.I guarantee you will not be disappointed by this trio -and Passenger could make a surprise appearance as he does a duo on her new record.
littlewillie
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:15:07 PM

I've seen Kate a few times and she's always excellent. She should be at BF every year I reckon.
Winston
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 7:11:00 PM

KMH is on my list to see as well. I missed her once before in Melbourne as I was too sick to attend so I'm excited to be able to finally cross her off my list of artists to see at Bluesfest.
spanner1
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:16:42 PM

Cheers littlewillie and Winston -she will blow you away i am sure. They are a very talented trio and hope they pull the crowd she deserves. You won't be disappointed and a great way to start the weekend at bluesfest. Hopefully see you Friday at the meet and greet at Jambalaya.
Winston
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 1:42:21 PM

Not afraid to admit that I welled up during that version of Caught In The Crowd! Such an incredible song!
bucetti1
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 9:18:03 PM

At this stage,Kate is the best/most astonishing performer I have seen at this festival.
I am happy that I told her so at the cd signing.
Just brilliant Australian talent.

When they go low-we go high.
bambambam
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:07:02 AM

bucetti1 wrote:
At this stage,Kate is the best/most astonishing performer I have seen at this festival.
I am happy that I told her so at the cd signing.
Just brilliant Australian talent.

Ditto :)

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
waffles
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:28:53 AM

incredible rapport,great sense of humour and an unbelievable voice.a great performance!!Applause

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
glenboss
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:32:16 PM

What a voice she has !!!!!. Only saw half her show but thoroughly enjoyed it.
madameshawshank
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 9:56:56 PM

goosebumps....plus the wonder of Keir Nuttall and his guitar....Kate's a real treat...a joy....
spanner1
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 7:48:09 AM

waffles wrote:
incredible rapport,great sense of humour and an unbelievable voice.a great performance!!Applause
you had to say this waffles or i would have got you excommunicated from the forum and sacked you as my new best bf buddy. Cheers mate she was bloody good
spanner1
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 8:07:34 AM

glenboss wrote:
great to meet you and the boys prefest glen boss sorry i didn't get to catch you at the fest. it must be really nice to go to fest with your lovely boys for company.
glenboss
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:42:01 PM

spanner1 wrote:
glenboss wrote:
great to meet you and the boys prefest glen boss sorry i didn't get to catch you at the fest. it must be really nice to go to fest with your lovely boys for company.

I'm really glad we caught up with you for dinner on the Wednesday night beforehand Spanner1. With regard to going to Bluesfest with my 2 boys, we really have a lot of fun and when we're not watching the shows, we seem to spend have our time laughing. On top of that they turn me on to some of their music and I turn them on to some of mine. Shows like Edward Sharpe I would have missed if not for them.