Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Happy Fest!! Options
repete
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 2:46:24 AM
Groups: Member

Hi y'all...hope it's a fantastic bluesfest for everyone and here's to fine weather! Great to hear that Lucinda's still in fine form and just warming up for the fest. I feel really confident she's gonna be one of the major highlights.

Hey Sharleen, New Orleans is just sparkling, although Bourbon still has that glorious aromatic mix of disinfectant and vomit. It's been freezing cold here the past two days, although should warm up tomorrow. BB King cancelled (bummer) but saw Rebirth Brass Band last night at the Maple Leaf and they were fantastic. Good to see Phil Frazier recovered from his stroke and playing again with the band, althought there was another guy on sousaphone as back up (the two sousaphones together gave them a really powerful bassline). Hey Peter...next year for a funky brass band???

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
Sharleen7
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 8:55:41 AM
Groups: Member

Amen to the fine weather for Bluesfest! We're heading down tomorrow and taking our wet weather gear in the hope that if we're prepared, we won't need it. We're really looking forward to 3 days of damn fine music!

Glad to hear New Orleans is looking good. I know what you mean about Bourbon Street - a friend of mine who is a N'awlins native once told me, "There's only 2 kinda smells around here, the funk & the gar-baage!"

Sorry you didn't get to see B.B. - that's a real shame - I know you were really looking forward to his show. But as you know, in New Orleans, there's always some good music going on somewhere!

EXCESS in Moderation
HowlinBindog
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 9:09:48 AM
Groups: Guest

WOOHOO