Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The National @ Brisbane Riverstage Options
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:37:03 PM

Groups: Member

Heading to this gig tonight.
Really looking forward to it.

Any other forum members going?

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
skot20_58
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:40:36 PM

Don't forget your pillow...... :)

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
Space5279
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:50:13 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
Don't forget your pillow...... :)

Angel

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
mgwfall
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:43:37 AM

Don't know if this has been posted but Saturday's gig at Opera House Forecourt (was there, was v v good), was live streamed & is up on youtube (may just stay there for a month)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3qS7hKoOR4&list=PLV-8xdZpfbFISVFPvm8HW5Xdb05kX_f3I
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:11:51 AM

I'm so surprised you want to dance with me now, I was just getting used to living life without you around!

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
spanner1
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:17:06 PM

mgwfall wrote:
Don't know if this has been posted but Saturday's gig at Opera House Forecourt (was there, was v v good), was live streamed & is up on youtube (may just stay there for a month)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3qS7hKoOR4&list=PLV-8xdZpfbFISVFPvm8HW5Xdb05kX_f3I
watched this set and it bored me to tears. Obviously better live. A music buddy enjoyed their set in brisbane, but i have told him it will be quickly forgotten when he sees Govt. Mule at BF.
davidmoses
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:03:16 AM

Went to both Sydney shows - outstanding musicians playing incredible songs in a beautiful location. Would love to see them play Bluesfest one day...
Space5279
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:29:48 PM

spanner1 wrote:
A music buddy enjoyed their set in brisbane, but i have told him it will be quickly forgotten when he sees Govt. Mule at BF.

Damn straight!!:d/

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
anitra
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:22:14 PM

I saw the Brisbane show and it was superlative. They are such elegantly skilled musicians that the show was outstanding. Over two hours of musical bliss for me. What's the point of comparing them with Govt Mule? Totally different acts. I admire Govt Mule, but hugely prefer The National.
spanner1
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 8:54:24 PM

anitra wrote:
I saw the Brisbane show and it was superlative. They are such elegantly skilled musicians that the show was outstanding. Over two hours of musical bliss for me. What's the point of comparing them with Govt Mule? Totally different acts. I admire Govt Mule, but hugely prefer The National.
I wasn't comparing for com parings sake, I merely stated that after watching the video of their recent Sydney performance I found it rather boring and prefer my music upbeat like the Mule. My musician friend found them uplifting as well.
anitra
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 5:57:34 PM

Fair enough. I actually watched the whole of the stream of the Sydney Opera House show, and I don't know whether it was the the sound recording or what... But it didn't come close to conveying the quality of the live show i saw in Brisbane. I thought Matt's voice sounded thin and sometimes missing notes in that recording, whereas we actually commented on how powerful and studio quality immaculate the sound was, both vocals and instruments, for a live show, in Brisbane. I danced and sang my heart out for over two hours amongst a crowd of pretty rapt fellow fans.
spanner1
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 8:53:06 PM

anitra wrote:
Fair enough. I actually watched the whole of the stream of the Sydney Opera House show, and I don't know whether it was the the sound recording or what... But it didn't come close to conveying the quality of the live show i saw in Brisbane. I thought Matt's voice sounded thin and sometimes missing notes in that recording, whereas we actually commented on how powerful and studio quality immaculate the sound was, both vocals and instruments, for a live show, in Brisbane. I danced and sang my heart out for over two hours amongst a crowd of pretty rapt fellow fans.
Glad you had such a great time- such is the beauty and joy that music can bring.