Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

WALTER TROUT Options
waffles
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2014 9:03:46 AM
Groups: Member

good thoughts and get well wishes go out to walter trout who is crook but on the mend.hopefully well enough to come to oz so we can give him some love and appreciation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hqnh1lsdXw

the usual walter..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSbZBZjIDVI&list=RDSYEWqmcKkQk

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
Space5279
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2014 10:08:57 AM

This from his Facebook page

Quote:
Walter is in the hospital. This is from Walter's wife, Marie: "Please send loving thoughts and prayers to Walter. He is severely dehydrated, and his electrolytes are dangerously out of balance. He should be better once the balance is restored - it will take a few days in the hospital. Also, we are now waiting for the third week in a row for a decision from his health insurance company to decide whether they will pay for a new wonder drug that should be able to cure Walter's condition. If you could send some positive energy in that direction too? That the insurance company will approve the medication: Each pill costs $ 1,000 - a full treatment is $90,000! Walter will benefit from your thoughts, prayers and consideration. Thank you. And please do not call Walter. He needs to rest. Write your comments here. We will post updates here as things unfold."

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
rstroud
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2014 8:34:32 PM

Latest post from Walter's wife is better:

Another note from Marie, Walter's wife: "Thank you, thank you to all of you. We are absolutely blown away by your love and support for Walter. This has been an overwhelming response from you all, and each good wish posted by you since yesterday has been read by Walter - and it has warmed his heart! Now a bit of good news: Walter is just now home from the hospital this afternoon in time to watch some of the Super Bowl (his annual football game watching ritual)... He is somewhat improved after two days on IV's and constant monitoring at the hospital - disaster averted for now. To keep him stable and get him the very expensive treatment to get rid of the underlying condition is now front and center of our focus. Thanks for the loving thoughts and prayers. They help... they really do. We are both grateful to be surrounded by your love!"
Space5279
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:20:39 AM

Latest post from Walter's Facebook page:

Quote:
I haven't been on here for a while. My wife, Marie has been doing all the posts. I figured it was about time I let you all know that I am now a week into my treatment. I seem to tolerate the treatment well and so far experienced minimal side effects. I am very thankful to be on this treatment and am maintaining my confidence that it will work. I want you all to know that I have been incredibly moved --- overwhelmed really --- by the show of love and support you have all given to me as I go through these tough times. Your positive energy, thoughts, and prayers have worked! I thank you deeply for this. I will continue with periodic postings to let you know how it is going. And once again: A heart-felt thanks!

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery but I have a feeling we may not be seeing Walter at Bluesfest.

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
bucetti1
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 4:44:03 PM

What a great shame.
Beautiful guitarist.

When they go low-we go high.
waffles
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 5:54:12 PM

while i know bluesfest supports many charities,do you think something could be done to raise some funds for walters liver transplant? i feel we should help him in his hour of need.

as if you didnt have enough to do.

bambambam
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 5:25:54 PM

This is quite amazing really,

When I first clicked on the website list for Walter, they had around 18,000 in donations.
I just checked it then and they now have 118,000 (100,000 in just under five days)
They have not yet met their goal of 125,000 however, so there is still an opportunity to give.
But this generous response could save Walter's life, by speeding up the whole process.

I have seen this personally as my good friend and Musician Bernie, was on the waiting list here in Australia
and he caught the flu, and within a week, Que Sera Sera. (so time is definately of the essence)

Fantastic news but still time to give.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
waffles
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 7:13:04 PM

Applause Applause Applause

bucetti1
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 7:20:42 PM

Correct Mr Waffles,
There are no words good enough regarding this latest story.

c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 4:35:14 AM

Good news. http://youtu.be/t-WMKO1gLk0
Walter Trout has undergone a liver transplant at last - and wife Marie reports he's doing well after the life-saving surgery. He's been on the waiting list since it was reported in March that he had 90 days to live unless the operation took place.
Marie reports: "Walter made it through the surgery with an A+. They are now just watching and cleaning up. Heart and lungs held up great. New liver was a 'great fit' and is doing well. Dr Mercer confirmed that they rocked out to Walter's music throughout the surgery!
I just hope a good friend of mine has the same luck....fingers crossed.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
bucetti1
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 6:08:05 AM

Thank God.
Wishing your friend well also.

littlewillie
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 6:22:00 AM

Great news.

Hope he's well enough to travel next year.
repete
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 10:52:34 AM

c0kebloke wrote:
Good news. http://youtu.be/t-WMKO1gLk0
Walter Trout has undergone a liver transplant at last - and wife Marie reports he's doing well after the life-saving surgery. He's been on the waiting list since it was reported in March that he had 90 days to live unless the operation took place.
Marie reports: "Walter made it through the surgery with an A+. They are now just watching and cleaning up. Heart and lungs held up great. New liver was a 'great fit' and is doing well. Dr Mercer confirmed that they rocked out to Walter's music throughout the surgery!
I just hope a good friend of mine has the same luck....fingers crossed.

This is great news...best wishes for his recovery. Best wishes for your friend too, Lawrence. I have a friend who had the same procedure last year and he's doing fine now.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen