Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Camping and carparking Options
dhoney
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 10:05:25 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/23/2013
Posts: 6
Points: 18
Happy New Year everyone

I'd appreciate some advice from people who have camped at Bluesfest and left their car in the carpark for daily use.

We are camping for 5 days and want to have the flexibility of being able to use our car on a daily basis when we want rather than having to wait for a bus. Have others done this? (it would only be in the mornings to go for a swim/breakfast/shop etc). I assume that we will have to pay a fee each time we enter the carpark (or is there a festival carpark pass that I can get?). Does anyone know what the carpark fee is?

Any advice would be helpful.
katieforfree
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 4:20:46 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/8/2009
Posts: 120
Points: 199
Location: Northern Rivers
No carpark fee. Can come and go as you please, but bait of a walk to car park unless you can use the south car park.
dhoney
Posted: Sunday, January 05, 2014 8:11:42 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/23/2013
Posts: 6
Points: 18
Thanks Katie.

That's great to hear.

For the flexibility that it will give, a walk will be nothing.
spacejunky
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 7:32:48 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/28/2009
Posts: 82
Points: 176
the rules said you couldnt take your car out of the camp area....but everyone came and went as they pleased!..no drama's no problems
:d/
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 7:50:56 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,859
Points: 9,360
Location: 46* South
spacejunky wrote:
the rules said you couldnt take your car out of the camp area....but everyone came and went as they pleased!..no drama's no problems:d/

Interesting revelation.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
bambambam
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 9:44:39 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 812
Points: 1,303
Location: Gold Coast
I personally would leave the car at the campsite and catch the bus,
Heaps of buses coming and going, and in the morning not very busy at all.
Also, leaving your car at the campsite enables you to lock up your stuff. (just in case)
And I wouldn't trust being able to leave each day either because security might decide not to let you back in. (their call, not yours)
Its true that they have been pretty good about it, but not too many people have taken advantage of it so that could change.
Also, It can be a real hassle even getting your car out once all the tents are up, (forces people to take down bits of their camp.)

Sorry to seem a bit negative, you honestly wont need the car at all...
Happy Bluesfest :)




Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
rstroud
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 10:26:15 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/24/2009
Posts: 261
Points: 564
bambambam wrote:
I personally would leave the car at the campsite and catch the bus,
Heaps of buses coming and going, and in the morning not very busy at all.
Also, leaving your car at the campsite enables you to lock up your stuff. (just in case)
And I wouldn't trust being able to leave each day either because security might decide not to let you back in. (their call, not yours)
Its true that they have been pretty good about it, but not too many people have taken advantage of it so that could change.
Also, It can be a real hassle even getting your car out once all the tents are up, (forces people to take down bits of their camp.)

Sorry to seem a bit negative, you honestly wont need the car at all...
Happy Bluesfest :)




This is a worry. It relates to the concerns of consistency of how BF punters are treated at point of entry. I am now up to my 6th Bluesfest and I am concerned about how we are treated at point of entry. I've seen young kids having 3 cans of VB removed from their esky then finding out from hanging out onsite that "good ol' boys" have had six whole slabs through. This is the reality, I am not being difficult, I understand where BF is coming from across the board. Please be consistent and fair and this relates to leaving and returning from the BF site each day of BF.

Rod S
cushlamay
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 10:33:50 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2012
Posts: 70
Points: 219
You can't take your car in and out of the camping area...end of story.
Leave your car in the south car park and come and go from there, no drama.
mpember
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 10:50:46 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/16/2008
Posts: 559
Points: -300
cushlamay wrote:
You can't take your car in and out of the camping area...end of story.
Leave your car in the south car park and come and go from there, no drama.


That is not accurate. You CAN bring your car into the camping area. You just can't come and go at will. You can enter at the start of your bluesfest experience and exit at the end. I know that some have been lucky enough to be let back in after leaving during the weekend. As has been mentioned, this is not something that is guaranteed and should not be expected.
nickgardiner
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 12:56:01 PM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/4/2011
Posts: 1
Points: 3
We do exactly the same every year , ie set up camp then leave a vehicle out in the carpark. No worries coming and going and its great to hit the many beaches and cafes around the area after a hard night rockin out .
cushlamay
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 5:21:11 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2012
Posts: 70
Points: 219
mpember wrote:
cushlamay wrote:
You can't take your car in and out of the camping area...end of story.
Leave your car in the south car park and come and go from there, no drama.


That is not accurate. You CAN bring your car into the camping area. You just can't come and go at will. You can enter at the start of your bluesfest experience and exit at the end. I know that some have been lucky enough to be let back in after leaving during the weekend. As has been mentioned, this is not something that is guaranteed and should not be expected.



Of course you can take it in...did you not read the ops original question which was what I was replying to. They want to use their car to come and go...so they need to leave it in the car park
Geez you guys are pedantic
mpember
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 5:58:50 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/16/2008
Posts: 559
Points: -300
cushlamay wrote:
did you not read the ops original question which was what I was replying to.


Are you talking about the post from over 12 months ago? If so, then you would have to admit that it is not too much of a stretch for me to have assumed that you were responding to any of the more recent posts where people had suggested that it was possible.

This is where quoting comes in handy. The use of quotes makes it very clear which comment you are responding to and avoids confusion.
bambambam
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 6:07:01 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 812
Points: 1,303
Location: Gold Coast
That's absolutely incorrect, I cant believe you could say such a thing.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
bambambam
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 6:08:26 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 812
Points: 1,303
Location: Gold Coast
katieforfree wrote:
No carpark fee. Can come and go as you please, but bait of a walk to car park unless you can use the south car park.

I mean the word is BIT not BAIT



Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.116 seconds.