Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Raising of tents for the wet Options
shezza
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:20:54 AM
Groups: Guest

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Byron that you can hire pallets to raise your tents for the wet, like has been suggested? I have seen this done before down at Crecent Head....

Anyone have any idea what else could be used? Im at a loss.....looks like were all just going to get wet :( haha....
fuschia_chick1
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 11:05:08 AM
Groups: Member

dont know how it would work but what about that foam jigsaw stuff that you use for kids?
pnoble
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 11:41:31 AM
Groups: Administration

try camp stretchers - they will keep you off the ground - it is unlikely it is going to dry out in time for fest
Best
peter Noble
director
BRandall
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 11:57:06 AM

shezza wrote:
Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Byron that you can hire pallets to raise your tents for the wet, like has been suggested? I have seen this done before down at Crecent Head....

Anyone have any idea what else could be used? Im at a loss.....looks like were all just going to get wet :( haha....

Hey Shezza, why don't you go around the industrial estate and ask some of the business owners in there if they have any pallets that you can have. Sometimes there are pallets that are non-returnable and just become a nuisance to get rid of. I have about 20 of them in my loading dock in Brizzie if you wanna come all the way up here : )
greybeard
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:02:04 PM

Quote:
Sometimes there are pallets that are non-returnable and just become a nuisance to get rid of.

For this reason you should check first if operators want this hassle.
Accept the free mud packs.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
richo
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:36:52 PM

Inflatable mattresses are the way to go. No matter how high the water gets you're always above it.... at least until you get a leak.

I was last in Byron just before the recent deluge so by no means take this as gospel, but I can't see the ground being too muddy just yet. If your tent's base can't handle a damp/waterlogged ground then your easiest option would be to just get yourself a new tent -- something that'll get you through the weekend (and beyond if you're lucky) from Anaconda or BCF is about $50 these days.
shezza
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 10:31:53 AM
Groups: Guest

Thanks for the suggestions :) Its a lovely sunny day today so it may not be as bad as first thought - i ended up with a pair of gumboots, a poncho and my fingers crosssed.....see you all there tomorrow!! YAY! xx
waz
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:01:47 PM

Perhaps you could dig a moat around the outside of your site lol