Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

AJ Maddah Options
skot20_58
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:36:50 AM
Groups: Member

This guy has got to be a joke right? I mean he's the most unprofessional person I've ever heard about.

Blur cancelling there bdo shows has got to be him surely?
I tell you one thing he's surely gonna make me think twice about purchasing any tickets of any festival in Australia until the last minute.
I simply cannot trust the festival scene.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
skot20_58
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:44:37 AM

Thank The Lord he has nothing to do with bring out the stones......

Dear Skot,
skot20_58
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:21:12 AM

skot20_58 wrote:
This guy has got to be a joke right? I mean he's the most unprofessional person I've ever heard about.

Blur cancelling there bdo shows has got to be him surely?
I tell you one thing he's surely gonna make me think twice about purchasing any tickets of any festival in Australia until the last minute.
I simply cannot trust the festival scene.

Blues fest is exempt of this statement of course.

Dear Skot,
eileenk9
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 12:06:24 PM

Lots of furious people asking for refunds over on the Big Day Out FB page

This just came in.

http://m.fasterlouder.com.au/news/37736/BDO-to-announce-replacement-for-Blur

skot20_58
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 1:36:57 PM

eileenk9 wrote:
Lots of furious people asking for refunds over on the Big Day Out FB page

This just came in.

http://m.fasterlouder.com.au/news/37736/BDO-to-announce-replacement-for-Blur

I'm going either way have been for 11 years but adding AJ to the bdo was a bad move. He's a wanker. He publicly humiliates people when things don't go his way. I was keen to see blur but it's no big loss them not being there. I was super exited vista chino (Kyuss) are coming yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

Dear Skot,
BC1987
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 2:02:31 PM

shame blur have cancelled as they were one of the big names on the festival which a lot of people were hoping to see... I wasn't going for them but was going to see them while the pearl jam fans leave the carpark at the gold coast festival so my trip home isn't so long.

super excited for pearl jam, arcade fire, primus, vista chino, mudhoney & cosmic psychos. will be seeing the lumineers in Brisbane so don't need to worry about missing them as I did at bf earlier this year although I could hear them clearly from mojo during the sound of silence haha.

hopefully all comes good for bdo & they have a successful 2014 festival.
skot20_58
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 3:56:24 PM

BC1987 wrote:
shame blur have cancelled as they were one of the big names on the festival which a lot of people were hoping to see... I wasn't going for them but was going to see them while the pearl jam fans leave the carpark at the gold coast festival so my trip home isn't so long.

super excited for pearl jam, arcade fire, primus, vista chino, mudhoney & cosmic psychos. will be seeing the lumineers in Brisbane so don't need to worry about missing them as I did at bf earlier this year although I could hear them clearly from mojo during the sound of silence haha.

Yea I mean them no harm I love the big day out so many memories. And I hope I can keep going until I'm 50.

Highlight blood duster "99" and Courtney loves norks of same year.....

Dear Skot,
eileenk9
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:29:25 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
BC1987 wrote:

Yea I mean them no harm I love the big day out so many memories. And I hope I can keep going until I'm 50.

There was an article going around a few weeks ago saying Big Day Out is in financial trouble and that 2014 will probably be their last.

skot20_58
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 8:01:41 AM

eileenk9 wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:
BC1987 wrote:

There was an article going around a few weeks ago saying Big Day Out is in financial trouble and that 2014 will probably be their last.

That Story has gone round each year for a while now. It might be true this year it may not be. I hope its not true. Big day out has attracted some knobs of crowds over the years but its getting better.

Dear Skot,
eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:59:01 AM

skot20_58 wrote:

That Story has gone round each year for a while now. It might be true this year it may not be. I hope its not true. Big day out has attracted some knobs of crowds over the years but its getting better.

Well I hope it's getting better because Big Day Out 2014 will be my first and probably my last. I am going there solely because Pearl Jam are headlining.
skot20_58
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:31:43 PM

eileenk9 wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:

Well I hope it's getting better because Big Day Out 2014 will be my first and probably my last. I am going there solely because Pearl Jam are headlining.

I imagine it will be a similar crowd to the soundgarden year lots of over 40's soundgarden era burnouts. Pretty tame crowd.

Dear Skot,
skot20_58
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:00:43 PM

http://m.fasterlouder.com.au/news/37763/Blurs-Big-Day-Out-cancellation-is-bizarre-says-former-music-promoter

As I suspected. It's got to be AJ's tomfoolery????

Dear Skot,
eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:13:47 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:

I imagine it will be a similar crowd to the soundgarden year lots of over 40's soundgarden era burnouts. Pretty tame crowd.

Sounds right up my alley then. Hopefuly all the drunk/drugged out teens and 20 somethings will go elsewhere during Pearl Jam's set. :)
eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 2:59:35 PM

Three new bands have been added to BDO lineup.

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2013/12/04/beady-eye-deftones-the-hives-join-big-day-out-2014/

Also Pearl Jam is going to be playing longer than their original 2 hour set.

littlewillie
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 3:18:33 PM

eileenk9 wrote:

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2013/12/04/beady-eye-deftones-the-hives-join-big-day-out-2014/

Now that the Hives have been added I might just be tempted .
skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 7:34:57 PM

littlewillie wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:

The hives have never once let me down. Great 4 chord rock! I'm happy with the anouncement

Dear Skot,
eileenk9
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2013 9:15:24 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
littlewillie wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:

The hives have never once let me down. Great 4 chord rock! I'm happy with the anouncement

Had never heard of them before actually. But as two people on here like them I will check them out.
richo
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2013 11:56:18 AM

The Hives put on one of the best shows out there. Great rock 'n roll and a stage performance that's firmly tongue in cheek. Definitely a welcome addition to the BDO lineup!
skot20_58
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2013 1:54:12 PM

richo wrote:
The Hives put on one of the best shows out there. Great rock 'n roll and a stage performance that's firmly tongue in cheek. Definitely a welcome addition to the BDO lineup!

A+++++

Dear Skot,