Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

blues on broadbeach Options
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:56:59 PM
Groups: Member

anyone got recommendations of who to see at broadbeach?
ive already pencilled in russell morris and the black sorrows.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:07:53 PM

Thanks for drawing this to my attention Waffles.
I will investigate the various artists.
Alison Penny & The Moneymakers played one year at Narooma...I thought she was fantastic.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
mgwfall
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:43:45 PM

Of acts I've seen before, Shaun Kirk, Mal Eastick, Minnie Marks, Phil Manning, Mason Rack, Ray Beadle, Hat Fitz & Cara. Also saw a bit of Lil Fi & The Dirty Rascals at Bluesfest & enjoyed.
ryangb
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:29:01 PM

Mason Rack, Hat Fitz and Cara and do whatever you have to to see Ray Beadle
ScottM
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:56:06 PM

Lachy Doley should be a nice change up, wth some funky keys...

I thought Hat Fitz and Cara were possibly in the best form I'd ever seen them at this past BF.... Cara looked absolutely badass with the eye patch, though I hope it isn't permanent after the car accident earlier in the year, or late last or whenever it was. Her voice was absolutely on point though.
spanner1
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:09:23 PM

waffles wrote:
anyone got recommendations of who to see at broadbeach?
ive already pencilled in russell morris and the black sorrows.
apart from your picks and others already mentioned, try not to miss mojo webb band, asa broomhall both of whom do great delta blues and mal eastic, phil emmanual (Better on electric than tommy) and phil manning for their guitar virtuosity and never miss ray beadle. Where shall i catch you up for a beer waffles and have you booked accommodation? I have always rated mojo webb as world class and destined for blues greatness.
waffles
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 7:43:08 AM

my travelling(read drinking)partner likes to be near the action-less distance to walk(read stumble)home. so hes booked us in the sofitel.
spanner,ill check the program re meeting spot.

we are only going sat-sun. so will miss mojo webb unfortunately. but love phil emmanuel-especially when he plays surf guitar.

spanner1
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:44:52 PM

waffles wrote:
my travelling(read drinking)partner likes to be near the action-less distance to walk(read stumble)home. so hes booked us in the sofitel.
spanner,ill check the program re meeting spot.

we are only going sat-sun. so will miss mojo webb unfortunately. but love phil emmanuel-especially when he plays surf guitar.
Hey Waffles just locked in my accommodation slumming it a bit up the road from you. You should also try to catch Andrew Winton (Tim the authors brother) a fabulous bottle neck slide player from WA and Kevin Borich acoustic. The Sunday supergroup sounds a hoot. Will talk sooner and give you my details so we can catch up for a beer. Any other BF regulars going to Broady?
waffles
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 3:33:51 PM

as kevin borich is playing in the sofitel-room 81,next to the foyer-from 12-3 on sat. about the time we check in usually i dare say he will be our first act.
the last few years he has been electric,ehich meant we had to use sign language with reception to book in.he was playing about 20 metres from the front desk.this year hes acoustic,it might be a tad easier. but i did like the whole chaos of it all.Anxious

spanner1
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 10:07:51 AM

waffles wrote:
as kevin borich is playing in the sofitel-room 81,next to the foyer-from 12-3 on sat. about the time we check in usually i dare say he will be our first act.
the last few years he has been electric,ehich meant we had to use sign language with reception to book in.he was playing about 20 metres from the front desk.this year hes acoustic,it might be a tad easier. but i did like the whole chaos of it all.Anxious
Waffles- decided to go upmarket and booked a room for 3 nights at Sofitel so ends up . we will be neighbours. Decided to take my 85 year old dad who coincidentally introduced me to jazz and blues all those years ago so i needed to be closer to the action for him. Looking forward to catching up for a beer. I will be at Kevin Borich wearing this years black BF shirt in the foyer as you are checking in. Are you aware of any other BF regulars attending this weekend?