Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Hip Hop hopps it Options
greybeard
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:15:26 PM

Groups: Member

Hip-hop festivals in disarray

Quote:
It started out as an embarrassment of riches for fans of hip-hop; not one but two rap bonanzas, each featuring some huge names in the field.

Sure, both Supafest 4 and the inaugural Movement Festival were to take place on the same days in Sydney (April 26), Melbourne (April 27) and Brisbane (April 28) but fans would at least get to choose between the classy, credible likes of Nas and 2 Chainz at Movement, and chart-conquering stars 50 Cent and T.I. at Supafest. Both festivals were also scheduled to visit Perth (Supafest on April 25 and Movement on April 30).

But now hip-hop fans will have to make alternative plans for their Anzac Day weekend. Movement has been cancelled and Supafest has been postponed until November.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/hiphop-festivals-in-disarray-20130418-2i1u5.html#ixzz2QoRHvG27

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
coppinafield19
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 6:55:10 PM
Groups: Member

greybeard wrote:
Hip-hop festivals in disarray

Quote:
It started out as an embarrassment of riches for fans of hip-hop; not one but two rap bonanzas, each featuring some huge names in the field.

Sure, both Supafest 4 and the inaugural Movement Festival were to take place on the same days in Sydney (April 26), Melbourne (April 27) and Brisbane (April 28) but fans would at least get to choose between the classy, credible likes of Nas and 2 Chainz at Movement, and chart-conquering stars 50 Cent and T.I. at Supafest. Both festivals were also scheduled to visit Perth (Supafest on April 25 and Movement on April 30).

But now hip-hop fans will have to make alternative plans for their Anzac Day weekend. Movement has been cancelled and Supafest has been postponed until November.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/hiphop-festivals-in-disarray-20130418-2i1u5.html#ixzz2QoRHvG27

Fully Hecsick