Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Camp chairs Options
waffles
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2015 3:20:44 PM
Groups: Member

last year the ushers were great. al the provided chairs had to stay inside the tents and everyone seemed happy.
many people took their own chairs and sat outside the tent perimeter and watched the big screens..which i hope are provided again this year.
a screen at delta would not be a bad idea also.as it gets pretty crowded there,and the artists on there this year should pull good crowds.
im trying to imagine THE BEAT getting a good crowd dancing to mirror in the bathroom :d/

saturday for me is crossroads most of the day. i will be adjacent to the disabled viewing area...just to the south and just outside the tent.not to far from a bar,a toilet and good view of the stage and a big screen.
hopefully joined by the unexiled spanner.
if you listen closely between sets you may hear our replacement knees creaking.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
cushlamay
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2015 4:10:40 PM

bluesfestadmin wrote:
Rule is basically - if chair capacity is full - and you need to leave - the chair is deemed vacant
Sometimes people mind chairs for a short time whilst people go to the bathroom - we think that's fine
However, should an usher see a chair vacant for any extended period - when at or near capacity, and someone claim they are minding the chair, - they will deem it vacant if requested by anyone to allow them to sit there.
Everyone needs to be co-operative.
However at the last festival - there were hardly any chair issues

thanks

thanks for the reply and thanks waffles too
djpetegordon0000
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 2:06:18 PM

Attention people in chairs...if you can't see because others are standing/dancing in front of you...TOO F'ING BAD :P

I get the need to sit for some time, but doing it right in front of the stages when so many others want to dance is just lame...it means your group of 4 people take up the space that 8-10 people standing would, it just forces people back and back and back and then you're always the type to get all shitty when someone stands/dances in front of you...MEH...so sorry, it's a concert, we gonna dance
djpetegordon0000
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 2:14:13 PM

bambambam wrote:
with technology and remote wireless, and computers and everything else available,
can't we move the mixing desks to the back of the stage????

Because a mixing desk needs to be in the "sweet spot" for the sound, where the speakers are most focused so they can hear what's going on...put them at the back and A) the will have to focus the sound to the back, which will mean shit sound for everyone or B) keep the sound focused where it needs to be for good sound, but have sound techs who can't hear what's going on to make necessary adjustments, also leading to shit sound

It's also where the lighting is run from, the lighting ops need to be in decent visual contact to the stage
djpetegordon0000
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 2:18:16 PM

bluesfestadmin wrote:
Rule is basically - if chair capacity is full - and you need to leave - the chair is deemed vacant
Sometimes people mind chairs for a short time whilst people go to the bathroom - we think that's fine
However, should an usher see a chair vacant for any extended period - when at or near capacity, and someone claim they are minding the chair, - they will deem it vacant if requested by anyone to allow them to sit there.

thanks

OK, so seating provided around Mojo and Crossroads and no portable seating in the tent...check, that's awesome...but what's the rules about portable seating at the other stages? I get that people need to sit for some of the time/day, but it's like people don't realise (or plum don't care) how much a room a group of seated people take up and plonk themselves right in the thick of it all, then get shitty at you when you stand/dance "in their way" like they own the place
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 2:33:22 PM

djpetegordon0000 wrote:
bluesfestadmin wrote:

thanks

OK, so seating provided around Mojo and Crossroads and no portable seating in the tent...check, that's awesome...but what's the rules about portable seating at the other stages? I get that people need to sit for some of the time/day, but it's like people don't realise (or plum don't care) how much a room a group of seated people take up and plonk themselves right in the thick of it all, then get shitty at you when you stand/dance "in their way" like they own the place

You are endeavouring to create controversy in regard to a problem which you have formulated in your own mind, that in reality does not exist.
The fixed chairs in Mojo and Crossroads worked excellently.
At the age of 60 if I felt the need to sit in a chair,I never had any problem finding one that was vacant.
As for chairs versus non chairs in the other tents.
It never has been a problem from my viewpoint as someone who has never taken a chair to Bluesfest.
Non chair versus chair people seem to respect each others space and it works out just fine.
If there is a chair,or someone sitting on the ground,I just walk around them.
No problem.
And if people want to sit in a chair and take up most of the Jambalaya rail,it is no big deal.
I just stand a row back.
No point creating aggro,as if you do,you don't enjoy the set..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdWjYuwTTrU
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 2:50:33 PM

djpetegordon0000 wrote:
Attention people in chairs...if you can't see because others are standing/dancing in front of you...TOO F'ING BAD :P

Those who occupy chairs at Bluesfest,are in my experience,mature and non-aggressive people.
In my personal experience,any aggro in fact comes from those who are not seated.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
djpetegordon0000
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 3:27:34 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
djpetegordon0000 wrote:

Those who occupy chairs at Bluesfest,are in my experience,mature and non-aggressive people.
In my personal experience,any aggro in fact comes from those who are not seated.

Because they don't realise how annoying they are to those wanting to dance..."ignorance is bliss" as they say hehe :P

I'm being hyperbolic and facetious btw, I'm not an aggro type who's going to be a dick about things...I've just seen lost of shots which look like a sea of chairs and no room for anyone to dance which worries me :D
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 3:49:28 PM

djpetegordon0000 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:
djpetegordon0000 wrote:

Because they don't realise how annoying they are to those wanting to dance..."ignorance is bliss" as they say hehe :P
I'm being hyperbolic and facetious btw, I'm not an aggro type who's going to be a dick about things...I've just seen lost of shots which look like a sea of chairs and no room for anyone to dance which worries me :D

May I ask how many times you have attended Bluesfest ?

waffles
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 6:19:26 PM

the chair issue is old hat,yesterdays news,past tense.
we have been there before and bluesfest listened and sorted the problem.
really we dont need the attitude or aggrevation all over again.
we have a lot of great acts to look forward to.

eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:57:04 AM

Just had a thought about BYO chair thing. We usually take a small camping chair each because we like to be able to sit down whenever and where ever we want (obviously not in front of the stages). I noticed last year all the allocated BYO chair areas were outside the tents only which was fine as we had lovely sunny weather. If it rains this year we are all screwed. Anxious
Space5279
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:40:06 AM

djpetegordon0000 wrote:
bluesfestadmin wrote:

thanks

Maybe BF should have a dance tent next year....then all the dancers will be happy too!

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:03:37 PM

eileenk9 wrote:
Just had a thought about BYO chair thing. We usually take a small camping chair each because we like to be able to sit down whenever and where ever we want (obviously not in front of the stages). I noticed last year all the allocated BYO chair areas were outside the tents only which was fine as we had lovely sunny weather. If it rains this year we are all screwed. Anxious

Depends whether you take the half glass empty or half glass full viewpoint.
Those of us who do not take chairs are in exactly the same situation.
The answer is that you move under a tent for cover and stand up,because if you sit on the ground in a year such as 2009,you get soaked and muddy.
On the positive side,the music is still playing.
And it never gets cold.
Northern NSW is a very wet place.
And this is the part of the year when the highest rainfall appears.

eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 2:09:42 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:

The answer is that you move under a tent for cover and stand up,because if you sit on the ground in a year such as 2009,you get soaked and muddy.
And it never gets cold.

I know about the climate as I live in northern NSW too .. Yamba area where it doesn't rain quite as much as Byron. :)

A picnic blanket has worked well for us on previous wet years. As long as there is a some space down the back amongst the rows of plastic chairs. Anxious
waffles
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 4:56:04 PM

i remember at red devil,having a good spot on the hill behind mojo. the rain started,i had a blue plastic tarp.we just spread this over the top of 3 of us and continued watching the bands...without being crowded.
must remember to pack one in.

TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 10:03:39 AM

Space5279 wrote:
djpetegordon0000 wrote:
bluesfestadmin wrote:

thanks

Maybe BF should have a dance tent next year....then all the dancers will be happy too!

The one year I went to BDO they had a dance tent.
Except that it didn't have live music.
You put ear phones on and jived around in a booth
You could be completely in your own world.

TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 10:07:45 AM

eileenk9 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:

And it never gets cold.

I know about the climate as I live in northern NSW too .. Yamba area where it doesn't rain quite as much as Byron. :)
A picnic blanket has worked well for us on previous wet years. As long as there is a some space down the back amongst the rows of plastic chairs. Anxious

http://www.yr.no/place/Australia/New_South_Wales/Yamba/long.html
The weather forecast for Yamba over the next few days,closely resembles that for Byron.

eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:14:15 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:

And it never gets cold.

http://www.yr.no/place/Australia/New_South_Wales/Yamba/long.html
The weather forecast for Yamba over the next few days,closely resembles that for Byron.

Resembles but Byron shire (especially the hinterland) tends to get more rain.

As for the chair thing I was happy to stand when watching anything in MOJO or Crossroads as I wanted to be near the stage.

Decided to sit it out in my chair at the back of Jambalaya for Fly My Pretties who were great ..
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 12:07:46 PM

i hit the wall a bit after sat. night so was going to have

a short day sunday...pokey and gary clark jnr..the joys of living locally..checked the radar about 2pm and there was one yellow and red spot in 250 klms...where was it....over tyagarah.d'oh!

waffles
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:40:55 PM

http://i.imgur.com/9hZleVv.jpg

could this be the answer to the chair problem?Think