Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Parking near teepees Options
mama03
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 4:38:05 PM
Groups: Member

hello everybody,
Can anyone tell me (first timer...) if we can park our car next to our teepee? Photos on the teepee life website show the average "reservation" is a tightly packed affair. Can anyone who camped in a teepee last year give me an idea? Also, does anyone have any sage advice for feeding a family of 5 (3 teens plus me and the old man) at the festival that won't kill us financially? We are flying in from NZ on the Wed arvo and won't be able to bring an eskie, will pack some folding chiller bags and was planning to do a UHT milk and cereal shop as we leave the airport in GC. Any tips gratefully accepted!
Ta.
bambambam
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:36:58 PM

Yo mama03

I wouldn't bother buying anything from the GC airport (There's no supermarket there anyway)
I presume you are renting a car, so, head into coolangatta and go to the big supermarkets there,,,
(daylight savings means coolangatta shops shut one hour later than tweed heads)
Buy yourself a foam esky, (maybe even two if their cheap enough) and I would also go to a
Kmart or Big W and buy one of those cheap camping stoves that take those canisters,,,
(Do you know the ones I mean, they are cheap around twenty five dollars,,)
Then buy a cheap saucepan and billy (teapot) or just bring some over with your luggage,,,
Now buy bacon eggs sausages fresh milk whatever,,,
I find at bluesfest that eating a decent breakfast in the morning is the best way to save money,,,
The shop onsite sells ice and bread and milk (a two minute walk from your teepee)
Once you bring your car in you can't take it out again (unless you leave it outside the festival and that costs money)
You won't really need a car because the buses to Byron are excellent during the day and there's plenty of time to shoot in
to Byron, stock up on supplies and be back before the first act even starts,,,
In fact, I would buy the stove now and just buy some canisters in Byron at the camping shop (no canisters on planes)
And lose the car altogether, catch a bus to Byron (hundreds of dollars by cab) ect ect ect,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anyway, this is the longest post I've ever written,,,,

Have a great festival, (should be the best one ever)

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
mama03
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:15:28 AM

Thanks for the reply, that's all really helpful. The family are getting vibed!
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:58:17 AM

i thought there was a supermarket in the shops just across from the airport terminal.could be wrong though.i know theres a pub.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
pellis
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 3:09:50 PM

Kiora! I stayed with Tepee life last year and it was great. Four of us shared a 6 man teepee, the extra room was needed. If you tepee is around the outside you can park right next to it, if your tepee is in the middle your about 20 meters away. Tepee around the outside isbetter as you can open the tent and get a breeze happening through it if its hot. Its to hard to sleep after 10, ear plugs and sleeping mask did wonders for me Pay extra for streacher beds. The adjacent campsite is the last one to get filled and usually only by sat and sun ticket holders so your really separated from the main festival campers. To get to the tepee life area you actually enter the campground and you turn off before the security check so you dont actually get searched after the first time, we did shop runs daily but were discreet with it. There was some beer on site and the bluesfest crew knew we had some grog because they emptied the bins every day...never said a word but if you played up youd probably get kicked out. I would grab an esky for drinks on site, we had heaps of local ginger/ Tumeric health drinks to us going., ice and breakfast is a short walk to the general store, and lunch and dinner is better in the venue as there are heaps of cool stalls. Tepee life get a 240v supply from a nearby generator but only have one access point, so many people charge there phones at the same time that the drain to to much and nothing gets charged. Use you car to charge. Toilets are close, showers are excellent, use them around 7 am...steaming hot. Youll have fun, the tepee crew are great, lots of couches and chairs to laze around in, a few musicians use tepee life too so there is always a daily post event late getogether and jam. Im doing it in a top of the line RV this year...want an air con.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 6:53:23 PM

And then there is tepee life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccRtO1mJfw
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.