Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

R PLant On 60 mins tonight 17/2/13 Options
fire462
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 4:56:08 PM
Groups: Member

A bit late notice but Liz Hayes is interviewing Robert Plant on 60 minutes tonight 17/2 if anyone interested.
Applause
fire462
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:25:02 PM

It was disappointing. Concentrated on LZ and not what he is doing now.
regards
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:00:12 PM

It was 60 minutes and on Channel 9, so you could not expect too much at all. Its almost the same as reading an interview in the Murdoch press.

I found it superficial , and lacking substance, but I thought that would be the case. Bob came across as a nice guy, which is not hard when you are doing what they call in the trade, a friendly interview.

He is a charmer as some people that worked on the Principal of Moments tour here in Jan/Feb 84 can attest to. I will say no more on that.

But some english muso friends of mine were not to happy with things he did in recent times.

All that aside I do not know if I will watch Rob or Iggy, when the times comes as I may have a lust for life or be dazed and confused.
bambambam
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 5:19:31 AM

Looks a tad like Richard Branson these days don't you think?
I mean with the facial hair and the giant happy smile

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
Space5279
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 7:32:04 AM

fire462 wrote:
It was disappointing. Concentrated on LZ and not what he is doing now.

Exactly what I expected....questions about trashing hotel rooms and bare midrifts. However, he did come across as a likeable fellow and almost gave her a pat on the head at the end, for having a go!!

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
eileenk9
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 7:48:23 AM

The interviewer was Tara Brown not Liz Hayes and my god that man was smokin HOT back in the day. Wish I'd been old enough to see Led Zep live.
normastijk
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 9:25:33 AM

Biggest waste of time ever. Didn't say anything new. The promo which hinted at big news about a reunion was totally misleading - he made no such claims.

In other words, it was exactly what I had expected.

I watched it anyway d'oh!
bucetti1
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 11:07:28 AM

I did however hear him say that he is free in 2014.

When they go low-we go high.
spanner1
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 10:08:08 PM

eileenk9 wrote:
The interviewer was Tara Brown not Liz Hayes and my god that man was smokin HOT back in the day. Wish I'd been old enough to see Led Zep live.

i am and i did at a small stadium gig in brissy in 72 at the old festival hall. They were the quintessential rock gods of the day and he was smoking hot. Possibly the best gig in my life, certainly in the top three.
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:45:34 AM

i am and i did also..the sydney gig was at the old showground.footage of it can be seen on their live dvd.immigrant song opened

the gig and i think opens the dvd.but apparently the sound quality was not good enough,so they dubbed a recording from another gig. and yes he certainly turned the ladies on,or the one i was with anyway.

as i remember they tried to keep the crowd back behind the outer fence,that lasted about 2 minutes.everyone jumped the fence and security gave up.Applause

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
colinsid
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:29:03 PM

eileenk9 wrote:
The interviewer was Tara Brown not Liz Hayes

There's a difference? They are all interchangeable & exhibiting the same sort of ignorance towards rock that all the lame mainstream media does.

Robert Plant is touring with a new band of talented muso's that is playing all the Led Zep songs & he still gets the "when are Led Zep going to reform?" question.

Can these shows please hire someone who knows about rock music (which excludes Molly) to interview rock stars in future, otherwise you just get these terrible interviews that appeal to the musically ignorant.
Space5279
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:04:39 PM

colinsid wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:
The interviewer was Tara Brown not Liz Hayes

There's a difference? They are all interchangeable & exhibiting the same sort of ignorance towards rock that all the lame mainstream media does.

Robert Plant is touring with a new band of talented muso's that is playing all the Led Zep songs & he still gets the "when are Led Zep going to reform?" question.

Can these shows please hire someone who knows about rock music (which excludes Molly) to interview rock stars in future, otherwise you just get these terrible interviews that appeal to the musically ignorant.

Couldn't agree more....you could have guessed the questions she would ask.....groupies, hotel rooms, substances, golden god, reformation etc...Then they skimmed over his solo career focusing only on 'Sea Of Love' and 'Big Log', touched on Allison Kraus collaboration....and inevitably, the only real Zep song featured was 'Stairway To Heaven'...el lamo.

fire462
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:24:59 PM

[quote=eileenk9]The interviewer was Tara Brown not Liz Hayes
My apologies eileenk9.... the interviewer wasn't exactly the point!! It was more about the interviewee Think
ianandhelena
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:31:18 AM

[quote=Space5279

Exactly what I expected....questions about trashing hotel rooms and bare midrifts. However, he did come across as a likeable fellow and almost gave her a pat on the head at the end, for having a go!![/quote]
What exactly is a midrift?
Space5279
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:13:13 AM

ianandhelena wrote:
[quote=Space5279

Exactly what I expected....questions about trashing hotel rooms and bare midrifts. However, he did come across as a likeable fellow and almost gave her a pat on the head at the end, for having a go!!

What exactly is a midrift?[/quote]

Sorry Helena...meant to be midriff....it is the area between the chest and the pelvis that Robert so often had exposed....kind of like your beer gut!

colinsid
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:36:13 AM

Space5279 wrote:
ianandhelena wrote:
[quote=Space5279

What exactly is a midrift?

Sorry Helena...meant to be midriff....it is the area between the chest and the pelvis that Robert so often had exposed....kind of like your beer gut![/quote]

On most men a midriff becomes a middrift anyway so your term is sort of correct.
bucetti1
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:41:58 AM

Dear Helena,
My wife thinks your stand against sloppy English is brilliant.You two should meet.
I get hen pecked each and every day about grammar,spelling etc.
If everything was perfect it would be boring.

When they go low-we go high.
eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:41:58 AM

Actually, I disagree. Liz Hayes, who has about 20 more years experience in front of a TV screen than the younger Tara Brown would, I hope, have asked more intelligent questions.

Anyway the thought of a 65 yo Robert Plant fronting Led Zeppelin again makes me cringe a bit. Sorry.

spanner1
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:31:11 PM

eileenk9 wrote:
Actually, I disagree. Liz Hayes, who has about 20 more years experience in front of a TV screen than the younger Tara Brown would, I hope, have asked more intelligent questions.

Anyway the thought of a 65 yo Robert Plant fronting Led Zeppelin again makes me cringe a bit. Sorry.

Eileen he did it only 5 years ago and was magnificent. Mick still rocks out. Ozzie is touring. I believe the music and musicianship would get me front and centre again at a Zep reunion to relive one of my greatest musical experiences ever.
AdeLight53
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 9:12:09 PM

Yes most P...Off that Iggy and Robert have been scheduled only half hour apart! ....their fans would be very much the same kind of people, and like me, would want to see both!!!...Sloppy scheduling....